Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: My Modded Ultrasabers  (Read 4853 times)
magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« on: September 14, 2014, 11:50:18 PM »

Howdy fellow forumites Smiley

I thought I'd share some pics of my personalized sabers.
Since there are a fair number of pics, I'll just give you the link to my flickr album.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/9616714@N05/sets/72157647601117482/

What you will see:

My two fairly heavily modified Dark Prophecy sabers, one in BR with Obsidian and the other is a stunt saber in VA. I kind of think of these two as siblings.. I thought about naming them, but couldn't come up with anything that didn't sound cliche' or just stupid.

My lightly modified Graflex CE in GB. I know it borders on blasphemy to mod a Graflex, but I ordered it as stunt (in VA, which went into one of my Prophecies) and swapped out all the internals with those from my Overlord. BTW, it is truly NOT easy to take apart a Graflex. You'll notice (among other things) that the 4 gold pins near the emitter are missing. I still have them, but I kind of like the tiny window effect you get without them.

And my (now stunt) Overlord in CG.

Anyway, enjoy. Smiley

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

julmax
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 75

A Sith... Hear? Bad Sishy, Bad Sithy! ...WOOSH!

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 12:22:33 AM »

Nicely done Magic!  

I'm not a purist... so customizing your Graflex is fine by me...  A point to you for creativity.  Wink

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 02:45:14 AM »

Nice job on all your mods.  I am especially partial to your Prophecy brothers.  Instead of the main bodies being assembled by individual parts it looks like they were raw ore material mined out of a mountain and fashioned from a solid piece into what they have become.  I hope that doesn't sound ridiculous.  But they are easy on the imagination if you know what I mean?

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 04:13:10 AM »

Cool man, I like the Duracell twins!  I'm considering doing a little painting also.

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

julmax
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 75

A Sith... Hear? Bad Sishy, Bad Sithy! ...WOOSH!

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 04:46:37 AM »

"Duracell twins"  ...ba, ha, ha, ha...  OMG!  I laughed so hard it made sides hurt... Cheesy

magik0012
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 02:26:31 PM »

"Duracell twins" Hmmmm.. yes.. humorous.. <contemplates putting Ex-lax in Ziran Le's food capsules>  Wink

Yeah.. the paint I used was supposed to be hammered copper.. but it just came out.. well.. copper.. still they look better than the first attempt when I used gold paint..

I had toyed with the idea of doing one in copper and the other in another color.. or just sanding one down to bare aluminum in those areas.. but that seemed like too much work and I would have needed to find/make matching screws/knobs.

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 02:57:05 PM »

That Prophecy looks wicked! Very nice custom work and point well deserved.

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 03:53:36 PM »

I've tried some of that "hammered" rattle can paint but in a graphite gray color.  It was definitely textured, but not exactly "hammered", methinks.  I'm planning to pull apart either my Liberator or this new Standard Issue that I got over the weekend to add some paint to, not sure which yet.  I may watch the DotD sales and if the regular silver Liberator pops up for a silly low price again I may make a Libby Staff out of 2 of them and then paint this SI for fun.

Nice idea on cutting slots into the emitter area of the Prophecies.  What did you use to do that?

Oh, and I gave you a point.  Rock on.

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

magik0012
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 04:11:58 PM »

Thanks sedstiskyfaller!

Nice idea on cutting slots into the emitter area of the Prophecies.  What did you use to do that?

All hail the might Dremel Tool!! Smiley I have the flex-shaft attachment, which makes it quite a bit easier to use..

jedijmoll
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 06:50:55 PM »

Well done hope to see more customs in the future

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 09:31:04 PM »

Impressive!!

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2014, 09:49:50 PM »

One of my pins fell out and I like the effect on the one side! I do like the  work you did on your Graflex! It's even better than mine! How do you get the front faux button & screw off?

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

gebhac
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 18

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 10:58:06 PM »

I love the Dark Prophecies you did.. fantastic work.

SlenderTheEnder
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 15

Light side points please. 끄기 우리가 간다!

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 11:27:44 PM »

Point, my friend. Love those bother sabers! Keep it up.

It's all about the Benjamins, and I don't have many, but ideally, I want a Manticore CE in SY with Obsidian for Emerald, FoC orange.

magik0012
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2014, 01:52:57 AM »

One of my pins fell out and I like the effect on the one side! I do like the  work you did on your Graflex! It's even better than mine! How do you get the front faux button & screw off?

The two faux buttons are just hot-glued in place over the top of two hex-screws. I got one off by just working it alot with my fingers, the other I pretty much destroyed trying to pry it off with a screwdriver.. which is why I used the ball-headed screws in their place.

Just FYI, the best way to get the pins out is to push them out from the inside, I did this with a pair of curved needle nose pliers that came to a fine point.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: