Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Uh-oh?  (Read 1390 times)
justmutantjed
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

I prefer to stay close to neutral.

« on: October 16, 2014, 01:31:43 PM »

Boy, I hope I didn't mess up too badly.
So I bought myself a stunt Dark Catalyst, and got it with the Li-Ion and BuckPuck battery setup. I was banking on getting sound installed next year, either with my tax refund or later in the year when I had the money. When I checked the FAQ page, it LOOKS like I can't get it converted? I really hope I'm mistaken, 'cause I was really looking forward to having sound on this baby eventually. Any help, guys?

There are neither light or dark side; The Force is a vast and beautiful rainbow. I would seek neutrality and balance in and through the Force.
Sabers owned:
Shock with RGBW Emerald (SRD, Pulse: EG, FoC: AB) and Obsidian v4 Sound, Recharge Port, non-illuminated AV Switch.
Dark Catalyst in Blazing Red w/ Red-illuminated AV Switch and Obsidian V3 Sound.
Dominix LE v3 in Adegan Silver (standard setup).

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 01:37:17 PM »

I don't know why you couldn't.  As far as I know all the non-V2 sabers are Obisidian compatible.  What part of the FAQ leads you to believe otherwise?

For the definitive answer you can e-mail Emory and he will quote you a price on having sound added.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 01:40:05 PM »

I think you just misunderstood the FAQ Smiley Of course it's possible to add sound to your Catalyst later. Just contact Emory at [email protected], he will answer any questions you might have. No matter if it's about the costs, shipping etc. Wink

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 05:41:38 PM »

Yeah the Catalyst is sound capable dude so you're good. I wouldn't mind having one myself one day for a more regal looking saber. =] Tell us how you like the saber when it comes in.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

justmutantjed
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

I prefer to stay close to neutral.

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 07:21:51 AM »

*Phew* That's a relief. Quoth the FAQ:
"Only the saber listed on our Sabers with Sound section can have sound added to them. If the saber is NOT listed in the Sabers with Sound section, then sound can not be added to it, there are no exceptions to this. If you purchased a saber listed in the Sabers with Sound section and did not add sound, you can mail your saber back at a later date to have sound added at an additional charge, email us at [email protected] to set this up."
What freaked me out is that I did not purchase my DC through the "With Sound" category. What I think I'm jamming up on is the word LISTED. I'm a bit of a literal thinker.
I've had my Dark Catalyst for a week-ish now, and lemme tell ya, I love it to bits! With or without sound, it's definitely in my top 3 of most awesome things ever owned! With the Blazing Red, it's pretty easy on my nocturnal eyes (I don't mind admitting that was part of the reason I got it... Sweetest emergency light ever).

There are neither light or dark side; The Force is a vast and beautiful rainbow. I would seek neutrality and balance in and through the Force.
Sabers owned:
Shock with RGBW Emerald (SRD, Pulse: EG, FoC: AB) and Obsidian v4 Sound, Recharge Port, non-illuminated AV Switch.
Dark Catalyst in Blazing Red w/ Red-illuminated AV Switch and Obsidian V3 Sound.
Dominix LE v3 in Adegan Silver (standard setup).

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 08:55:55 AM »

Dark Catalysts can certainly have sound - mine does!

I suspect the FAQ may not have been updated recently, or the DC has been missed off when it was updated, but I can't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to have sound added. As has been said, though, check with Emory to be sure Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Macyn
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 01:16:11 PM »

Emory (Ultrasabers) is very responsive and flexible. He will definitely work with you and get you what you request - Within reason, of course.

Black Reaper with Blazing Red Blade
Initiate with Guardian Blue

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: