Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Ultrasabers Flamberge  (Read 263132 times)
Enzayer
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #285 on: January 20, 2016, 08:18:50 PM »

I tried dropping a line to the info email, but I'm guessing the shop is slammed.  So I'll post my question to the GP.

Can you get the quick disconnect installed on the flamberge?  I didn't see an option on it's order page.  Thanks all.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #286 on: January 20, 2016, 08:35:49 PM »

If there's no option for QD's, then they're most likely not available for the Flamberge.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #287 on: January 20, 2016, 09:22:27 PM »

If there's no option for QD's, then they're most likely not available for the Flamberge.
I tried dropping a line to the info email, but I'm guessing the shop is slammed.  So I'll post my question to the GP.

Can you get the quick disconnect installed on the flamberge?  I didn't see an option on it's order page.  Thanks all.

That is correct. If the option is not available in the customization pulldowns, then it not available for that saber.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Enzayer
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #288 on: January 21, 2016, 06:50:18 PM »

Thanks guys, just wanted to see if that was so or if there was a comment that I had to add.

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #289 on: January 22, 2016, 11:29:27 PM »

Although I don't have a cross-guard saber yet, I thought those of you who do might appreciate the sheer awesomeness of this vid:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxz20N2O09M" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxz20N2O09M</a>

BTW, He also mentioned in a reply: "It flickers because I bought the Emerald LED driver with my Ultra Saber Flamberge. It allows you to pulse the light. It is not my camera, its the led light pulsing."

I apologize if this has already been posted here, but I got a little excited...

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #290 on: January 23, 2016, 12:24:32 AM »

I think it would look cool to stick blade plugs in the sides and just have the red reflective glow coming out.

Although I like the appearance of the Flamberge/Renegade I'm inclined to think that I'd go for this if I bought one. I quite like swords with shortish crossguards, and feel like that'd really look cool.

Does anyone have a photo of a Flamberge with plugs in to show how deep they sit/show far they stick out? The other option would be to use something like the Manticore emitters on the sides...

I have a horrible feeling that my brain is going to decide I need a Flamberge... Roll Eyes

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #291 on: January 23, 2016, 12:37:12 AM »

Although I like the appearance of the Flamberge/Renegade I'm inclined to think that I'd go for this if I bought one. I quite like swords with shortish crossguards, and feel like that'd really look cool.

Does anyone have a photo of a Flamberge with plugs in to show how deep they sit/show far they stick out? The other option would be to use something like the Manticore emitters on the sides...

I have a horrible feeling that my brain is going to decide I need a Flamberge... Roll Eyes

Any particular reason why one wouldn't just cut some "grab bag" blades as short as desired w/a pipe cutter?

Maybe I'm naive, but what's the point of getting a "cross"-guard saber for the purpose of eliminating the "cross" blades to use blade plugs instead?  Huh

Kinda like buying a short-sleeve shirt to cut the sleeves off instead of buying a sleeveless shirt, yes?  Grin
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 12:46:21 AM by Lord Raváge » Logged

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #292 on: January 23, 2016, 01:27:25 AM »

There's a specific look I'd be going for that'd suit the hilt in general, but not the wide crossguard blades.

You're right that I could cut down blades, but I already have many, many blade plugs. If they fit the crossguard holes, great. If not, I'd need to consider other options - including cutting down blades.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #293 on: January 23, 2016, 03:07:34 AM »

This is what I'd do as well; use the width of the emitter itself as the guard and treat the Flamberge as a broad sword lightsaber. The cross guard blades would get old for me quickly, but I like the hilt non the less.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #294 on: January 23, 2016, 03:09:15 AM »

Give into your temptation, it is your destiny.

The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it. 

I like mine but it's too big for me to use effectively.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #295 on: January 23, 2016, 06:02:21 AM »

Mine currently has plugs in.  I had to cut them to right about 3/4" to get them to sit flush with the emitter ring.

Pics tomorrow.

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #296 on: January 23, 2016, 08:57:37 AM »

I wonder which one will suit the need to recreate the green bladed crossguard saber seen in the new Rebels Season 2.5 trailer.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #297 on: January 23, 2016, 10:11:56 AM »

Has anyone tried using the side emitters as emitters for other MHS hilts?

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #298 on: January 23, 2016, 12:06:29 PM »

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #299 on: January 23, 2016, 01:24:38 PM »

Cool, thank you Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: