Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers? Rebooted  (Read 95508 times)
Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #285 on: June 17, 2015, 12:06:41 AM »

I'd support them doing it for sure, probably buy two right off the bat.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #286 on: June 17, 2015, 02:28:50 PM »

That's easy:  MBS

Modular Blaster System.  Wink

BOOM! point

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #287 on: June 18, 2015, 12:08:37 AM »

How about more pommel choices? I actually like the pommel from the Dark Omen saber. I'd probably use it on a Dark Reaper if I ever got one which I still plan on doing but don't really like the clawed pommel

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #288 on: June 18, 2015, 01:54:13 AM »

BOOM! point

To be honest though, I really wouldn't have any interest in a Blaster replica.

They're clumsy, random and . . .

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #289 on: June 18, 2015, 02:11:23 AM »

To be honest though, I really wouldn't have any interest in a Blaster replica.

Sometimes the situation calls for an uncivilized method.
 Tongue

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #290 on: June 18, 2015, 02:27:34 PM »

How about more pommel choices? I actually like the pommel from the Dark Omen saber. I'd probably use it on a Dark Reaper if I ever got one which I still plan on doing but don't really like the clawed pommel

I started looking at an Omen yesterday. The plan would be to replaces the emitter and redo the sound font. I've loved everything about this model other than the Thundercats theme. This would make and excellent curved hilt if you could manage to bend after what's been done has been done.

That may be, but they would still be cool as &^$@

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

wargame_insomniac
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 48

« Reply #291 on: June 18, 2015, 10:15:10 PM »

If Obi-Wan thinks they are not cool, then that is enough for me.
The only way to override that would be if Mace said they were cool.
Because he KNOWS cool!

Point for Lord Canterbury for fun and appropriate graphic.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #292 on: June 19, 2015, 03:42:55 PM »

If Obi-Wan thinks they are not cool, then that is enough for me.
The only way to override that would be if Mace said they were cool.
Because he KNOWS cool!

Point for Lord Canterbury for fun and appropriate graphic.

Says they're "So uncivilized." right after using one to save his @$$. Weak. If he had any sense, or real skill for that matter, he'd have Force pushed Grievous at the very least. I'd have used the Force to rip off his arms and legs. I don't think removal of artificial limbs goes against the Jedi code.

Sig by For Tyeth

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #293 on: June 19, 2015, 05:36:10 PM »

Says they're "So uncivilized." right after using one to save his @$$. Weak. If he had any sense, or real skill for that matter, he'd have Force pushed Grievous at the very least. I'd have used the Force to rip off his arms and legs. I don't think removal of artificial limbs goes against the Jedi code.

That's kind of a constant through the Prequels, Clone Wars and now - Rebels.

I'm always watching a Jedi get in over his head and NOT use the Force and thought to myself:

"Really??!  If I were a Jedi Master, I just would have . . ."

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

JinhamKlyean
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 38

Light-side points preferred.

« Reply #294 on: June 19, 2015, 07:09:04 PM »

I'm always watching a Jedi get in over his head and NOT use the Force and thought to myself:

I'm kind of the same way. I always think to myself that Jedi could do a lot of things they don't - although whether they should do them is grounds for a light-side/dark-side debate.

For instance, causing an embolism in one's opponent. Or, for that matter, just crushing their internal organs with the force.

Dark Sentinel v4 (CGreen, UEHG).
Proud member of Indy Lightsaber Academy!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #295 on: June 19, 2015, 07:31:45 PM »

Well it does kind of go with the teaching that Yoda gives in "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense. Never for attack." Which makes him a hypocrite when he threw that "senate car" at Sidious. Qui-gon was constantly pushing droids over. That's actually something I just realized that I hate about the prequels, they fight robots so the Jedi aren't straight up killers that they would be if they were fighting sentients. And I also just thought, the Rebels were always killing faceless STs in the OT. Even the TIE pilots were faceless.

Sig by For Tyeth

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #296 on: June 19, 2015, 08:28:03 PM »

Well it does kind of go with the teaching that Yoda gives in "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense. Never for attack." Which makes him a hypocrite when he threw that "senate car" at Sidious. Qui-gon was constantly pushing droids over. That's actually something I just realized that I hate about the prequels, they fight robots so the Jedi aren't straight up killers that they would be if they were fighting sentients. And I also just thought, the Rebels were always killing faceless STs in the OT. Even the TIE pilots were faceless.

I get that, generally speaking - but what about when saving another innocent life is involved? That's more what gets me - should have been more specific.

There's a Clone Wars episode where Obi-Wan stands there while Grievous basically crushes a Clone Trooper's head with his foot, then Obi-Wan says "You'll pay for that."

He couldn't use the Force to throw Grievous backwards?

Obviously- it's writing.  The other way is more dramatic.  But still.

Sorry - Emory- this just turned into a Suggestion Box for the Star Wars Writer's Room.  Wink

Roband
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -38

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

« Reply #297 on: June 19, 2015, 11:21:21 PM »

(easy short-term upgrade) More variety in the "build your own saber" section gets my vote.

Ultrasabers makes a LOT of very cool MHS emmitters/ pommels/saber bodies, that open the door for some fantastic mixing and matching, unfortunately are only available by buying a whole saber... which is sometimes really not in the budget. Buying 2-3 sabers to combine a particular body, emitter and pommel would get prohibitevily expensive really quick. unfortunately, if you own a Crimson, or an Azure it is the only way to get more parts anodized in your color.

(Longer term development) Eventually have a way to link the new Obsidian v4 sound to an Emerald vX driver to gain the ability to have "light fonts" that change with the different sound fonts on the fly.

PASSION, yet PEACE
SERENITY, yet EMOTION
CHAOS, yet ORDER
THE FORCE, in BALANCE

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #298 on: June 22, 2015, 08:16:14 PM »

it is the only way to get more parts anodized in your color.

If you ask nicely, Emory should hook you up. One of my first requests was for another Scorp claw. Even though it's not listed, he quoted me a price, and told me how to go about ordering.

(Longer term development) Eventually have a way to link the new Obsidian v4 sound to an Emerald vX driver to gain the ability to have "light fonts" that change with the different sound fonts on the fly.

I've come across "other-guy" sabers with that capability. If I'm not too much mistaken, guts like that are going to run you about $4-500 for electronics alone. I've contemplated this for a special buy, to happen someday. Hopefully still in the time frame of my wreckless youth so I have a sliver of justification. The whole saber was $2k.

Sig by For Tyeth

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 54

I am legend.

« Reply #299 on: June 22, 2015, 09:15:19 PM »

I've come across "other-guy" sabers with that capability. If I'm not too much mistaken, guts like that are going to run you about $4-500 for electronics alone. I've contemplated this for a special buy, to happen someday. Hopefully still in the time frame of my wreckless youth so I have a sliver of justification. The whole saber was $2k.

They actually aren't that expensive for the raw components, closer to $250.

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: