Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers? Rebooted  (Read 96327 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #135 on: April 01, 2015, 12:17:02 PM »

Thanks guys!

Hehe, so is anyone participating in the latest raffle by Ultrasabers?

Trying to shift bills so I can grab that Manitore CE on the DoD.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Vixus PriX
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -73

The only sober Hawk Bat

« Reply #136 on: April 03, 2015, 03:44:44 PM »

With over three thousand posts in the other one http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=831.0

I thought it would be good to restart this box.  Same principles for the other one apply to this.  A suggestion box is just suggestions.

I want to see a sentinel yellow blade color available, and I would also love to see an Ultrasabers version of the Guard Shoto, the short bladed and long hilted lightsaber with a grip extending out perpendicular to the main handle at a 90 degree angle.
I know I'm a bit late on this, but US did have a Guard Shoto (or light-tonfa) at some point in time... it was an exclusive at some convention, I think.

Without the curved saber to ask for, what's there to wish for anyway? (besides Guardian Yellow (which can be made using color-discs) or the light-tonfa which does exist (but in small numbers).

arsenal:
Dark Initiate (V3) Twin Pair
Wishlist: (all V3)
Dominix LE (silver) W. Sound, saber pike parts, Flamberge V2.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #137 on: April 03, 2015, 03:49:47 PM »

I know I'm a bit late on this, but US did have a Guard Shoto (or light-tonfa) at some point in time... it was an exclusive at some convention, I think.

Without the curved saber to ask for, what's there to wish for anyway? (besides Guardian Yellow (which can be made using color-discs) or the light-tonfa which does exist (but in small numbers).

You can special order Sentinel Yellow as a solid LED color. You just spec AS, order $5 in requisitions, and specify what Forum color (SY) in the order notes. I just did on a Manticore CE. It should look fargin' sweet.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2032

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2015, 03:01:36 AM »

Can we have a Chosen One CE option soon? Like one where if you want a silver emitter? Then I'd get one for sure =] Even though I don't mind the Darth Vader theme of it on now but still would be awesome

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2015, 03:17:44 PM »

Can we have a Chosen One CE option soon? Like one where if you want a silver emitter? Then I'd get one for sure =] Even though I don't mind the Darth Vader theme of it on now but still would be awesome

You might be able to request one that is un-anodized. Never hurts to ask.

Sig by For Tyeth

seiji
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 2

Gray Jedi. No light or dark side points needed!

« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2015, 05:24:26 PM »

Trying to shift bills so I can grab that Manitore CE on the DoD.

I see! hope you are able to shift things fast though!

I didnt get the manticore Ce on the DoD, wanted the archon or consular actually to be on DoD. But that didnt happen, so I went ahead and pre-order another saber! No points on what pre-order it is!

My current wishlist is for the V4 Obsidian soundboard to be included for sale with the sabers hahaha! Grin

Sabers gotten:
Aeon Le v3 (AB) Obsd
Dark prophecy v3 (SRD) stunt
Dominix v3 (BR) obsd
Initiate Le v3 (GB) stunt
Dark initiate v3 (CG) stunt
Flamberge (AS clr disc) obsd
Archon v2.1 (CG) obsd - out for repairs
Dark sentinel v4 (BR) obsd
The Aeon (BR) stunt
Aeon LE v3 (VA) stunt
Dominix LE v3 (CG) stunt
Guardian (Emerald) obsd

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2015, 05:27:08 PM »

I see! hope you are able to shift things fast though!

I didnt get the manticore Ce on the DoD, wanted the archon or consular actually to be on DoD. But that didnt happen, so I went ahead and pre-order another saber! No points on what pre-order it is!

My current wishlist is for the V4 Obsidian soundboard to be included for sale with the sabers hahaha! Grin

Already done and impatiently waiting for them to return from Wondercon, so they can ship it.

Ooooh, so mysterious. Because they allow "Pre-orders" all the time. Wink

Sig by For Tyeth

seiji
Knight Officer

« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2015, 05:44:52 PM »

Already done and impatiently waiting for them to return from Wondercon, so they can ship it.

Ooooh, so mysterious. Because they allow "Pre-orders" all the time. Wink

Hahaha! If I were to write down the name of the pre-order saber, I would be taking the fun out of it! Wink

Haven't they return back yet from the wondercon? I mean, its already been 2 days, unless of course its about the equipment and stuff. (If its about that, then I would know as I used to work in logistics, quite a pain in the ass with the number of items brought over and back, loading and unloading stuff and counting again to make sure everything's all right with the numbers!) Grin

Sabers gotten:
Aeon Le v3 (AB) Obsd
Dominix v3 (BR) obsd
The Aeon (BR) stunt
Aeon LE v3 (VA) stunt
Dominix LE v3 (CG) stunt
Guardian (Emerald) obsd

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2015, 06:14:43 PM »

Hahaha! If I were to write down the name of the pre-order saber, I would be taking the fun out of it! Wink

Haven't they return back yet from the wondercon? I mean, its already been 2 days, unless of course its about the equipment and stuff. (If its about that, then I would know as I used to work in logistics, quite a pain in the ass with the number of items brought over and back, loading and unloading stuff and counting again to make sure everything's all right with the numbers!) Grin

I estimate a day each for travelling to and from. A day each unloading/setting up and tearingdown/packing. Plus however long the con is.

Sig by For Tyeth

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #144 on: April 08, 2015, 06:21:28 PM »

Also time to get caught up on orders once they get back to the office.

Even if they are at a con you will still get your saber a lot faster then if you ordered one from some other sabersmith. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

seiji
Knight Officer

« Reply #145 on: April 09, 2015, 05:36:48 AM »

Also time to get caught up on orders once they get back to the office.

Even if they are at a con you will still get your saber a lot faster then if you ordered one from some other sabersmith. 

True that!

Note: for those who wants to know if the v4 is still available, I emailed Mr Emory this morning and they dont have v4 soundboards for beta testing though.  Sad

On the other hand, the Pre order still have some hilts left that they can ship over once you placed your order. Wink

Sabers gotten:
Aeon Le v3 (AB) Obsd
Dominix v3 (BR) obsd
The Aeon (BR) stunt
Aeon LE v3 (VA) stunt
Dominix LE v3 (CG) stunt
Guardian (Emerald) obsd

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2015, 02:50:58 AM »

Here's my thoughts . . .

1 - Somebody mentioned this already - but I'd definitely like an illuminated latching switch for stunt sabers, for reasons beyond the aesthetic; if i'm using 2 Stunts as a Staff - I want the hilts to be as smooth & flush as possible.  The less sticking out, the better for handling.

2 - I think something to this effect was also mentioned, but I would love for the Silver v4's to have another coloring option - basically Black trim instead of Gold. 

Given how many Pommels are two-tone Black & Silver - I think it would improve the overall aesthetic flow having that option (versus all Silver w/ a Silver & Black Pommel or Silver & Gold w/ a Silver & Black Pommel).

3 - . . . and . . . I'm blanking.  Had more yesterday- it'll come to me.  Wink

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

seiji
Knight Officer

« Reply #147 on: April 11, 2015, 05:20:45 AM »

I like your ideas, lord canterbury! (If i could give you more dark points in an hour, i would for your idea! Had those ideas for a while after receiving my sabers)

For me, i would like it as an option during checkout.

-> the av illuminated and av non illuminated switch as an option for stunt sabers or grab bag sabers. It will add on a cool aesthetic effect even if its just a stunt saber.

-> more colour choice in terms of a hilt. Say, a prophecy. If you can choose another colour for the slanted emitter portion and the vented pommel. Slanted emitter portion could be say, either prophecy or dark prophecy colour as an option to the colour of the hilt that you choose. (P.s meaning that if i choose a prophecy saber, i can choose either the dark prophecy colour or the original prophecy colour for the emitter portion. Same goes for the vented pommel, either the black anodized version of the silver vented pommel version) (Note: the hilt emitter colours may not seem feasible, thus i would suggest the vented pommel colour instead)

-> choice of the length of the blade for grab bag sabers. Some fellas can consider getting a 40" blade as compared to the standard  32"  blade. Reason being some fellas might be taller than the others, thus the need for a longer blade. Or simply the person loves longer blades as part of the collection. Or one is getting a saber for his/her youngling and the standard 32" blade is too long for a youngling to hold (hence adding in a 24" blade as well to the options)

All in all, for now. It would be:

1) av illuminated or av non illuminated switch as an option for stunt sabers and grab bag sabers.

2) -colour choice in hilts that seem feasible to execute the colour change on.
     -The colour of the regular vented pommel for all types of sabers, regardless of stunt, sound or emerald (silver or black anodized)

3) choice of length of blades for grab bag sabers and other sabers that does not come with option of length of blades.

This would really add on to the hell load of customizations one can do for their own saber, making it truly their own saber! Grin
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 05:38:55 AM by seiji » Logged

Sabers gotten:
Aeon Le v3 (AB) Obsd
Dominix v3 (BR) obsd
The Aeon (BR) stunt
Aeon LE v3 (VA) stunt
Dominix LE v3 (CG) stunt
Guardian (Emerald) obsd

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #148 on: April 11, 2015, 07:29:25 PM »

seiji >> I'm guessing the most realistic suggestion of ours is for latching A/V style switches.

Actually - given what I assume their business model to be (subbing out the machining of emitters, bodies and pommels & making bulk buys) - it would actually make sense for them long term to make that switch.

Pretty sure the shrouded & AV stye switches require different sized holes in the Hilt for installation.

Making that switch would allow them to order ALL hilts with the SAME size hole, which in theory should lower their acquisition cost some.  (I am guessing 1000 units of the same size would be less than 500 units each of 2 different sizes.)

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 76

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #149 on: April 11, 2015, 07:46:03 PM »

How about some kind of "half"yari for those that want some more length but not that much. LE yaris would be nice too.

Determination is my strength, patience is not always my virtue.
Initiate LE V4(SY) w/Sound "Chasm"

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: