Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers? Rebooted  (Read 96329 times)
Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #150 on: April 12, 2015, 12:17:37 AM »

seiji >> I'm guessing the most realistic suggestion of ours is for latching A/V style switches.

Actually - given what I assume their business model to be (subbing out the machining of emitters, bodies and pommels & making bulk buys) - it would actually make sense for them long term to make that switch.

Pretty sure the shrouded & AV stye switches require different sized holes in the Hilt for installation.

Making that switch would allow them to order ALL hilts with the SAME size hole, which in theory should lower their acquisition cost some.  (I am guessing 1000 units of the same size would be less than 500 units each of 2 different sizes.)

Just remembered - I believe a good number of the Obsidian/Emerald hilts are longer than the regular Stunt ones.  That roughly 1" reduction for Stunts is probably a much bigger saver than any hole size would factor into.

But anyway - it would still be great to have a latching AV style switch for Sabers without Sound.

Widening the hole to accomodate a bigger switch could probably be done easily with a Drill Press.

(i have one and I'm contemplating doing just that on the v3 Initiates I have.)

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2032

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #151 on: April 12, 2015, 02:37:38 AM »

No go on a silver emitter Chosen One idea so I guess closest thing we have for now is the Prophecy if you want an Anakin AOTC look

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

seiji
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 2

Gray Jedi. No light or dark side points needed!

« Reply #152 on: April 12, 2015, 04:53:50 AM »

Just remembered - I believe a good number of the Obsidian/Emerald hilts are longer than the regular Stunt ones.  That roughly 1" reduction for Stunts is probably a much bigger saver than any hole size would factor into.

But anyway - it would still be great to have a latching AV style switch for Sabers without Sound.

Widening the hole to accomodate a bigger switch could probably be done easily with a Drill Press.

(i have one and I'm contemplating doing just that on the v3 Initiates I have.)

Yup! It wil certainly add a more aesthetic look and feel to the saber if it was included as an opton for stunt and grab bage sabers!

I mean, heck, for a small fee to make the saber more smooth and more awesome in terms of the av style switch. It will certainly be a great idea for people who want to get a stunt saber but yet has the smooth and aesthetic look with an av style switch would be great!

True that! All you need is a drill press to make the switch hole bigger!

Sabers gotten:
Aeon Le v3 (AB) Obsd
Dark prophecy v3 (SRD) stunt
Dominix v3 (BR) obsd
Initiate Le v3 (GB) stunt
Dark initiate v3 (CG) stunt
Flamberge (AS clr disc) obsd
Archon v2.1 (CG) obsd - out for repairs
Dark sentinel v4 (BR) obsd
The Aeon (BR) stunt
Aeon LE v3 (VA) stunt
Dominix LE v3 (CG) stunt
Guardian (Emerald) obsd

tomfoyle
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 47

Play that same song!

« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2015, 10:47:51 AM »

I think it would be nice to just have all the forum colors available in the standard selection at +$10 and get rid of all the requisition charge nonsense. Seems to me that it just causes unnecessary confusion on the forums with people asking "What's SY?", "How do I order BH?", etc. And it would provide more options for new customers who would otherwise never know they existed, which I'm sure would be good for US business Smiley

seiji
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 2

Gray Jedi. No light or dark side points needed!

« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2015, 11:54:34 AM »

I think it would be nice to just have all the forum colors available in the standard selection at +$10 and get rid of all the requisition charge nonsense. Seems to me that it just causes unnecessary confusion on the forums with people asking "What's SY?", "How do I order BH?", etc. And it would provide more options for new customers who would otherwise never know they existed, which I'm sure would be good for US business Smiley

True that! When i started lurking, i came across the bane's heart, sentinel yellow, emerald green,  dark va, pryestone orange colours and was wondering how to order and i could also see the requisition charges and didnt know what was it for. It would be great if they were added as an option. Pricey, but at least new customers who didnt register to the forums would know what colours are there that they could choose and they can make a better choice.

But on the other hand, I'm thinking that since its mentioned as a forum colour. It would most probably mean that you are already a registered forum member, hence the said forum colours and requisition charges.

Sabers gotten:
Aeon Le v3 (AB) Obsd
Dark prophecy v3 (SRD) stunt
Dominix v3 (BR) obsd
Initiate Le v3 (GB) stunt
Dark initiate v3 (CG) stunt
Flamberge (AS clr disc) obsd
Archon v2.1 (CG) obsd - out for repairs
Dark sentinel v4 (BR) obsd
The Aeon (BR) stunt
Aeon LE v3 (VA) stunt
Dominix LE v3 (CG) stunt
Guardian (Emerald) obsd

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2015, 01:28:05 PM »

My understanding is that the forum colours aren't standardised yet, so there's no guarantee that my yellow/pink/dark violet blades will be the same as anyone else's. Until and unless US can come up with a standard colour, they can't/won't offer them as a reliable alternative to the standard colours.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #156 on: April 13, 2015, 04:11:26 PM »

Here's my thoughts . . .
2 - I think something to this effect was also mentioned, but I would love for the Silver v4's to have another coloring option - basically Black trim instead of Gold. 

Given how many Pommels are two-tone Black & Silver - I think it would improve the overall aesthetic flow having that option (versus all Silver w/ a Silver & Black Pommel or Silver & Gold w/ a Silver & Black Pommel).

I've actually already directly pitched this type of to Emory. I was inspired while looking at my Dark Prophecy. How cool would this look in an LE? I think it would be a great adder to saber options if you could select your finish type, similar to how the Manticore CE offers the choice of High Pollish or Nickel Plated.

SY = Sentinel Yellow. BH = Bane's Heart (magenta/hot pink-ish). These are Forum colors, available upon request. Purchase $5 in requisition charges, and spec Adegan Silver when you choose your blade color. Then when you check out, specify what forum color you want in the order notes.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #157 on: April 13, 2015, 04:23:55 PM »

I've actually already directly pitched this type of to Emory. I was inspired while looking at my Dark Prophecy. How cool would this look in an LE? I think it would be a great adder to saber options if you could select your finish type, similar to how the Manticore CE offers the choice of High Pollish or Nickel Plated.

Cool.  Did he provide any feedback?  I know the thing they need to consider is the 'ol Supply & Demand.

I'm sure they order the machined components in bulk - so, what would the demand be for Regular, Dark, LE, Dark LE AND Black Ring LE etc.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #158 on: April 13, 2015, 04:43:03 PM »

Cool.  Did he provide any feedback?  I know the thing they need to consider is the 'ol Supply & Demand.

I'm sure they order the machined components in bulk - so, what would the demand be for Regular, Dark, LE, Dark LE AND Black Ring LE etc.

No I got no feed back on it. I'm 97% sure that as ravenous as the US regulars are for variations, that these new color options would sell like hot cakes.

My idea was simple. It's the same type of thing they already do with all the Initiate, Aeon/Dominix, and Sentinel series, just on other V3 models.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

tomfoyle
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 47

Play that same song!

« Reply #159 on: April 13, 2015, 04:45:54 PM »

SY = Sentinel Yellow. BH = Bane's Heart (magenta/hot pink-ish). These are Forum colors, available upon request. Purchase $5 in requisition charges, and spec Adegan Silver when you choose your blade color. Then when you check out, specify what forum color you want in the order notes.

Indeed, I know how it works Wink but I was just suggesting that they remove that contrived ordering process and just add them to the standard list. It wouldn't make a difference for me and you as we already know about the forum colors, but it would be nice to make them more easily available to newcomers who don't know. I imagine there must be quite a lot of people who look at the UltraSabers homepage and think "Oh, they don't have my favourite color (yellow/pink/whatever), I guess I'll take my business elsewhere to another saber smith". And that would be a shame!

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #160 on: April 13, 2015, 04:51:00 PM »

No I got no feed back on it. I'm 97% sure that as ravenous as the US regulars are for variations, that these new color options would sell like hot cakes.

My idea was simple. It's the same type of thing they already do with all the Initiate, Aeon/Dominix, and Sentinel series, just on other V3 models.

Unless they release a V4 version of the Prophecy I don't expect to see new variations of it.  They seem to be moving on with the new V4 line and all the other new sabers that have been coming out.  You never know for sure though.  I know if they come out with a nickel plated CE version Prowl and I will be first in line.  Cool  

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2015, 04:55:10 PM »

Indeed, I know how it works Wink but I was just suggesting that they remove that contrived ordering process and just add them to the standard list. It wouldn't make a difference for me and you as we already know about the forum colors, but it would be nice to make them more easily available to newcomers who don't know. I imagine there must be quite a lot of people who look at the UltraSabers homepage and think "Oh, they don't have my favourite color (yellow/pink/whatever), I guess I'll take my business elsewhere to another saber smith". And that would be a shame!

The problem with that is if a new customer orders a saber in SY and ends up with something more of a greenish yellow that could also turn them off to Ultrasabers.  I say that because one of my SY LED's looked like that.  I completely understand them not making the forum colors standard because there is too much potential for inconsistency in the colors. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #162 on: April 13, 2015, 05:01:20 PM »

That would be a shame, since US is constantly trying to improve their company where ever possible. But you can't please everyone all at once. Going somewhere else would be impulsive even by my standards. Give it some time, and listen to Casey. There is doubtlessly a reason why they don't offer it as standard.

Unless they release a V4 version of the Prophecy I don't expect to see new variations of it.  They seem to be moving on with the new V4 line and all the other new sabers that have been coming out.  You never know for sure though.  I know if they come out with a nickel plated CE version Prowl and I will be first in line.  Cool   

First in line after me. My only real thought on this was just a way of offering more options and making more money. I love the Prophecy design, I always have. I just wish it had color variation like the LEs.

The problem with that is if a new customer orders a saber in SY and ends up with something more of a greenish yellow that could also turn them off to Ultrasabers.  I say that because one of my SY LED's looked like that.  I completely understand them not making the forum colors standard because there is too much potential for inconsistency in the colors. 

I was actually wondering if they could produce like an acid green color. I'd be all over that.

Sig by For Tyeth

Copperhamster
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 14

Look sir, Droids!

« Reply #163 on: April 13, 2015, 09:34:39 PM »

I was looking at other saber sites to see if there was anything ultrasabers does not have that other sites do and some of the things I found where options for white or black colours for the blade, a weathered version for the hilt and also on saber forge a lightwhip option (don't know how they do it as I did not order it) note that I only visited other sites to find things ultrasabers could do to improve. So my suggestions are
1. Lightwhip
2. White colour blades
3. Black colour blades
4. Weathered option for hilts
5. The inquistors lightsaber

I'm pretty sure the lightwhip is an eled strip inside a fiber optic sheath. That's what it looks like.

Sabers:
E-Series Aggressor, CG
E-Series Aggressor, FO
E-Series Steel Standard Issue, AS (parts stripped)
Customized Initiate V2, AS (internals from SSI + regulator and Li-ion)
2 Dominix V2 RGB w/Coupler

Remember, the saber and jedi exist to serve the force, but only one can serve the force without the other.
(LS Please)

dasweallycool
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #164 on: April 13, 2015, 11:08:42 PM »

How about the option to ditch a blade and buy a hilt only? I know you can do that for the grab bags so why not the rest of the hilts? Maybe £9 off or something? I've not checked how much a blade is on its own...

Just a thought Smiley

I HAVE:
Aeon V3 - AS/Obsidian
Initiate V4 LE BR/ObsLITE
Standard Issue AS/Stunt
Force FX - Yoda
M/R - Anakin EP2
M/R - BYO
M/R - Luke EP4

Wish List:
Prophecy V3 AB/Stunt

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23   Go Up