Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers? Rebooted  (Read 95811 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #165 on: April 14, 2015, 02:29:25 PM »

How about the option to ditch a blade and buy a hilt only? I know you can do that for the grab bags so why not the rest of the hilts? Maybe £9 off or something? I've not checked how much a blade is on its own...

Just a thought Smiley

Standard blades are like $20 when sold individually. I think they are severly discounted if they play a factor in the cost of a new saber. Similarly how blade plugs, pommels, chargers, belt clips, etc, are cheaper if you buy them with a saber.

I'm pretty sure the lightwhip is an eled strip inside a fiber optic sheath. That's what it looks like.

Some light whips, look to be a fiber-optic style chord. This way you don't need to mess w/ electronics.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 03:41:17 PM by BenPass » Logged

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #166 on: April 18, 2015, 08:42:36 AM »

Carbon fiber stunt blades for if we just want to mess around with some choreo work? Would be awesome or sure

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Dorkter Loveless
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -10

« Reply #167 on: April 19, 2015, 06:34:02 AM »

I just read through the previous posts and I have two things I strongly agree with:

Shorter extenders: help add just a few inches or so to the handle length to help customize staff lengths and make one handed sabers two handed.

LE and CE variants for both the extenders/couplers and the "build your own" options so the emitters, pommels etc. would also apply to above suggestion.

I'd like to add one more suggestion:

take the triple window piece from the US "Scorpion" and make it MHS Compatible. you could also make SE LE and CE variants as well as slimer versions. personally if I had a LE version with 3 windows on both sides (so you could see straight through it without a blade in) I'd like nothing more then to put it on the "Dark Shock" body with a consular emitter and a guardian pommel... I think I'm drooling, anyway, I think it adds a perfect spot for the "Focus lens/crystal chamber" (however you want to look at it).
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 06:59:31 AM by Dorkter Loveless » Logged

one saber Sad ... for now. Guardian, GB blade and AB FoC

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #168 on: April 19, 2015, 03:54:45 PM »

I just came up with a huge one for me.

Mr. Emory- please!!! - we really need Nickel-plated activation box pieces for the Chosen One and (especially) the Graflex!!!

I would really love to save up and make the Graflex CE my next UltraSaber- but I just can't.  Because the activation box is high polish silver (aluminum) and for the lack of a better term at the moment- I'm very OCD about details like that on a Collector's piece such as the Graflex CE; it would bother me endlessly and I'm paying too much money for that to happen.  I just don't like the look of the Nickel shaft with the aluminum box ring wrapped around.  It just - stands out as not really finished. 

I don't mind the Chosen One as much because you have a Black Anodized option - that works for me.  But no Nickel is a dealbreaker for me on the Graflex CE.

I can't be the only one.  Right?   Undecided

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Cinci
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #169 on: April 20, 2015, 12:10:36 AM »

How about the option to ditch a blade and buy a hilt only? I know you can do that for the grab bags so why not the rest of the hilts? Maybe £9 off or something? I've not checked how much a blade is on its own...

Just a thought Smiley

I would agree that a blade-less option would be benefitial to a few repeat customers such as myself, even if it's only a couple bucks off the price or shipping.  I display the hilts by themselves and only whip out one or two blades when I'm doing a con or something of the nature.  I have 7 ultrasabers so far, and only 2 of those blades are downstairs in a drawer to be pulled out for special occassions while the other 5 are in storage in the attic, get zero use, and may even get lost or tossed as the months and years roll by.

I realize that the blades are significantly cheaper when coming with the full package, same with plugs and other accessories, but if they have absolutely no use to certain repeat customers, why not save them a couple bucks even if it's in shipping.  We all know those couple bucks are just going to go towards more sabers or upgrades to ones we will get anyways.  I guess we should probably confirm that a smaller "shoebox" sized box would be cheaper to send out than the long standard package we all recognize.

JinhamKlyean
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 38

Light-side points preferred.

« Reply #170 on: April 20, 2015, 12:49:47 AM »

Carbon fiber stunt blades for if we just want to mess around with some choreo work? Would be awesome or sure

I was thinking this just a few days ago. Therefore, have a point. Because you have a point! Ha ha.

Dark Sentinel v4 (CGreen, UEHG).
Proud member of Indy Lightsaber Academy!

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #171 on: April 20, 2015, 01:02:17 AM »

You can find CF blades out there if you really want one.  They're not cheap of course.

If you don't want to bang up your good Blades - it would be far more cost effective to just buy some plain polycarbonate tubing - without the film & cap its dirt cheap.  Though I assume you are looking for really light weight with high tensile strength . . .

I would agree that a blade-less option would be benefitial to a few repeat customers such as myself, even if it's only a couple bucks off the price or shipping.  I display the hilts by themselves and only whip out one or two blades when I'm doing a con or something of the nature.  I have 7 ultrasabers so far, and only 2 of those blades are downstairs in a drawer to be pulled out for special occassions while the other 5 are in storage in the attic, get zero use, and may even get lost or tossed as the months and years roll by.

I realize that the blades are significantly cheaper when coming with the full package, same with plugs and other accessories, but if they have absolutely no use to certain repeat customers, why not save them a couple bucks even if it's in shipping.  We all know those couple bucks are just going to go towards more sabers or upgrades to ones we will get anyways.  I guess we should probably confirm that a smaller "shoebox" sized box would be cheaper to send out than the long standard package we all recognize.

Fair point!  I was actually just thinking I'd start displaying just the Hilts - though I do like to actually use my blades a lot for practice - and the much smaller size would reduce shipping on the box.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #172 on: April 20, 2015, 12:00:23 PM »

Am I the only one who wants a mantis that isnt curved? The bent shape doesnt do it for me.

and I know it's been mentioned, but I really want a quick disconnect coupler. I'm getting quick at exchanging a coupler for two pommels but I'd love to be able to swap back n forth more instantly when I want.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #173 on: April 20, 2015, 01:31:29 PM »

Am I the only one who wants a mantis that isnt curved? The bent shape doesnt do it for me.

and I know it's been mentioned, but I really want a quick disconnect coupler. I'm getting quick at exchanging a coupler for two pommels but I'd love to be able to swap back n forth more instantly when I want.

I've had this thought as well. An uncurved Mantis variant would look pretty awesome. I would like them to do something like  putting a long sweeping bend in like an SI, but make a recharge port manditory. Another saber smith (who shall remain nameless) does this type of thing with his curved hilts.

take the triple window piece from the US "Scorpion" and make it MHS Compatible.

Are you mad?!? The Scorp already weighs a ton. MHS parts are just going to add more metal for the threads, instead of it just being part of the shroud. However on the Scorp options note, I would love to see a saber made with the same milling as the Scorp's underlayer, with the diagonal grid. Should make for excellent grippage.

But on the other other notes, you have my full backing of more finish options. Now y'all screaming for color options, be well prepared to pay for what you want.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Dorkter Loveless
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2015, 04:26:55 AM »

Are you mad?!? The Scorp already weighs a ton. MHS parts are just going to add more metal for the threads, instead of it just being part of the shroud. However on the Scorp options note, I would love to see a saber made with the same milling as the Scorp's underlayer, with the diagonal grid. Should make for excellent grippage.

But on the other other notes, you have my full backing of more finish options. Now y'all screaming for color options, be well prepared to pay for what you want.

To be clear, what I want is a windowed chamber that you can add to any saber. I do not intend to add any more windows/weight to the scorpion, US has already done aces with that. adding the threads to that would hardly impact the weight of that saber, just saying. while I realize why some people are attracted to claw(s) and flanged emitter(s) on the scorpion it is not my cup of tea in any way, shape or form. but I love the windowed look and I think it would be nice to have the option to add a windowed chamber to any MHS emitter compatible saber (especially a staff weapon).
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 04:31:14 AM by Dorkter Loveless » Logged

Copperhamster
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 14

Look sir, Droids!

« Reply #175 on: April 21, 2015, 01:25:20 PM »

You can find CF blades out there if you really want one.  They're not cheap of course.

If you don't want to bang up your good Blades - it would be far more cost effective to just buy some plain polycarbonate tubing - without the film & cap its dirt cheap.  Though I assume you are looking for really light weight with high tensile strength . . .
There are even cheaper things for 1" OD whacking blades. I have a hilt I pulled all the electronics out of to transplant to a new one, I 'redid' it with an old broom handle. The kid I gave it to painted a very nice lightsaber blade effect on it.

Sabers:
E-Series Aggressor, CG
E-Series Aggressor, FO
E-Series Steel Standard Issue, AS (parts stripped)
Customized Initiate V2, AS (internals from SSI + regulator and Li-ion)
2 Dominix V2 RGB w/Coupler

Remember, the saber and jedi exist to serve the force, but only one can serve the force without the other.
(LS Please)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2015, 01:37:31 PM »

To be clear, what I want is a windowed chamber that you can add to any saber. I do not intend to add any more windows/weight to the scorpion, US has already done aces with that. adding the threads to that would hardly impact the weight of that saber, just saying. while I realize why some people are attracted to claw(s) and flanged emitter(s) on the scorpion it is not my cup of tea in any way, shape or form. but I love the windowed look and I think it would be nice to have the option to add a windowed chamber to any MHS emitter compatible saber (especially a staff weapon).

I think I see what you're saying. What I assumed you were saying, was to modify the Scorp's construction to accommodate new MHS capabilities. Yes the added theads would add weight, but the Scorp is already so heavy, it would barely be noticed. I had a similar hope, when I purchased mine, that there were more parts to it. May I suggest that you try to draw up some concept sketches and submit to Emory for consideration. I can't take credit, but I had kicked the suggestion a while ago to crossover the Omen body to be used as a SW lightsaber, and now it is the body of the new Flamberge V2. Periodically they do take customer suggestions to heart.

Who agrees that an Azure Scorpion would look sweeeeeettt?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 02:06:53 PM by Darth Logos » Logged

Sig by For Tyeth

Dorkter Loveless
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2015, 11:33:25 PM »

I think I see what you're saying. What I assumed you were saying, was to modify the Scorp's construction to accommodate new MHS capabilities. Yes the added theads would add weight, but the Scorp is already so heavy, it would barely be noticed. I had a similar hope, when I purchased mine, that there were more parts to it. May I suggest that you try to draw up some concept sketches and submit to Emory for consideration. I can't take credit, but I had kicked the suggestion a while ago to crossover the Omen body to be used as a SW lightsaber, and now it is the body of the new Flamberge V2. Periodically they do take customer suggestions to heart.

Who agrees that an Azure Scorpion would look sweeeeeettt?

Oh I agree completely! I figured someone mentioned that by now, I've been waiting to see if an azure scorpion comes out.

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2015, 11:59:04 PM »

Sorry if this one was already posted at some point - but would anyone else be interested in an option for Black AV switches?

I'm thinking about doing an Emerald & Obsidian v4 Dominix at some point - and I'd really prefer one of these on there versus a silver one.

Dorkter Loveless
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #179 on: April 22, 2015, 05:50:32 AM »

Sorry if this one was already posted at some point - but would anyone else be interested in an option for Black AV switches?

I'm thinking about doing an Emerald & Obsidian v4 Dominix at some point - and I'd really prefer one of these on there versus a silver one.

I'd love one on the dark shock I almost have enough for!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: