Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 101   Go Down
Author Topic: The Spin Zone: Demos/performances  (Read 470477 times)
Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 155

« Reply #1350 on: March 20, 2020, 07:50:07 PM »

I know it's not a saber, but I'm hoping I'll have some shows once this virus stuff clears up so I'm working my fire props this week.  Gotta stay sharp!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKim0cwiyEA#

I'm still trying to get this one down, I don't think I can pull this one off on a lightsaber without some modifications.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IItebYtnFiY#

Wow you make this look so easy!!

finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -36

« Reply #1351 on: March 20, 2020, 08:04:18 PM »

Wow you make this look so easy!!
oh the firespinning props are a bit easier for that stuff(don't get me wrong, he does make it look easy). Contact weighted stuff is the bees knees.
Also, great stuff sam! I'm planning on doing a fire video this next week my own self.

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Teddy Roosevelt

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #1352 on: March 20, 2020, 08:36:32 PM »

oh the firespinning props are a bit easier for that stuff(don't get me wrong, he does make it look easy). Contact weighted stuff is the bees knees.
Also, great stuff sam! I'm planning on doing a fire video this next week my own self.

You know I'm really middle of the road (in my opinion) with the contact stuff.  I think what I'm REALLY good at is doing contact moves on things that aren't made for it!

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #1353 on: March 20, 2020, 08:59:45 PM »

You know I'm really middle of the road (in my opinion) with the contact stuff.  I think what I'm REALLY good at is doing contact moves on things that aren't made for it!

you make the firestick float like it's light as a feather!  super impressive and makes me realize I should work on smoothness in addition to speed

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #1354 on: March 20, 2020, 09:09:10 PM »

you make the firestick float like it's light as a feather!  super impressive and makes me realize I should work on smoothness in addition to speed
I just put 2 staff movement drills in the tutorial thread that are relevant to your interests

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1355 on: March 20, 2020, 09:53:38 PM »

I don't think that you give yourself enough credit, Sam.

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #1356 on: March 20, 2020, 10:12:32 PM »

I just put 2 staff movement drills in the tutorial thread that are relevant to your interests

going there now... thanks in advance!

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #1357 on: March 20, 2020, 11:54:48 PM »

I don't think that you give yourself enough credit, Sam.
Now I know what he's talking about in that he is probably friends with and/or has spun with people that are technically better at least, however I think Sam has that stage quality presence and he has drilled his basics so hard that he's able to do contact stuff with lightsabers that have not been designed for contact stuff. So yes, I think he's selling himself short too.

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #1358 on: March 21, 2020, 01:54:42 AM »

Now I know what he's talking about in that he is probably friends with and/or has spun with people that are technically better at least, however I think Sam has that stage quality presence and he has drilled his basics so hard that he's able to do contact stuff with lightsabers that have not been designed for contact stuff. So yes, I think he's selling himself short too.

Yes, something like that.  Admittedly I've not got the experience some people have with these kinds of techniques, but I learn fast. 

Unfortunately I don't actually enjoy doing the contact stuff all that much.  But that seems to be the stuff people want to see.

I've said it plenty of times before, I can hit you with a perfect Darth Maul routine Ray Park himself would do if ya hand him a saber.  I don't feel like that gets over with the crowd like the contact stuff does.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #1359 on: March 21, 2020, 08:47:51 AM »

You make this look so smooth Sam!
Thanks for sharing, great moves.

Update:
always fun to write a reaction and then learning that there has been a whole unread threat after that you haven't noticed.

Quote:
 I think what I'm REALLY good at is doing contact moves on things that aren't made for it!

Do you mean lightsabers? Or do you actually do contact moves with stuff that's lying around?

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #1360 on: March 21, 2020, 02:04:06 PM »

A lightsaber, a hobby horse, a broom, anything with enough handle to try it.  I learned on off balance objects lol.

finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #1361 on: March 21, 2020, 04:09:37 PM »

Yes, something like that.  Admittedly I've not got the experience some people have with these kinds of techniques, but I learn fast. 

Unfortunately I don't actually enjoy doing the contact stuff all that much.  But that seems to be the stuff people want to see.

I've said it plenty of times before, I can hit you with a perfect Darth Maul routine Ray Park himself would do if ya hand him a saber.  I don't feel like that gets over with the crowd like the contact stuff does.
I totally understand. Half of my actual staff and staff fighting knowledge has so much rust on it I'm gonna need to actually go to class again(after this sequestering is over).  I'm lucky in that contact just makes sense for me, and it's part of why I went and learned dragon staff too.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #1362 on: March 24, 2020, 07:58:47 PM »

Nothing fancy, but had fun with the kids.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUPWuF7cb6o" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUPWuF7cb6o</a>

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #1363 on: March 25, 2020, 03:38:14 AM »

I see the small tosses being added in!
Looking good Tai.
I will be loading a double levisaber video on the morrow, but I put my phone somewhere and it is on Do Not Disturb until the morning. I did get a single levisaber video up. And I have  something to say that Sam touched on recently. I can do many more moves and have so much more variety with a single levisaber than a double, and because of that I am having more fun with the single levisaber, but everyone loves the shinier thing even though I can do less things with it.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wErRGv9BcCU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wErRGv9BcCU</a>

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #1364 on: March 25, 2020, 07:31:56 AM »

Looks great Finlay. I get the point about shiny things. Btw did you loose the beard a few days back? Or am I seeing things?

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 101   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: