Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian v4 Mac Launcher - SIGNED & UPDATED 03-18-2020  (Read 86790 times)
Tripper
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2019, 02:07:08 PM »

The 64 bit version is running just fine on my MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) with Catalina. It's an i7 quad core with 16GB of DDR3 and a Samsung EVO 850 1TB.

That looks like a security error for an unsigned application, macOS has been cracking down on those, so check the General tab in Security & Privacy under System Preferences right after you try to run the program. If it's that you'll see something asking if you want to run UltraSabersLauncher_OfflineInstaller even though it's from an unsigned developer. You'll have to be an administrator on your Mac to do this.  Also, do the Mac equivalent of a right click on the file and see what the permissions are. Make sure you have read/write selected.

Good luck!

Tripper - Archon v3 with Obsidian v4 board, TRI Guardian Blue, and Manticore emitter.

Darth Gargamel
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2019, 05:21:14 AM »

Catalina on a 2017 iMac with 32 GB ram. Administrator, read and write. Still won't open. The Security & Privacy preferences pane never registers an attempt to open an app. Has anyone else had any luck with this yet?

regexpert
Force Sensitive

« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2019, 06:30:41 AM »

If you extracted the ZIP file in your Downloads directory... Open Terminal (Utilities -> Terminal). Then start typing!
Code:
cd ~/Downloads
cd UltraSabersLauncher_OfflineInstaller.app/Contents/MacOS
chmod 755 UltraSabersLauncher_OfflineInstaller
ls -l

After that you should see something like this:
Code:
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 jwalter  staff  29434820 Sep 27 17:55 UltraSabersLauncher_OfflineInstaller

The important part is the "-rwxr-xr-x" at the beginning of the line. Provided that's there you can now open the application from Finder.

This is what it looks like on my terminal:

For the devs: ZIP files don't always store UNIX permissions correctly. A better alternative would be to use tar with gzip a la UltraSabersLauncher_OfflineInstallerV250.app.tar.gz.

Update: I got it to install, but the board is not picked up with my USB C to USB A converter. I have a multi-function Thunderbolt adapter I can grab tomorrow to try.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2019, 04:30:39 PM »

Here are the official instructions from RSX Engineering.  This was posted in the MAC: Ultrasabers Launcher with Diamond Controller UPDATED 10-02-2019 thread.

Big news!!!!  I got the Mac Installer to work!  RSX_Engineering worked with me and tracked down the issue, and gave me these instructions to share here:

===============================================

Instructions for running the 'UltraSabers Launcher for Mac'

Current workaround to run unsigned app on macOS 10.15, assuming the app is downloaded&un-zipped in Downloads/UltraSabersLauncher_OfflineInstaller.app:

1. Open terminal
2. Type&run: sudo spctl --master-disable
3. Open System Preferences -> Security & Privacy, check that Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere is selected (click on the lock to make sure)
4. Type&run: chmod -R +x Downloads/UltraSabersLauncher_OfflineInstaller.app
5. Run the offline installer from the finder (Open the app with right-click/control-click>Open and install the app wherever you want);  run the UltraSabersLauncher app after (from the location you installed the app)
6. Type&run: sudo spctl --master-enable

Notes:
- 2: Activates the "Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere" in the interface (deactivates the Gatekeeper security)
- 4: Makes the app executable (macOS disables the execute flag of the executable), please make sure you enter the correct path to the installer
- 6: Re-activates the Gatekeeper security (Allow apps downloaded from: App Store and identified developers)

Like I said, this worked for me, so give it a shot!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

regexpert
Force Sensitive

« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2019, 11:02:45 AM »

Making everything executable in the application is terrible security practice. The only thing that needs to be executable is the actual executable binary.

crazy4softball14
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2019, 03:16:12 AM »

I am having similar issues with Mac Catalina Sad
Hopefully there is an update soon. Would like to mess around with my Diamond saber this weekend.

A little light, and a little dark

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2019, 06:06:51 PM »

I am having similar issues with Mac Catalina Sad
Hopefully there is an update soon. Would like to mess around with my Diamond saber this weekend.
If you follow the directions from the developers that I posted above, it should work for you, just like it did for me.  If you’d prefer to follow the directions posted by user “regexpert” instead, I bet that would work, too.

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Tripper
Force Sensitive

« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2019, 02:43:06 PM »

I didn't have to do any command line chmods to any of the files except the sound fonts to get it to work. At the top is the launcher folder and below it are two Mac applications, iPhoto and iMovie, all three have the same permissions, drwxr-xr-x. The only difference is the @ at the end of the permissions, something that's on every MacOS system app. The only place the permissions are blown all the way out is the Sounds directory, which was needed to get the app to read the files. I did that because nobody uploads the sound fonts with any standard permissions.

You only need to change permissions using Finder's Get Info menu to get the executables to run. Until issues with the sound fonts, I never had to open the terminal.

Tripper - Archon v3 with Obsidian v4 board, TRI Guardian Blue, and Manticore emitter.

Darth Renov
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -16

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1015140418

« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2019, 12:44:43 AM »

Tried both approaches, no love. Would appreciate a proper updated program. Very unhappy.

I sense a disturbance in the forums...

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2019, 04:03:40 AM »

Tried both approaches, no love. Would appreciate a proper updated program. Very unhappy.

Maybe if you send a polite PM to RSX Engineering, you’ll get some help.

Kendawg0205
Force Sensitive

« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2020, 10:05:50 PM »

After downloading, it still wont open. On MacOS catalina 10.15.2

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2020, 11:34:37 PM »

After downloading, it still wont open. On MacOS catalina 10.15.2

If you follow these instructions (copied from above), then it should work.  These are the exact instructions I received directly from RSX Engineering, the developers of the software.

If you try this and it STILL doesn’t work, then PM user RSX_Engineering and see if they can help you.

Big news!!!!  I got the Mac Installer to work!  RSX_Engineering worked with me and tracked down the issue, and gave me these instructions to share here:

[size=12]Instructions for running the 'UltraSabers Launcher for Mac'[/size]

Current workaround to run unsigned app on macOS 10.15, assuming the app is downloaded&un-zipped in Downloads/UltraSabersLauncher_OfflineInstaller.app:

1. Open terminal
2. Type&run: sudo spctl --master-disable
3. Open System Preferences -> Security & Privacy, check that Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere is selected (click on the lock to make sure)
4. Type&run: chmod -R +x Downloads/UltraSabersLauncher_OfflineInstaller.app
5. Run the offline installer from the finder (Open the app with right-click/control-click>Open and install the app wherever you want);  run the UltraSabersLauncher app after (from the location you installed the app)
6. Type&run: sudo spctl --master-enable

Notes:
- 2: Activates the "Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere" in the interface (deactivates the Gatekeeper security)
- 4: Makes the app executable (macOS disables the execute flag of the executable), please make sure you enter the correct path to the installer
- 6: Re-activates the Gatekeeper security (Allow apps downloaded from: App Store and identified developers)

Like I said, this worked for me, so give it a shot!

NitTheGrit
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2020, 10:09:15 PM »

I'm running 10.11.6 (El Capitan) of MacOSX and I'm able to download the launcher ok, but app never launches. It just dies in the background as soon as you attempt to launch it.

crazy4softball14
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2020, 03:45:25 AM »

Hey Guys, so I have been trying and trying to get the new launcher to work with my Mac, but when I go to download it, it just says: https://imgur.com/a/oL0lloR
"Ultrasabers)Launcher" cannot be opened
This also shows up: "macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.

Safari downloaded this file today at 7:27 PM from b8bd7d77e9c0cbf073ed-edd4740d8ff3cf460577b5a11ac61733.ssl.cf5.rackcdn.com." And when I tried following Cyclops942's terminal commands, I don't have the option to select "Allow apps downloaded from anywhere". All I have is 1) download apps from the download store, and 2) download apps from the apple store and trusted developers.
I have tried running the terminal commands, but no dice. Any one else have any advice?

A little light, and a little dark

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2020, 11:02:50 PM »

As I have mentioned several times in this thread, try sending a polite PM to user RSX_Engineering, who wrote the software.  If you’ve already done that, then I apologize, but you did not say exactly what you had and had not tried.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: