Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Blade Weight?  (Read 577 times)
DarthKahn27
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« on: May 19, 2015, 02:31:35 AM »

What's the weight between the Midweight, Ultraedge, and heavy grade blades?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 02:11:01 PM »

There is no difference in weight between the Mid-grade and the UltraEdge. The only difference is that the standard blades (both Mid and Heavy grades) are made with a clear polymer and the UltraEdge blades are made with a translucent white polymer. The UE is called that because it better produces blade color all the way to the "edge" of the blade tube where it meets the tip. Emory likes to use the standard blades in the demo videos. They have a distinct silver color.

So to answer your question on weights...

The Mid-grades (standard & UltraEdge) are very lightweight. I don't think you'll be able to find a better simulation of a "weightless" blade that you can actually fight with.

The Heavy grades (standard & UE) are about 2-3 times thicker than the mids, and naturally are 2-3 times heavier. This weight increase will seriously affect how the saber handles as well as how much punishment it can take. Unlike the mids, the heavies can take an astonishing beating and keep going.

I hope this answers your question.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

JinhamKlyean
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 38

Light-side points preferred.

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 02:14:07 PM »

There is no difference in weight between the Mid-grade and the UltraEdge. The only difference is that the standard blades (both Mid and Heavy grades) are made with a clear polymer and the UltraEdge blades are made with a translucent white polymer. The UE is called that because it better produces blade color all the way to the "edge" of the blade tube where it meets the tip. Emory likes to use the standard blades in the demo videos. They have a distinct silver color.

So to answer your question on weights...

The Mid-grades (standard & UltraEdge) are very lightweight. I don't think you'll be able to find a better simulation of a "weightless" blade that you can actually fight with.

The Heavy grades (standard & UE) are about 2-3 times thicker than the mids, and naturally are 2-3 times heavier. This weight increase will seriously affect how the saber handles as well as how much punishment it can take. Unlike the mids, the heavies can take an astonishing beating and keep going.

I hope this answers your question.

An excellent summary, well deserving of a point IMHO.

Dark Sentinel v4 (CGreen, UEHG).
Proud member of Indy Lightsaber Academy!

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 06:38:52 PM »

For more detailed information read this: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=18962.0 Cheesy

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: