Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Author Topic: the Other LEGO thread  (Read 29548 times)
Inzane
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 30

Light side points please.

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2015, 01:31:59 AM »

This was one of the sets way back in the late 70's, early 80's that helped form my love of lego, set 497.....  Smiley

That right there was the centerpiece of my childhood collection.   I still have mine complete today.

Aeon v3 (BR, 32" MG)
Dominix LE v4 w/ sound (SRD w/ AB FoC, 32" UE)
Dark Initiate LE v3 (BR, 24" UE)
Initiate LE v3 (GB, 24" UE)

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2015, 04:10:18 AM »

Here is some of the work the kids and I did tonight.
I think this Foot Clan is in serious trouble.  We have all four turtles but at the moment only Raph knows where Raph is.

Not sure if too many people have seen the General Grievous mini fig so BAM here he is!  And ohhhhhh, who is this standing up to him?

And you recognize this don't you?  Yes, Pre Vizsla's ancient darksaber from the Old Republic. Cheesy

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 12:45:01 PM »

This was one of the sets way back in the late 70's, early 80's that helped form my love of lego, set 497.....  Smiley

HFS, dude. You're are really showing your age. Every set I ever owned had a minimum of a 4 digit model number. And now they're into the 5 digit numbers.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

JinhamKlyean
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 38

Light-side points preferred.

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2015, 04:00:17 PM »

*ahem*

"Spaceship!!"

Sorry, had to be done. Carry on.

Dark Sentinel v4 (CGreen, UEHG).
Proud member of Indy Lightsaber Academy!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2015, 04:28:53 PM »

Don't even worry about it. When I first saw Benny in the trailers, with his busted chin guard on the helmet, that's what told me that these characters are the product of a little boy's imagination, and that he was using "inherited" parts.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2015, 03:08:56 PM »

This was one of the sets way back in the late 70's, early 80's that helped form my love of lego, set 497.....  Smiley

Ooo! I have that landing pad and that bit of moon! I have two of those bits of moon, they are currently holding a pile of my SW mini figs Tongue

EDIT: curiosity made me go see if any of the instruction manuals still lived. I found these ones in the space Lego Smiley not as fancy as yours, but I have some triple digits as well Cheesy more triple digit sets in the city series, my bro had a lot of those plus a heap of road boards.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 03:21:22 PM by B1ondeange1 » Logged

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2015, 04:37:46 PM »

I don't remember having any specific kits, actually.  I DO remember getting a giant bucket of Legos and building random stuff with them, though.  I liked to make Lego animals in particular and Lego jungles for them to live in.  I also remember thinking the clear pieces were extra special for some reason and fighting over them with my cousin. 

I also remember having Lego Robotics, at least I THINK that was Lego?  Those were a real pain at the time, but still really cool.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2015, 02:06:04 PM »

When I was a Sr. in HS, I set about to build a functional AT-AT out of the Dacta sets that we had in Industrial Tech. Never got it to take an actual step, but it shuffled real good. I ran out of time, and couldn't tweek the power transmission. But I was never really into the Technic style stuff. I preferred to power my desings with imagination. Grin Roll Eyes

Sig by For Tyeth

Inzane
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 30

Light side points please.

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2015, 01:20:22 AM »

I also remember having Lego Robotics, at least I THINK that was Lego?  Those were a real pain at the time, but still really cool.

There was a toy called "Robotix" from the mid-80s.   It wasn't Lego and it didn't last very long.  Is that what you were thinking of?

Aeon v3 (BR, 32" MG)
Dominix LE v4 w/ sound (SRD w/ AB FoC, 32" UE)
Dark Initiate LE v3 (BR, 24" UE)
Initiate LE v3 (GB, 24" UE)

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2015, 05:40:27 AM »

Nah, it's not those.  These were later, like early 90's.  I had the Robotix as well, but these were definitely something different.  Like I said, can't remember who made them, but they sure looked like Legos.

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2015, 08:07:05 AM »

I am now impatiently waiting for the Dr. Who Lego sets.  According to BBC, they were in negotiation with Lego to make kits available last year.  So far nothing unless not yet selling in Canada.  Anyone have an update?  My brother used to have some basic Lego a long time ago that mainly made vehicles and some structures like a non electric ferris wheel.  Didn't Lego also make the ones with wooden sticks and blocks.  With round wooden wheels with a hole in the center to make the stick connections?  Sad but true... gotta start somewhere.  Undecided

Well, have a sneak peek here: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/59181
It seems it just takes (some) more time...

The other stuff at https://ideas.lego.com/ looks quite interesting, too...

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2015, 11:52:17 AM »

How about the Lego engineering that went into this!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ObE4_nMCjE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ObE4_nMCjE</a>

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2015, 05:27:16 PM »

Nah, it's not those.  These were later, like early 90's.  I had the Robotix as well, but these were definitely something different.  Like I said, can't remember who made them, but they sure looked like Legos.

You aren't thinking of the Lego Mindstorm are you? Robotics controller box that you could program with various motors and sensors and the likes?

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2018, 03:25:25 AM »

Going to necropost cause I just have to show off these custom minifigs I picked up at the con today (and there is no Star Wars character among them):

Even as cute minifigs, that is an imposing crew in my opinion.  Raven is for mom, Dr. Strange is for wife, Deadpool is for son, Punisher and Zoom are for me!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2018, 08:36:37 AM »

I made some Supernatural mini figs awhile back. Hell I'm not even sure where they are now.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: