Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Liberator Problem  (Read 2826 times)
kingcobra5352
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 10, 2011, 04:07:01 PM »

I already emailed shipping about this (I didn't know if that was the right email to send it to or not). I haven't heard anything back yet. I figured I could post the email here and maybe a moderator could point me in the right direction.

Hello,

I have two problems with the Liberator I received a few weeks ago, Order# 13003.

First, I was dueling with it last night the tip came off, we hunted for it but couldn't find it. This normally wouldn't be an issue but it actually broke off, not like my other two where they just popped out and I glued them back in. You can see the damage in the attached picture.

http://img815.imageshack.us/i/img0206q.jpg/

Second, after this happened I tried to take the blade out but, when I turned the wrench the wrench itself just turns and clicks inside of the screw. I tried other wrenches I found but they all do the same thing.

Is there anything you can do to help me with this? Any help with be much appreciated. 

Oz Drift3r
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 04:18:06 PM »

Dude your blade can be fixed but it might be a little shorter Smiley

- You need to purchase a blade tip from UltraSabers, i think they're in the parts section... Then very carefully cut your blade just below the lowest crack, I'd use a PVC Pipe cuter for this. Once the blade is cut the inner roll of Clear Cello will be poking out. Cut this nice and carefully with some scissors. then you should be right to glue your new blade tip in with some modelling glue from your local RC shop.

As for your blade retention screw.. it sounds like you were using the wrong size hex wrench. If the screw is totally.. well...... screwed then you may need to drill it out. and buy a new retention screw from your local hardware. But first i'd try using the correct size hex wrench.

Phantom V2 - RGB
Initiate V2 - Violet Amethyst
Liberator V2 - Under Construction

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 04:24:08 PM »

- You need to purchase a blade tip from UltraSabers, i think they're in the parts section... Then very carefully cut your blade just below the lowest crack, I'd use a PVC Pipe cuter for this. Once the blade is cut the inner roll of Clear Cello will be poking out. Cut this nice and carefully with some scissors. then you should be right to glue your new blade tip in with some modelling glue from your local RC shop.

As for your blade retention screw.. it sounds like you were using the wrong size hex wrench. If the screw is totally.. well...... screwed then you may need to drill it out. and buy a new retention screw from your local hardware. But first i'd try using the correct size hex wrench.

I was thinking the same thing, that sounds like the best course of action.

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegannt weapon, for a more...civilized age.

darth_nogg
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 09:06:14 PM »

Are there any other options for someone with very very limited tools? I heard using a rubber band to kind of grip the bolt so it can be taken out since it sounds like the OP has the same issue as me in one spot, a stripped hex screw. Idk, I'm waiting for a damned rubber band or steel wool or the grippy side of a sponge to pop up somewhere in this house to try it.

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 03:04:22 AM »

First try to take it out with a brand new allen wrench.  Often times the stripping is a combination of stripped screw and worn wrench.

If that doesn't work, take a small flat precision screwdriver, like the ones you can buy in a plastic case at the hardware store for a buck or two. One of the flat blades will be just a bit larger than the diameter of the socket on the screw.  Hammer it in with care until you get some grip and then uses pliers to turn the screwdriver.

Another trick is to use a metric allen wrench, choose the next size up and bang it in, most metric sizes are so close to SEA that it's an interference fit and will sometimes rebroach the head so it -can- be reused, not advised though.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: