Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: "The Exile" my custom Initiate V3  (Read 4911 times)
Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« on: June 28, 2015, 08:32:21 PM »

Hey guys, I've been working on another custom saber as an example of the work I'm willing to do for people.

I'd like to introduce you all to The Exile, my personal saber. The thought being this is a neglected saber used by an exiled Jedi, slight disrepair, but still functional.

Full Gallery of the saber with detail shots:

http://m.imgur.com/a/nyKi1

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 09:15:40 PM »

Once again, nice job!  As a side bar, I think etching some of the ancient symbols onto the hilt would look really cool and add an "authenticity" to the hilt.  Your efforts surely display your love of these wonderful implements!  Point!

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 09:22:27 PM »

Thanks!
Yeah, I've definitely thought about etching symbols into the hilts, but I need to get some basic sink tube to practice on before I'd try it on an actual hilt.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Darth Groove

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 09:27:16 PM »

Thanks!
Yeah, I've definitely thought about etching symbols into the hilts, but I need to get some basic sink tube to practice on before I'd try it on an actual hilt.

Absolutely!  "Prep" is 75% of the task!  I look forward to it.  Pending on your outcome on the scrolling, I may utilize your services.  Keep it coming, brother.  I always look for your posts.  You know, I'm a bit of an Artisan, myself. ( build military rifles). It is easy for me to appreciate other Artisan craft!  MTFBWYA!

ARSENAL
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 09:37:01 PM »

Absolutely!  "Prep" is 75% of the task!  I look forward to it.  Pending on your outcome on the scrolling, I may utilize your services.  Keep it coming, brother.  I always look for your posts.  You know, I'm a bit of an Artisan, myself. ( build military rifles). It is easy for me to appreciate other Artisan craft!  MTFBWYA!

If I'm able to create designs I'm happy with you'll definitely see pictures of it in the future.
Sounds to me like you need to make some blasters and shows them off aha.
MTFBWY.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 10:21:51 PM »

Hey guys, I've been working on another custom saber as an example of the work I'm willing to do for people.

I'd like to introduce you all to The Exile, my personal saber. The thought being this is a neglected saber used by an exiled Jedi, slight disrepair, but still functional.

Full Gallery of the saber with detail shots:

http://m.imgur.com/a/nyKi1

That is rather nicely done.  I do like that one quite a bit.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 10:24:05 PM »

That is rather nicely done.  I do like that one quite a bit.

Thanks!
I think I've mastered my heavy weathering technique, in the next couple weeks I'll have a more lightly weathered hilt done. These things are just silly fun to work on.
 Tongue

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 12:03:47 AM »

OK my friend - here's how much I appreciate your work and support your endeavor.

I'm "Giving" you one of my secret custom projects because I think it would be way better with one of your weathered hilts since these are the most Ancient of all Lightsabers.

You familiar with the very first Lightsabers ever (in the Star Wars history)?

They were attached to Battery Packs worn on the Belt.

I was thinking it would be awesome to make one of these with an RGB LED unit for the Blade attached to this RGB Controller which would be built into the Battery Pack you'd wear on your Belt.

That would allow you to manually tune the color of your Lightsaber in real time with the knobs.

This would be a Stunt Saber Only setup so no sound or FOC, but it would still be totally awesome.

So - there you go!

Now let's see it with a really awesome UltraSaber as the basis for it.  Wink

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 12:17:17 AM »

OK my friend - here's how much I appreciate your work and support your endeavor.

I'm "Giving" you one of my secret custom projects because I think it would be way better with one of your weathered hilts since these are the most Ancient of all Lightsabers.

You familiar with the very first Lightsabers ever (in the Star Wars history)?

They were attached to Battery Packs worn on the Belt.

I was thinking it would be awesome to make one of these with an RGB LED unit for the Blade attached to this RGB Controller which would be built into the Battery Pack you'd wear on your Belt.

That would allow you to manually tune the color of your Lightsaber in real time with the knobs.

This would be a Stunt Saber Only setup so no sound or FOC, but it would still be totally awesome.

So - there you go!

Now let's see it with a really awesome UltraSaber as the basis for it.  Wink

I'm certainly familiar with the first sabers.
I'm not quite sure how the RGB controller works, but it's a seriously cool idea.
I'm not sure I could do anything with the wiring involved, but working on a hilt to appear ancient and even the battery pack/controller is certainly something I could do - fun is an understatement.

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2015, 12:19:13 AM »

I'm certainly familiar with the first sabers.
I'm not quite sure how the RGB controller works, but it's a seriously cool idea.
I'm not sure I could do anything with the wiring involved, but working on a hilt to appear ancient and even the battery pack/controller is certainly something I could do - fun is an understatement.

Wiring is really easy - I can send you pics if you do it and tell you what to get.

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2015, 12:21:36 AM »

Wiring is really easy - I can send you pics if you do it and tell you what to get.

Pm me any information pertinent to it and I'll take a look at it when I'm home.
It certainly looks like something I'd enjoy doing.

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Darth Groove

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 12:32:36 AM »

How cool is that!?  I'm REALLY looking forward to this mod!  By the way, I'm currently working on a way to change sound and color, "on the fly"!  More to follow....... Cool

ARSENAL