Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 0.2 or 1.2 Recharge-Port + some other small battery-questions...  (Read 4412 times)
JoergH
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: July 02, 2015, 09:46:12 AM »

Hi there,

i have a few questions about the recharge-ports and i hope anybody can help me...:-)

1. Why should i buy the 0.2A Recharger if there is an 1.2A avalible? What is the downside of the 1.2A compared to the 0.2A?

2. If i order a 0.2A Recharge-Port, can i use the 1.2A-Charger too (because they are avalible in the Store seperatly)?

3. Can i turn the saber ON with the 1.2A-Charger connected but with no Battery in the Saber?

4. Is it right that i need 2 x 14500 Protected Lithium Ion Cell for the saber (with Emeraled and Soundboard) or is it just one (or 3 or what ever)?

Thanks for helping!
Joerg

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 01:54:23 PM »

Welcome to the forum.

Please look over and acknowledge the forums rules found here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=117.0

I don't know that much about the recharge ports and chargers so I will let someone else handle those questions.  As far as the batteries go, the Emerald and Obsidian equipped sabers require two 3.7v Li-Ion cells.  The 14500 mah cells are what Ultrasabers uses.  There are larger capacity batteries available elsewhere, but they are much bigger.  If you order a saber with Emerald or sound it comes with the two required batteries. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 04:03:49 PM »

Hello,

Molina already mentioned the rules thing, so I will skip that Wink

1) There is no real downside, except for the price. If you already want to get a Recharge Port, I'd always go for the port plus the 1.2A charger then.
2) Yes, the port is the same for the 0.2A and 1.2A chargers.
3) I never tried that so far, so I can't tell you. But hteoretically it should be possible.
4) Always 2 there are...not more, not less...a master and an apprentice - oops, sorry for that Grin But it's correct, you need exactly 2 of them.

(Btw: You don't happen to be from Germany? Your name sounds like that...)

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Caylem
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 18

Lightpoints please!

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 04:27:35 PM »

Well technically, a slow charge is better for a battery, thats what i've seen in my studies. But i dont think that the difference between .2 and 1.2 might not really affect the lifespan of the batteries lol.

Lightsabers:
                   Manticore CE V3sound (emerald)
                   The guardian V4sound (emerald) Nickel plated
                   Initiate LE V3 in CG
                   Azure Reaper V3 sound in GB
                   The Consular V4 sound in CG

JoergH
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 09:22:44 PM »

Thanks everybody for your answers!

@Racona Nova: Yes, i am from germany...:-)

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 04:38:34 PM »

Cool, me too Cheesy You can always send me a PM if you need answers and feel more comfortable talking in German Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: