Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Weapon of the Jedi Book and Snoke theory...  (Read 6149 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« on: September 16, 2015, 12:23:24 AM »

Now this a long shot born of insomnia...so I'm sure it can be easily countered by some who may have more knowledge, but here it goes.  I just got done reading The Weapon of the Jedi which is one of the new canon books....so SPOILERS AHEAD.

It takes place in between ANH and ESB.  It is written more for younger readers but I found it more interesting and enjoyable than the novels so far.  Of course these are supposed to have hints and clues to The Force Awakens.  It follows Luke being pulled towards some ruins on the planet Devaron.  A creature named Sarco Plank offers to take him but a local girl tells Luke none of his customers ever return and calls the creature "The Scavenger" to which the creature takes issue with.  Luke takes the risk.  From talking to the girl Luke knows these are the ruins of an old Jedi Temple and after dreaming about (what sounds like a description of Kit Fisto) luke knows a hidden way inside around the Imperial alarms.  Once inside Sarco decides to wait on Luke.  Luke, R2 and threepio explore the destroyed temple.  In the main antechamber statues of Jedi are all but gone and there is an immense hole leading below the temple.  Luke manages to use the Force to pull a lever out of reach and it opens a small alcove with training remotes.  For 2 days Luke trains and becomes adapt at facing three of the Jedi remotes.  Realizing not to try and control the force...but let IT guide him.  A Imperial Lieutenant and some Troopers find him and at that moment Sarco comes in as well...wielding an Electrostaff.   After Sarco and Luke defeat the Imperials Sarco turns on Luke.  Intending to kill or capture Luke for profit as well as the treasures under the temple.  Luke informs him the Jedi did not collect wealth like that.  Sarco taunts Luke about not being a Jedi by calling him "Nobodys Padawan".  They fight and Luke is thrown a bit off guard by the fact his saber is unable to cut the staff.  Luke is holding his own but after a cheap shot with a grenade luke was almost helpless.  But by staying calm and using the force he survived and the local animals came to his aid by pushing Sarco into the deep pit.  Luke, through the force, knows Sarco still lives and kicks the Staff down the hole.  He then swore he would rebuild the Order and come back to the Temple.        Now, I think Sarco maybe Snoke.  Here's all I have to go on.  Snoke is of course going to be mocap and here is what Sarco looks like.....

Then there is the name Scavenger that he dislikes.  One of Kylo Ren's quotes from the film is "Is it True?  You're just a Scavenger."    Again, just some rambling thoughts.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 12:36:44 AM »

This is very interesting. I assumed that the quote would be geared towards Rey, but this may change my previous thoughts. Did it say if this character was human?

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 12:54:14 AM »

This is very interesting. I assumed that the quote would be geared towards Rey, but this may change my previous thoughts. Did it say if this character was human?

Sorry, I wrote so fast I might have missed some info.  No he(it) isn't human.  They never said what he was but his face i just large Chitin Scales.

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 01:09:43 AM »

Very cool ideas...... Thanks for sharing about the book....... +1  Smiley

I couldn't help thinking the "ruins of an old Jedi Temple" could be related to the filming on Skellig Michael island http://www.starwars7news.com/2015/09/star-wars-episode-viii-filming-on-skellig-michael-day-1.html..... That location was used for Ep.VII and filming is currently underway for Ep.VIII..

I'm guessing Snoke will be a pivotal and very powerful character, mostly hidden and mysterious in Ep.VII with more to be revealed later on, just like the Emperor was in the OT...... The idea's of Snoke having a connection to Plageuis intrigues me, as others have said it would tie the whole 9 films together, but there are many problems with that...... Snoke is the Supreme Leader of the First Order so he should surely have wide reaching connections to be in that position of authority?...... Snoke is NOT Sith, but powerful in the Dark Side, what does that mean?......

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

darth tratus
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 01:11:36 AM »

Sorry, I wrote so fast I might have missed some info.  No he(it) isn't human.  They never said what he was but his face i just large Chitin Scales.

Then this can very well possibly be snoke. i had a feeling that Plagueis could maybe have some relation to snoke too, but Hopefully the new trailer can give us a lil something!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 01:20:17 AM »

Benicio Del Toro being cast as the villain for 8 is what got me wondering if Snoke will die in 7.  What if he wasn't some powerful force user...just smart.  But Del Toro maybe the leader of the Knights of Ren who is seeking vengeance against Kylo.... no evidence  just thoughts.

darth tratus
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 01:32:15 AM »

Benicio Del Toro being cast as the villain for 8 is what got me wondering if Snoke will die in 7.  What if he wasn't some powerful force user...just smart.  But Del Toro maybe the leader of the Knights of Ren who is seeking vengeance against Kylo.... no evidence  just thoughts.

what if kylo dies? jk jk

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 01:42:39 AM »

Apparently Sarco Plank is in Ep.VII, if you google the name there are images during filming..... and even a figurine.....  Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 02:14:12 AM »

Apparently Sarco Plank is in Ep.VII, if you google the name there are images during filming..... and even a figurine.....  Smiley

Well I'll be danged.  Then there goes that theory.  Oh well.

darth tratus
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 02:16:11 AM »

Guess im back to my plageuis theory  Cheesy

wargame_insomniac
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 48

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 02:18:15 PM »

When I saw Sarco I immediately thought crocodile so the Lizard scales idea did seem promising.  Oh well.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: