Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Soundboard 2.0 VS fire  (Read 825 times)
PhantomFonts
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

DVA Raven

« on: October 16, 2015, 10:03:47 PM »

I was switching the font on my ultrasaber and picked a font I made myself. I started the downloading proses and everything seemed fine. Then my USB suddenly disconnected and interrupted the download. Soon after my obsidian 2.0 soundboard started to spark and burn (such a terrible smell). Now I'm positive its broken and needs to be repaired (yay! I get obsidian V4).
I just want to know if the cause of damage was the interruption or my sound font I made.
Plz help I don't want to watch another soundboard suffer (and smell the terrible smell)

If you know how to make Lightsaber fonts please give me advise.

Antron007
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 35

Give light or dark points and let the force decide

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 04:16:45 AM »

I don't think it's technically possible for your sound font to cause such a thing. That's not to say that the board didn't fry because of a data transfer but the data itself would be irrelevant. It had to be the interruption. I have the V4 board and even it will disconnect if moved around too much but it's never happend to me during a data transfer.

Sorry to hear about your board but your font should be fine for your new one.

And if I'm wrong, someone will correct me.

Sabers I own: Customized Archon V3* (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with PYO, Currently set to GB; Customized Dark Initiate LE v4 (Stunt) CG; Apprentice V4 (Grab Bag w/ li-ion) BR; Graflex SE (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with GB, Currently set to GB; Menace SE* (DIY); TBD;

*Hilts I swap the electronics between.

Sabers/Hilts I want: Guardian, Chosen One SE, Consular, Dark Omen, the rest of them in no particular order.

"If you don't see me somewhere out there in the Galaxy slaying some form of evil, it's because I'm sneaking up on you right now." - Antron Mok

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 06:32:06 PM »

I'm not really an expert in custom sound things, but it's almost impossible for data to destroy electronic devices. The worst case that can happen is that the data input causes a never-ending command loop in the processor unit. Of course, if the device overheats because of thermal issues caused by that loop, then it can result in what you described, but that's quite unlikely in your case.

I suspect the interruption to have fried your board.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: