Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian Lite Soundboard  (Read 56525 times)
Zeram
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2016, 09:30:01 AM »

I ordered mine January 3rd and was told its been ready to ship since the 10th i sent them an email 5 days ago regarding the matter and was told they would restock this past wednesday.hopefully i get mine soon >_>

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2016, 06:34:29 PM »

Does anyone else have some current experience and opinions on the LITE version ?  The questions regarding the battery life with an add on of a lit av switch and/or FoC were not clearly answered.  How about the Tri-Cree with a lit av switch ?  Is there still ongoing problems with the batteries becoming displaced during use ?  Besides wrapping in electrical tape to solve popping out, which seems like a sticky mess, why is the velco band not securing the batteries ?  Smiley

Thanks LITE owners and please try to stay on topic as almost two pages had nothing to do with reviewing and discussing the LITE.  Roll Eyes  Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 07:05:18 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2016, 07:36:43 PM »

Well, I have an Obsidian Lite with a lit AV switch on standard setup in my Dominix V4 LE.  So far I haven't really noticed a big difference in battery endurance between it and its cousin, a stunt Aeon V4.  I haven't had it on for extended periods of time, however.  I tend to pop it on for a few minutes then off again.  I've been using the Stunt to work on forms, so I'll swap it out and see how it lasts through a 45-minute workout routine.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2016, 08:00:50 PM »

Thanks Karmack.  Will be most interested in finding out how the LITE fares in a longer steady workout that would include many swings and perhaps contact.   Smiley

Just received a PM from GregG124 which I will share a slightly shortened version.  Thanks for this info.   Smiley

" The Lite board with regular CG and a non illuminated AV switch gives me about an hour and half before flickering.  Also I would note that the Velcro strap doesn't fully secure the batteries because it cannot be tightened around the center of the pack.  The board takes up quite a bit of space and the Velcro has to sit underneath it.  Luckily I haven't had a problem with stickiness (yet) but I might switch over to using thin strips of duct tape. " 

MI5LED
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -18

The light and dark side both consume me

« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2016, 08:45:55 PM »

Would it work to use elastics to hold the batteries in (top and bottom) instead if using tape? It shouldn't cause any issue that I could think of but then again I've never tried either. It would eliminate the tape residue.

MI5LED
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -18

The light and dark side both consume me

« Reply #95 on: March 25, 2016, 03:01:22 PM »

I have recently received my obsidian light saber and the elastics might work but i thought of something i think would work even better.

Put a small amount of sticky tack ( because too much would raise the battery) behind the battery end that slides out. Should work like a charm.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Gamble
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -254

Evil Only Has One Face

« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2016, 04:26:55 AM »

My next saber will have the obsidian lite thinking the prophecy V3 so cost affordable if you can't get the more premium sound thanks ultra Sabers

Guardian CE W/Obsidian V4 - Guardian Blue
Prophecy V3 W/Obsidian Lite - Arctic Blue
Consular W/Obsidian V4 - Consular Green
Sentinel V4 W/Windows Stunt - Fire Orange

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: