Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: Was Rey using Form 2 (Makashi) when fighting Kylo Ren?  (Read 18356 times)
Connah
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light, Dark, both extremes annoy me

« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2016, 06:40:12 PM »

they've kept elements of the EU from before the films, Malachor V is mentioned in the imperial handbook and the events of the Mandalorian wars are in the bounty hunter guide, which are all cannon as far as I know

"there's no such thing as overkill. It's just making sure"

Dominix V4 VA with sound
Scorpion R+B Emerald with sound

Iram
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -292

Grey, leaning to the Dark Side

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2016, 09:18:30 PM »

I just always assumed Jawas were jumpy by nature, as well as from usually being up to sticky-fingered no good.
XD

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Overlord (BR) Old Reliable w/ Obsidian v4 
Crimson Scorpion (VA)  w/ Obsidian v3  [Second Prize, 2016 Spring Raffle (1st)]
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (CG) Viridi Ignis 
Graflex SE (Emerald) w/Obsidian v4 [Won -50% off coupon April 2017]
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2016, 09:20:54 PM »

they've kept elements of the EU from before the films, Malachor V is mentioned in the imperial handbook and the events of the Mandalorian wars are in the bounty hunter guide, which are all cannon as far as I know

Once again, time to ask Kham-Ryn Man if those reference books are classified under new canon.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Iram
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -292

Grey, leaning to the Dark Side

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2016, 09:24:53 PM »

I agree with the chicken and egg analogy. I just wonder how much Lucas used the OT to setup things for the prequels. For example, did he watch individual scenes and ask, "Why/how did that happen?" In this case, did he (or other writers) ask the questioms, "Why would those creatures react at the sight of the jedi?" If he was looking to fill the gap and answer those questions, then I think the massacre scene makes sense both in Anakin's turn to the dark side and connecting it to those scenes in ANH.  Again, we only see them reaction when Luke appears. I once heard an author say that when describing a scene, you don't mention the shotgun over the mantle unless someone takes it and blows someone else away with it.  That particular scene just seems too intentional of a cut, to me.
And that's the beautiful thing about the Prequels! It answers so many questions that arise when you watch the OT.

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Overlord (BR) Old Reliable w/ Obsidian v4 
Crimson Scorpion (VA)  w/ Obsidian v3  [Second Prize, 2016 Spring Raffle (1st)]
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (CG) Viridi Ignis 
Graflex SE (Emerald) w/Obsidian v4 [Won -50% off coupon April 2017]
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2016, 01:31:47 AM »

Once again, time to ask Kham-Ryn Man if those reference books are classified under new canon.

All of them are unfortunately labeled under the "Legends" classification.

However, there are things within that are still considered canon on their own.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2016, 10:11:01 PM »

All of them are unfortunately labeled under the "Legends" classification.

However, there are things within that are still considered canon on their own.

Let me guess. Anything that is a direct reference to material used in the movies or TCW?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

DarthVyral
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -23

Sith Lord. Dark Side Points wanted.

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2016, 07:55:37 PM »

Rey I think was just going on instinct. Just a "Hey. This is a lightsaber. Let me use it so I don't die." Kind of mentality. Although she looked composed and calm I am sure in her mind she was think "Oh crap. If I make one wrong move I am dead.

As for Kylo Ren I agree with everyone saying that he used a mixture of Form V and VII. Especially VII when he decimated Finn in mere seconds.

He used Form V in hopes of defending off against the lightsaber due to the surprise of Rey's better combat prowess then Finn. But he was mostly only using Form V because he was slowly getting weaker from his injury by the hands of Chewbacca. The only reason Kylo lost was due to losing blood from his previous injury and the surprise and shock of seeing that Rey was capable of wielding a lightsaber. Nothing more.

"The Jedi shall fall. The Republic will crumble. And I shall rule the Sith as the new Emperor of the Galaxy!" - Darth Vyral, Dark Lord of the Sith.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: