Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Bellicose Review.  (Read 2329 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« on: January 11, 2016, 03:38:19 PM »

My First ever Review of my new Bellicose....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3kYPKvYL6U&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3kYPKvYL6U&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

DarthDradeus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -64

With a title like Darth....dark side points please

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 04:04:43 PM »

Great review and great saber! I love my Bellicose in Blazing Red. The only difference I've found with mine is that I have to put the blade in further into the blade holder so there is about 1 cm of the blade coming out the bottom. The reason being that if I put the blade flush as you do with yours, the led will rattle around when spinning/dueling. Emory told me that the blade needs to go further down as it's typically designed to sit directly on the LED module to hold it in place. Anyway, again great review.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 04:17:52 PM »

Great review and great saber! I love my Bellicose in Blazing Red. The only difference I've found with mine is that I have to put the blade in further into the blade holder so there is about 1 cm of the blade coming out the bottom. The reason being that if I put the blade flush as you do with yours, the led will rattle around when spinning/dueling. Emory told me that the blade needs to go further down as it's typically designed to sit directly on the LED module to hold it in place. Anyway, again great review.

Thanks.  That is interesting about the Blade Holder..mine does fine Flush.  huh, guess the LED sits a little different.

Lev
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -139

An individual may die, but the Sith are eternal.

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 04:53:05 PM »

Nice review! A Bellicose is definitely on my list of hilts to buy in the future! +1 Dark side point  Grin

UltraSaber Collection
> Sentinel LE v4 - Consular Green - Stunt
> Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 - Custom Yellow/Orange - Stunt
> Consular - Sunrider Destiny - Obsidian v4
> Bellicose - Tri-cree Guardian Blue - Obsidian v4
> Archon 2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green - Obsidian v4
> Initiate LE v4 - Sunrider Destiny - Obsidian Lite
> Spring Raffle Prize 03/16 - Flamberge LE - 4ch Emerald - Obsidian v4

Lev4Dead YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdLfh4TpMkGTGh4PMukbTFg

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2033

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 08:28:58 PM »

Nice. Did they change the set screw type on the outer shroud for the blade holder?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

DarthXero
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -28

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 10:26:07 PM »

I just learned something new about the Bellicose from your review...

I'm a bit more tempted to pick one up now in the near future.
So many sabers to choose from...So little time Tongue

Beebo_8
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 20

I come as a bringer of light, not of shadow.

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 12:39:01 AM »

Very thorough review Tepes. Your video review reminds me of my own when I did a review of my Bellicose. Great minds think alike.

The Bellicose was my first (and currently only) saber hilt, and I love it; I couldn't agree more with your opinion, even though I use my saber to bring light, not darkness, as a Jedi.

Like Dradeus, I found inserting the blade into the holder about 1/4-inch past the holder will prevent LED module rattle for my hilt. From what I have learned from others on this site, a potential reason has to do with the body sizes required for a guarded switch versus an AV switch. Based on your switch type, perhaps a guarded switch means flush blade-to-holder ends, whereas an AV switch allows the LED to sit further in the hilt, creating the need to push the blade further into the holder. Food for thought.

Own: Bellicose w/ Arctic Blue, Archon 2.1 w/ Tri-Cree Consular Green
Wishlist: Graflex SE w/ Arctic Blue, Manticore Saber Staff w/ Tri-Cree Blazing Red

Light side points, cuz siths are emo.

xX FUNKYFLUMP
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 12:46:51 AM »

nice review dude. that is a gorgeous saber

jedi all the way. saber(s): apprentice le v4 consular green,

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 01:26:35 AM »

Very thorough review Tepes. Your video review reminds me of my own when I did a review of my Bellicose. Great minds think alike.

The Bellicose was my first (and currently only) saber hilt, and I love it; I couldn't agree more with your opinion, even though I use my saber to bring light, not darkness, as a Jedi.

Like Dradeus, I found inserting the blade into the holder about 1/4-inch past the holder will prevent LED module rattle for my hilt. From what I have learned from others on this site, a potential reason has to do with the body sizes required for a guarded switch versus an AV switch. Based on your switch type, perhaps a guarded switch means flush blade-to-holder ends, whereas an AV switch allows the LED to sit further in the hilt, creating the need to push the blade further into the holder. Food for thought.

Interesting point...I might have to see if I can convince the wife that I need another bellicose with an Av Switch...you know..for research..   Tongue

Bulvoy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 500

~Sipra Gehaz~ Rebel Legion "Ghost Base"

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 02:18:10 AM »

Nice posting for the beli, great point about the covertec wheel, its always just a matter of adjustment. Simple design, yeah, But Agreed, thats what i like about it too,

" why a sith would get green, cause im a Sith i can do what i want"   Hehe +1 just for that alone liked the vid.

UltraSaber's by bulvoy, on Flickr
Menace - Emerald V4s- RavenSS pommel
Manticore V4s-CG- S /FOC-Renegade small pommel
Crimson Scorpion- V4s-BR- O/FOC
Dominix V3s-SRD
Initiate V4 Lite- VA
            "Im here to chew bubblegum & kick ass, and I'm all outta bubblegum"...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: