Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: "how to" guide  (Read 8676 times)
Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 62

My spirit guide is the Cheshire Cat

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2016, 10:20:22 PM »

Another silly question.. what accessories do I need. I only have the blade. I dont care about sound just red led with basic battery set up.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11521.0

Dark Initiate v4 (4 channel Emerald w/ Obsidian v4)

Signature Made By: DarthScrub

findisaiah
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2016, 03:12:21 PM »

As you can see I am not the most technical person. What are all the pieces do I need if i have a blade and just want a red lightsaber with no sound?

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 62

My spirit guide is the Cheshire Cat

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2016, 04:22:29 PM »

As you can see I am not the most technical person. What are all the pieces do I need if i have a blade and just want a red lightsaber with no sound?

I am going to have to refer you to the technical forum and google search as well as youtube. you have a little research,  I can give you all the parts the same as someone could have given me a list when i asked months ago. truth is that unless I understand the theory i cant put it together.

Start with the anatomy of a saber.

breaking it down into sections, you have a pommel, a body and an emitter.  the pommel is the bottom of the hilt. the body is where most people grip a normal sword and the emitter is the part of a lightsaber that emits the beam of energy. in these models it holds the poly-carbonate blade in.
inside the hilt is the electronics, depeding on your build it can be as simple as a battery with a switch hooked up to a LED, or as complicated as being routed through circuitry.

Watch some videos, read some things and post what you have learned in the form of questions to things you need clarification on.

Dark Initiate v4 (4 channel Emerald w/ Obsidian v4)

Signature Made By: DarthScrub

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2016, 06:21:28 PM »

This thread might be of use
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=1231.0

findisaiah
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2016, 06:42:12 PM »

Thank you for the explaination. I understand alot more now. I was trying to figure out if I already a blade would it be cheaper to build one than to buy a whole new stunt saber. After research it looks like buying a start up stunt saber is more cost effective then building one even if i have the blade. Can you add sound later to a stunt saber?

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2016, 06:50:25 PM »

Thank you for the explaination. I understand alot more now. I was trying to figure out if I already a blade would it be cheaper to build one than to buy a whole new stunt saber. After research it looks like buying a start up stunt saber is more cost effective then building one even if i have the blade. Can you add sound later to a stunt saber?
you can add sound to stunt saber at a later date.

findisaiah
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2016, 08:16:05 PM »

Cool thanks for the help!!!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2016, 08:25:32 PM »

Cool thanks for the help!!!
You're welcome. We're here to help

GregG124
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 436

There is only The Force.

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2016, 11:41:09 PM »

You'd need a battery holder, a RED LED Unit, a latching guarded switch, an empty hilt, and plenty of skill with soldering.

OR

You'd need the hilt of your choice in stunt form in blazing red. (if you didn't want a blade I'd email Emory at [email protected])

The only thing about emailing is that you'd be waiting several days to hear back via email because the emails are very backed up at Ultrasabers.

Sabers I Own:
Dominix LE V4 (Obsidian V3) - Consular Green
Arbiter (Obsidian Lite) - Consular Green
Liberator V3 (Stunt) - Guardian Blue

Light Side Points Appreciated

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: