Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Initiate V4 - Overview/Review – ‘Forum Only’ Colour HP (Pic Heavy)  (Read 4127 times)
Johno5000
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 21

« on: February 15, 2016, 04:28:15 PM »

It has been a while since my last review/overview/post.  However, I now write another review due to a new purchase.  As well as this new Initiate V4 Stunt Saber, I do have another Saber on the way to me (I will post a separate review when this arrives) but the deal was; my Wife had to have her own Lightsaber before I could purchase another for myself.  A fair deal I thought?!?  Soooo…  After some discussions and ‘playing’ on the Ultrasabers website (and wielding some of the Sabers I already currently own) the Mrs decided that ‘simple, light-side and effective’ was the way forward for her.  Too this end she decided on having a stunt version of the Initiate V4; However; her Saber blade would have to be in her favourite colour; ‘hot pink’ (HP) - of course!!   Roll Eyes  Below are the details of the specifications selected.  Also included are few pictures as well as the notes and information that were requested when ordering.  I hope you like this and it helps:

Specifications:
• Back Order Notification:      Acknowledged
• Switch Colour Notification:      Acknowledged
• Blade LED Colour:         Violet Amethyst (see below)
• Battery Configuration:      Standard Set-up
• Recharge Port:         No Recharge Port
• Blade Option:         Ultra Edge Heavy Grade
• Blade Size:         Initiate 24" Blade
• Windows:         Yes Include Windows in Emitter
• Pommel:         Regular Solid Pommel (No Sound)
• Blade Tip:         Round Tip
• Include Retention Screw Wrench:   Sure!
• Include Blade Plug:      Yes, Include Standard Plug
• Include Saber Stand:      No Thanks
• Include Covertec Clip:      No Thanks
• Install Covertec Wheel:      No Thanks

The Saber is very well crafted and feels good when holding and wielding.  The window emitter is a great feature and allows the light from the blade to shine through brilliantly (looks awesome in the dark).  The hilt is 9.875” long and has a 24” short blade.  The switch was standard with a red button (which helps because it goes with the HP blade colour better than the standard blue switch *opinion*).  I was a little worried about ordering the blade in a ‘forum only colour’ due to some of the mixed reviews/results I have read.  However I can honestly say the HP definitely is HP!!!  The Mrs is extremely happy that she now feels like she can join in the duelling, wielding her own Saber in her favourite colour!!!  I have tried to capture the ‘true’ colour in the pictures below.  In summary; this is another great Saber that has been added to the collection and will sit well on display with the others (when we are not duelling with them that is)!

A Little bit of side information on this order - ‘Forum Only’ Colour ordering

Although Violet Amethyst is selected as default blade colour option (see above specifications), a request for the blade to be a ‘Forum Only Colour’ was made in the extra comments section (see below):  The colour requested for this Saber was; Forum Only Colour: Hot Pink (HP).  To help I will be re-posting information separately in; ‘”Forum colours and how to order them” on the forum to describe and show how to request a ‘Forum Only Colour’, with extra pictures.  In the mean time see the summary below on how the HP blade colour was requested:

1). When making your blade colour selection you must choose a ‘premium’ $5 colour (e.g. Violet Amethyst (VA), Sunrider’s Destiny (SRD) etc).
2). ‘Forum Only’ colours have an additional charge of $5.  Add $5 worth of ‘Requisition Charges’ to your order (from the Parts > Parts & Supplies section on the website).
3). After all selections have been completed and you are at the checkout page, before you actually ‘purchase’ your item(s); add your specific blade colour choice information in the small box labelled; ‘Order Comments’.  The Ultrasabers team will use these comments to create your Saber with the blade colour choice you request (see example of text below to help).

Notes added in options label: Johno5000 - Extra Information: I would like to request a Forum Only Colour for this Saber ordered; Hot Pink (HP) Initiate v4: Forum Only Colour wanted = HOT PINK (HP).
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 04:34:19 PM by Johno5000 » Logged

Light Side
Lighsabers
Aeon v3 BO (stunt)
Apprentice LE v4 CG (stunt)
Bellicose GB FoC AB Obsidian V4 Sound (Emerald)
Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 BR (stunt)
Dominix v2 BR (stunt)
Initiate v4 CG (stunt)
Initiate v4 HP (stunt)

THX1138
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 41

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 04:38:23 PM »

This is a great review. Very comprehensive and thought out.

Thanks for taking the time to write this it's simply awesome!!!

Johno5000
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 04:42:49 PM »

Hi THX1138 Smiley Thank you for the quick response and positive feedback, appreciated  Cool  I am glad you liked it.  Points for you!   Grin
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 04:49:34 PM by Johno5000 » Logged

Light Side
Lighsabers
Aeon v3 BO (stunt)
Dominix v2 BR (stunt)
Initiate v4 CG (stunt)
Initiate v4 HP (stunt)

Monoxide
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

Darkside

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 05:14:17 PM »

Nice Review! I just ordered two of these in the black hilts for my first sabers (Stunt Blazing Red). If I may ask when did you order/receive this saber? I emailed asking for an approx in stock time for this hilt and they said 8-15 weeks.

Phantom Initiate V4 Stunt in BR
Emperors Hand Diamond RGBW
Dark Apprentice V4 GB lite sound (mystery box)
Arbiter GB V3 sound (mystery box)
Fulcrum Emerald V3 sound RGBW (mystery box)

Johno5000
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 05:36:57 PM »

Hi Monoxide, thank you.  A good choice for stunt Sabers indeed!  There is a bit of a 'back-log'/delay due to really high demand (especially with the stunt Sabers) however the communication from Ultrasabers has been first-rate and the response time was not that bad at all.  I ordered mine on 26th January 2016 and received the Saber on 12th February 2016; so just over 2 weeks to place the order and receive the goods.  However I am more than happy with this because I initially believed I would have to wait waaaaay longer.  but, as usual Ultrasabers did what they do best; communicate and deliver!!  They are working through the orders as they are received, I am confident that the sooner they can get your Saber to you they will.  This is what hey did for me (as promised).  If you have any further concerns just send another e-mail to the team and they will update you on progress, I hope this helps/re-assures you.  It will be worth the wait either way I am certain.  Smiley

Light Side
Lighsabers
Aeon v3 BO (stunt)
Dominix v2 BR (stunt)
Initiate v4 CG (stunt)
Initiate v4 HP (stunt)

CrimzonNinja
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 06:09:42 PM »

very happy for you ....i ordered a prophecy v3 with a purple blade...but im seriously thinking of canceling...i tried contacting them but didn't get much a response and i was very civil and polite with my message you bitchy or complainy at all, so your lucky they responded to you. and everytime i see posts from certain people who haven't received there order since the 19th of January which have gone well over the 4 week mark. i'm just loosing all faith the more comments i see of people who's orders have exceeded the 4 week promise. 

Monoxide
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

Darkside

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 07:00:12 PM »

Thanks for the response, I'm fairly new here but from what I've seen this is the busiest they have been in UltraSabers history. I've always been on the fence on whether or not to order an UltraSaber. I usually don't spend this much on "toys" for myself, but I had went to the store the other night to pick up snacks and possibly a couple scratch tickets. Before I left I said to myself "it would be nice to score like $100 for an ultrasaber." Ticket machine only had $10 tickets so I grabbed two and won $200, just enough for the dark initiate dualie with most of the basic add-ons that I wanted. So if I have to wait a really long time I wouldn't be too upset, I'm just glad the state of Massachusetts picked up the tab for me. Smiley But definitely puts my mind at ease because I already ordered a few crystals to attempt a custom blade plug or two and if somehow it did happen to take 15 weeks id probably have misplaced said crystals by then.

Phantom Initiate V4 Stunt in BR
Emperors Hand Diamond RGBW
Dark Apprentice V4 GB lite sound (mystery box)
Arbiter GB V3 sound (mystery box)
Fulcrum Emerald V3 sound RGBW (mystery box)

Johno5000
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 09:14:18 PM »

Hi CrimzonNinja, sorry to hear you have a bit more of a wait.  All I know is that they do state it can take a while on this occasion/lately due to demand being so high.  My theory is expect 15 weeks for delivery but hope for a quicker turn around.  From the responses I've had they are genuinely doing all they can to get the Sabers out sooner rather than later.  Undecided  I am certain it WILL be worth the wait in the end???   Smiley  Monoxide, congratulations on your 'win win'!  Always a good shout when you get a technical 'freebie' that works out for you!  The re-assurance is that a 15 week wait is not 'normal' at all.  I know that this is a rare occurrence as I have ordered a few Sabers & they have always been prompt, polite & responsive to questions etc.  Welcome to the forum & I really sincerely hope it is the first of many Sabers for you (won or otherwise).   Cool
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 09:30:24 PM by Johno5000 » Logged

Light Side
Lighsabers
Aeon v3 BO (stunt)
Dominix v2 BR (stunt)
Initiate v4 CG (stunt)
Initiate v4 HP (stunt)

CrimzonNinja
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 11:33:20 PM »

15 weeks is usually only for people whose saber is sold out...mine said specifically 3-4 weeks...of course it said that for others on here like spiral and he has been waiting longer

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 196

From my point of view, I have the high ground!

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 11:44:44 PM »

15 weeks is usually only for people whose saber is sold out...mine said specifically 3-4 weeks...of course it said that for others on here like spiral and he has been waiting longer

Keep in mind that people who have longer-than-intended waits are in the minority...I usually try to have a positive outlook on things, and waiting for my saber is no different. Plenty of people are getting their shipping notifications after waiting for just under 4 weeks; the wait seems to be getting shorter, as well. US is doing good work.

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die."

Owned: Sentinel LE, TRI GB, V4 sound

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

Wishlist: Catalyst, Guardian, Manticore, Prophecy V3

PKL
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2016, 12:29:42 AM »

Love the hot pink. Big fan. Great choice!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2016, 06:58:50 AM »

Nice. I might get me a Hot Pink blade just for fun Tongue I lean more towards Bane's Heart though. How does Hot Pink look in person?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Johno5000
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2016, 09:10:38 AM »

Hi PKL, thank you...  I have to say that the HP really does look good up against my other colour Sabers (that, and my Wife thinks it's great because she can actually have a Lightsaber in HP)!!   Grin  It's not a colour that I would have picked for myself but having said that it does contrast well, stands out and really does add to the blade colour collection really well.  The Wife did well, a good choice on her part.   Cheesy  Zren Tobas, I like to believe the pictures on my review try and capture the 'true pink' of the blade as best as possible as I know there is still some debate out there (I had the same question).  In person HP is Luminous Pink (think highlighter pen colour).  I could be wrong here but I believe Bane's Heart could have slightly (very slightly) more of a purple 'tinge' to it?!?  I hope this helps.  Smiley

Light Side
Lighsabers
Aeon v3 BO (stunt)
Dominix v2 BR (stunt)
Initiate v4 CG (stunt)
Initiate v4 HP (stunt)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: