Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Trek discussion thread  (Read 68564 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: February 19, 2016, 08:55:25 PM »

Whether you're a fan of Kirk or Picard, Janeway or Sisko, the tv shows or the movies, we can chat about it all here.

To get the ball rolling, my question to the group is this: Who would you choose to be in your ideal crew?
You can pick characters from any show to fill the following roles-

1- Captain
2- No 1
3- Chief Science officer
4- Chief Engineer
5- Doctor
6- Navigator/Pilot
7- Head of security

My choices would be:

1- Picard
2- Spock
3- Dax
4- Miles Edward O'Brien
5- The Doctor (Hologram from Voyager who I refuse to call Joe)
6- Tom Paris
7- Worf

GregG124
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 436

There is only The Force.

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 09:20:09 PM »

Where are you Darth J! I just learned she's a major trekkie.

While I enjoy William Shatner and Chris pine both, I'd have to say I prefer Capt. Picard (because Sir Patrick Steward that's why)

Sabers I Own:
Dominix LE V4 (Obsidian V3) - Consular Green
Arbiter (Obsidian Lite) - Consular Green
Liberator V3 (Stunt) - Guardian Blue

Light Side Points Appreciated

Iram
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -292

Grey, leaning to the Dark Side

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 09:28:45 PM »

WHOOP WHOOP! Hop on the Star Trek train!

1-Kirk
2-Spock
3-Spock
4-Phlox!
5-EMH (from VOY)
6-Sulu or Data
7-Malcolm Reed

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Overlord (BR) Old Reliable w/ Obsidian v4 
Crimson Scorpion (VA)  w/ Obsidian v3  [Second Prize, 2016 Spring Raffle (1st)]
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (CG) Viridi Ignis 
Graflex SE (Emerald) w/Obsidian v4 [Won -50% off coupon April 2017]
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 09:30:19 PM »

1-Kirk
2-Spock
3-Spock
4-Phlox!
5-EMH (from VOY)
6-Sulu or Data
7-Malcolm Reed
Sulu or Data, you have to choose one.
And that's a very bold choice choosing Phlox (who is a doctor) as your chief engineer

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 09:35:37 PM »

This may not be the ideal crew but they are more or less my favorites at their positions.  Picard, The Doctor and Worf were very close seconds for their spots.  While Worf is great, I love Odo's personality.  Plus shapeshifter.  

1- Sisko
2- Riker
3- Dax
4- Tucker
5- McCoy
6- Paris
7- Odo

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 09:37:22 PM »

1-Kirk
2-Spock
3-Spock
4-Phlox!
5-EMH (from VOY)
6-Sulu or Data
7-Malcolm Reed

A very bold choice indeed.  Cheesy

I thought about Reed as security/tactical too, I was a big fan of the Reed/Tucker friendship, but Odo is hard to beat.

Wasn't Data more like the science officer?  

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 09:42:37 PM »

This may not be the ideal crew but they are more or less my favorites at their positions.  Picard, The Doctor and Worf were very close seconds for their spots.  While Worf is great, I love Odo's personality.  Plus shapeshifter.  

1- Sisko
2- Riker
3- Dax
4- Tucker
5- McCoy
6- Paris
7- Odo

I love Riker. He was the Kirk of the TNG crew. He would sleep with anything. It was a close decision between him and Spock on my list.

A very bold choice indeed.  Cheesy

I thought about Reed as security/tactical too, I was a big fan of the Reed/Tucker friendship, but Odo is hard to beat.

Wasn't Data more like the science officer? 
Data was more the science officer on TNG but he also did a lot of stuff in engineering with Geordie.

Speaking of engineers, the reason I picked O'Brien, while there are a lot of genius engineers in the Trek-verse (like Scotty) but O'Brien managed to combine Federation, Cardassian and Bajoran technology together and make it work. Whenever he left the station everything started going wrong. That's why he pipped Scotty for me.

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 09:49:55 PM »

I love Riker. He was the Kirk of the TNG crew. He would sleep with anything. It was a close decision between him and Spock on my list.
Data was more the science officer on TNG but he also did a lot of stuff in engineering with Geordie.

Speaking of engineers, the reason I picked O'Brien, while there are a lot of genius engineers in the Trek-verse (like Scotty) but O'Brien managed to combine Federation, Cardassian and Bajoran technology together and make it work. Whenever he left the station everything started going wrong. That's why he pipped Scotty for me.

O'Brien is definitely a great choice.  That's the problem with something like this, there are so many great choices for almost every position.  Except for helm.  You have Paris and Sulu and that's about it.  I always thought it was funny how O'Brien ended up being the whipping boy for DS9.  If anything bad could happen, it happened to him. 

About the only way I could justify not picking Kirk is having Riker.  He didn't shy away from a fight either. 

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 09:59:23 PM »

O'Brien is definitely a great choice.  That's the problem with something like this, there are so many great choices for almost every position.  Except for helm.  You have Paris and Sulu and that's about it.  I always thought it was funny how O'Brien ended up being the whipping boy for DS9.  If anything bad could happen, it happened to him. 

About the only way I could justify not picking Kirk is having Riker.  He didn't shy away from a fight either. 
It's GREAT that there is so much choice. At helm you also have Travis and Wesley.....well Travis anyway! Lol

In DS9 the writers had a saying at the beginning of each season: "O'Brein must suffer!". As he was just a blue collar guy doing his job and then going home to his family it made the audience feel it all the more when he suffered. plus Colm Meaney is just an amazing actor.

And just for fun here is something I just saw on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/chrispinefansite/posts/1058500217535382

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 10:10:12 PM »

Phone browser crashed for some reason.  Going to TRY not to totally stack the deck with DS9, but...yeah, it's mostly gonna happen.

CO: Benjamin Sisko (only Trek captain I'd be confident enough to serve under even though he has his flaws)
XO/ChSci: Spock (would also make an interesting foil for Sisko and one other character...)
ChEng: Miles O'Brien (smart, able to improvise, down to earth, and whether or not he'll openly admit it, tactically skilled)
CMO: Julian Bashir (extremely gifted, being an Augment, but once he grows up as a person in later seasons, also very compassionate.  And he's hot.)
Helm: Hikaru Sulu (not a lot of dedicated helmsmen to choose from and I prefer him to Paris)
Tactical: Tuvok (while I am not a VOY fan, the opportunity to play him off of Spock intrigues me, plus I learned to respect him more playing Star Trek Online)
Counselor: Ezri Dax (the more likeable Dax...and in a counselor I like a professional who isn't arrogant and actually knows what it feels like to have felt insecure and vulnerable)

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2016, 10:16:52 PM »

Phone browser crashed for some reason.  Going to TRY not to totally stack the deck with DS9, but...yeah, it's mostly gonna happen.

CO: Benjamin Sisko (only Trek captain I'd be confident enough to serve under even though he has his flaws)
XO/ChSci: Spock (would also make an interesting foil for Sisko and one other character...)
ChEng: Miles O'Brien (smart, able to improvise, down to earth, and whether or not he'll openly admit it, tactically skilled)
CMO: Julian Bashir (extremely gifted, being an Augment, but once he grows up as a person in later seasons, also very compassionate.  And he's hot.)
Helm: Hikaru Sulu (not a lot of dedicated helmsmen to choose from and I prefer him to Paris)
Tactical: Tuvok (while I am not a VOY fan, the opportunity to play him off of Spock intrigues me, plus I learned to respect him more playing Star Trek Online)
Counselor: Ezri Dax (the more likeable Dax...and in a counselor I like a professional who isn't arrogant and actually knows what it feels like to have felt insecure and vulnerable)
YAY!! Justicar is here!

Ok, you forgot head of security and I purposely left counsellor off the list. Was saving that for another discussion later on. No biggie though.

And you preferred Ezri to Jadzia?  Shocked Really?  Undecided

Nice pick up on Tactical officer. I completely forgot about that.

What's you reasoning for choosing Sisko as captain?

Iram
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2016, 10:17:34 PM »

Sulu or Data, you have to choose one.
And that's a very bold choice choosing Phlox (who is a doctor) as your chief engineer

Whoops! I read "Doctor" twice. lol as I recall Phlox was horrible at engineering stuff.

REVISED VERISON

1-Kirk
2-Spock
3-Spock
4-Geordi
5-EMH (from VOY)
6-Data
7-Malcolm Reed

1) Justicar is here!

2) YOU PLAY STO TOO?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 10:21:40 PM by Iram » Logged

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2016, 10:19:50 PM »

Whoops! I read "Doctor" twice. lol as I recall Phlox was horrible at engineering stuff.

REVISED VERISON

1-Kirk
2-Spock
3-Spock
4-Geordi
5-EMH (from VOY)
6-Data
7-Malcolm Reed

Love Phlox as a character (and his wife was hot) but he was just awful as an engineer. Great doctor though.

Mastarius
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -32

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2016, 10:28:28 PM »

1-James Kirk: Let's face it, being a no name on his crew is a death sentence but it'll be a fun ride till then.
2-William Riker: Mostly for the fact that I know he ended up a successful captain plus the beard.
3-Spock: You really can't argue this, did TNG even have one?
4-Montgomery Scott: And I mean the original not Pegg, no offense but I like the original Scotty for his humor.
5-Beverly Crusher: As long as her son doesn't come with she's good, if it's a packaged deal I change my answer to McCoy.
6-Travis Mayweather: Can't really say why but I trust him with the ship.
7-Worf: Definitely would have a Klingon as head of security.

EDIT: And no, I have not seen DS9 nor Voyager.

Dark Side Points please~!

Sabers Owned:
Dominix LE V3 in Sunrider's Destiny
Raven in Fire Orange

Sabers Wanted:
Scorpion in Fire Orange
Raven in Blazing Red
Scorpion in Blazing Red

Iram
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2016, 10:34:42 PM »

1-James Kirk: Let's face it, being a no name on his crew is a death sentence but it'll be a fun ride till then.
2-William Riker: Mostly for the fact that I know he ended up a successful captain plus the beard.
3-Spock: You really can't argue this, did TNG even have one?
4-Montgomery Scott: And I mean the original not Pegg, no offense but I like the original Scotty for his humor.
5-Beverly Crusher: As long as her son doesn't come with she's good, if it's a packaged deal I change my answer to McCoy.
6-Travis Mayweather: Can't really say why but I trust him with the ship.
7-Worf: Definitely would have a Klingon as head of security.

EDIT: And no, I have not seen DS9 nor Voyager.

*GASP* DS9 is an essential series (well, VOY was cool too, but not as significant)

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: