Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 69   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultrasabers Spring Raffle ends 03/18/2016  (Read 248171 times)
A31
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 40

The Force is with you always...

« Reply #765 on: March 17, 2016, 05:01:15 AM »

It's between the Catalyst and the Archon V3.1  Leaning more toward the Archon though.  These are the two sabers at the top of my want list.

Oh nice. Both great choices...can't really go wrong either one. Always thought the Catalysts look so elegant, kinda like a royalty type of saber. Decisions....decisions.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 05:06:38 AM by A31 » Logged

Prophecy V3 Obs lite  (AB)

Archon V2.1  Obs V4  (TRI CG)

Initiate V4   Obs V3   (GB)

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #766 on: March 17, 2016, 05:08:08 AM »

Oh nice. Both great choices...can't really go wrong either one. Always thought the Catalysts look so elegant, kinda like a royalty type of saber. Decisions....decisions.

I think the Catalyst in GB would make a good companion saber to my Prophecy in GB.  If I ever did a character that dual wielded it would be those two hilts in GB.

A31
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #767 on: March 17, 2016, 05:29:43 AM »

I think the Catalyst in GB would make a good companion saber to my Prophecy in GB.  If I ever did a character that dual wielded it would be those two hilts in GB.

True...true...I could see that...they would be a great combo! And in Guardian Blue great color, probably the best in my opinion. Well from the videos I've seen. I will get one in GB for sure. So many great sabers and colors...so little money...haha. All In time I guess!

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #768 on: March 17, 2016, 05:30:17 AM »

Wow...I checked out that link, one question..so the mop handles can definitely support the weight of the sabers, as in your pics..cause Stovepipez are in the opposite position....and then had to check out your work on the V2!! Holy...!!! That looks like it was made for it, I thought the same thing...did you send it back to US...but then the link you put up step by step how you did it...bravo! Colored AV switches too...I mean, I can only give you a+1 not + 1000!! Lol! Great work! Thanks for the links, pics, etc...

Thanks Smiley

Yep . . . I've noticed a few have mounted them with the blades pointing down, I just always find blades pointing up is my thing, maybe its a Northern Hemisphere vs Southern Hemisphere thing, lol, I'm in Australia  Wink

But yes, I've got 11 of these around and all going great . . . I find mounting with the hilt down, blade up, about 1" from the emitter works really well, just like in my pic . . . the hilt end is heavier and just seems more natural to mount that way, to me anyway . . .  Smiley

And just for reference, this is what we're talking about . . .  Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

A31
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #769 on: March 17, 2016, 05:50:56 AM »

Thanks Smiley

Yep . . . I've noticed a few have mounted them with the blades pointing down, I just always find blades pointing up is my thing, maybe its a Northern Hemisphere vs Southern Hemisphere thing, lol, I'm in Australia  Wink

But yes, I've got 11 of these around and all going great . . . I find mounting with the hilt down, blade up, about 1" from the emitter works really well, just like in my pic . . . the hilt end is heavier and just seems more natural to mount that way, to me anyway . . .  Smiley

And just for reference, this is what we're talking about . . .  Smiley

Oh, I like them this way as well with the hilt down and the blade pointed up. Yeah I checked out your link thanks...I just have an old school multiple sword holder on the wall that holds swords horizontally. But now that I'm starting to collect lightsabers I will be making a trip to Target to pick up some of these. I think the sabers deserve their own unique holders and to be displayed right! Thanks again for the help, much appreciated!

Suspi
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #770 on: March 17, 2016, 05:51:19 AM »

First time raffler! Excited!

Maserian
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #771 on: March 17, 2016, 05:59:56 AM »

Training staff ordered with a grab bag to get over the minimum req. Would be interesting to know how many have entered the raffle so far Smiley

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #772 on: March 17, 2016, 06:11:47 AM »

Thanks Smiley

You get a point, Jed!  These look great for displaying sabers.  I also prefer them with the blade pointing up personally.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #773 on: March 17, 2016, 07:38:30 AM »

First time raffler! Excited!
Hey Suspi,

Welcome to the forum.  You'll need to post an acknowledgement in the rules section before making anymore posts though.  Everyone does. Smiley

What did you order? 

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #774 on: March 17, 2016, 07:43:29 AM »

I was thinking of getting a second saber to compliment my Archon v3 for the raffle, but have come to realize that there isn't any saber that really does compliment it.  Nothing smaller with mostly silver with black accents.  It is either silver with gold accents or black with silver accents for the smaller sabers.

For a second saber I was considering another Emerald, but this time with RGBA to test that out oppose to the RGBW in the Archon v3.  With sound of course, so I can't use a v2, or v3 era saber.

I might just skip the raffle and hope something better/different comes out that catches my eye like the Archon v3 did.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 196

From my point of view, I have the high ground!

« Reply #775 on: March 17, 2016, 07:45:11 AM »

I was thinking of getting a second saber to compliment my Archon v3 for the raffle, but have come to realize that there isn't any saber that really does compliment it.  Nothing smaller with mostly silver with black accents.  It is either silver with gold accents or black with silver accents for the smaller sabers.

You could always get a silver saber and add on black O-rings Wink

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die."

Owned: Sentinel LE, TRI GB, V4 sound

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

Wishlist: Catalyst, Guardian, Manticore, Prophecy V3

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #776 on: March 17, 2016, 09:33:33 AM »

...but have come to realize that there isn't any saber that really does compliment it...
The Chosen One perhaps?

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #777 on: March 17, 2016, 09:53:35 AM »

You could always get a silver saber and add on black O-rings Wink

An Apprentice with O-rings around the grenade grip would look fantastic, and the slender portion of the neck would work quite well as a nod to the Archon, I think.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #778 on: March 17, 2016, 10:07:26 AM »

Has anybody else observed that in Deep's initial post, that the prizes add up to 52, and not 50?

JediApprenticeChris37
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 140

Light side points PLEASE and stop with dark points

« Reply #779 on: March 17, 2016, 10:11:37 AM »

two more days till we find out the winners

sabers I own:
Prophecy v3  <---Guardian Blue w/V4 sound
Bellicose <--- Sentinel Yellow V3 sound
Dark Menace <---Guardian Blue  V4 sound
Manticore CE <---Emerald Driver and V4 sound
Consular <--- Adegan silver with Quick disconnects