Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
Author Topic: Why do you like Star Wars so much?  (Read 48141 times)
BionicDance
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2019, 03:31:55 AM »

The Rebel Alliance.

I love the fight for freedom against a tyrannical empire.
I love high-speed, single-seat, stick-and-throttle, attack fighters dogfighting.
Wedge Antilles is my favorite character. Badass fighter pilot who survives the entire revolution...? Oh, yeah.

To be perfectly honest, not super-interested in the Skywalker Family Spat. I like it...but, really, I like the Alliance better.
Jedi vs Sith is okay...but, really, not the kind of good-guys-vs-bad-guys I want.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2019, 03:09:36 PM »

I love me good science fantasy.

High fantasy like LOTR or TES never spoke to me. The magic is always used as a plot mcguffin but never in a meaningful way, dragons are overused, and many of the themes just dont speak to me. Dont get me wrong Tolkien was nothing short of a visionary, its just not a vision i was very interested in.

But Star Wars adds in this philosophy amongst this scifi backdrop and then goes for western and samurai influences? Its so bizarre but I love good stories that play with the nature of good/evil. Another franchise that really hit the same not for me is weirdly enough the Destiny games. The magic of those universes is so seamless and feels like a part of things where high fantasy always seems disjointed to me for whatever reason. My favorite debates in these are about the dynamic light/dark shenigans. Are Sith *evil* or just more susceptible to temptation? Are the Guardians doing the right thing or are they just murderous zealots? Idk it hits a chord with me.

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2019, 03:31:12 PM »

I'm probably not the biggest Star Wars fan.  I didn't grow up with access to movie theaters or VHS.  My first movie was Star Trek 3.  I'd read the Star Wars novelizations before I'd seen the movies on TV.

But I've seen all the movies. Empire is my favorite.

Now, many years later, I've got a lightsaber, and have to figure out what to do with it.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2019, 03:43:43 PM »

I love me good science fantasy.

High fantasy like LOTR or TES never spoke to me. The magic is always used as a plot mcguffin but never in a meaningful way, dragons are overused, and many of the themes just dont speak to me. Dont get me wrong Tolkien was nothing short of a visionary, its just not a vision i was very interested in.

But Star Wars adds in this philosophy amongst this scifi backdrop and then goes for western and samurai influences? Its so bizarre but I love good stories that play with the nature of good/evil. Another franchise that really hit the same not for me is weirdly enough the Destiny games. The magic of those universes is so seamless and feels like a part of things where high fantasy always seems disjointed to me for whatever reason. My favorite debates in these are about the dynamic light/dark shenigans. Are Sith *evil* or just more susceptible to temptation? Are the Guardians doing the right thing or are they just murderous zealots? Idk it hits a chord with me.
The Sith are misunderstood and just need a hug.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

BionicDance
Knight Officer

« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2019, 03:49:49 PM »

I'm probably not the biggest Star Wars fan. 

Never exercise and eat a lot of high-carb and high-fat food.

You'll get there.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2019, 04:24:02 PM »

You'll get there.
O
M
G

I just LITERALLY laughed out loud at this... while in the phone... for a work meeting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

BionicDance
Knight Officer

« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2019, 04:34:18 PM »

My work here is done. Wink

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #142 on: May 22, 2019, 01:53:20 AM »

You'll get there.

You win the internet for the day. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2019, 01:39:18 AM »

I think I was possibly the same age when I saw A New Hope with my grandma but back in the 90's, she got me hooked instantly. I always started out with toy lightsabers back in the day, then discovered the higher end stuff, then Ultra Sabers a few years later Tongue But that's one of the many reasons I like Star Wars for me is the cool lightsaber moments =] Never hurt anything to have the few actual military moments Star Wars always has though too

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Kaimod1982
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #144 on: June 04, 2019, 03:00:53 AM »

I watched the originals with my Dad. I was born in '82 so it either had to be on VHS or they were on T.V. I loved them all.

Same story for Star Trek.

Diamond: Graflex SE

BionicDance
Knight Officer

« Reply #145 on: June 04, 2019, 06:42:38 AM »

Same story for Star Trek.

"Star Track"...?

Never heard of it.  Grin

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #146 on: June 04, 2019, 03:20:47 PM »

"Star Track"...?

Never heard of it.  Grin

The whole reason I've had to order a saber was because my wife wanted one, and mostly, she was gonna wave it around for five minutes then put it on a shelf.   I told her we're a Star Trek family, and don't need one.

Then, I bought a haori for my steampunk outfit and figured a saber would look good with it at Comicpalooza.  And now we're waiting for her Azure Savior to arrive today....

BionicDance
Knight Officer

« Reply #147 on: June 04, 2019, 08:16:52 PM »

I told her we're a Star Trek family, and don't need one.

I actually like Star Trek, I really do...I just vastly prefer Star Wars, is all.

But I had this one time when I told a guy, "I don't watch a lot of Star Track, but I do love that Wesley Crasher kid!" and the look on his face of horror, revulsion, and omigawd-you-can't-be-serious warring for dominance was soooooo beautiful. **mimes reeling in a fishie**

So I trot it out every now and then, just to see if I can get someone else to succumb to geek-rage. Cheesy

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #148 on: June 04, 2019, 08:50:11 PM »

I actually like Star Trek, I really do...I just vastly prefer Star Wars, is all.

But I had this one time when I told a guy, "I don't watch a lot of Star Track, but I do love that Wesley Crasher kid!" and the look on his face of horror, revulsion, and omigawd-you-can't-be-serious warring for dominance was soooooo beautiful. **mimes reeling in a fishie**

So I trot it out every now and then, just to see if I can get someone else to succumb to geek-rage. Cheesy

I did buy my saber while wearing a red-shirt outfit.  A wise investment.  I made it back to the ship.

BionicDance
Knight Officer

« Reply #149 on: June 04, 2019, 08:58:00 PM »

When my saber arrives, I'm gonna go to my first dueling-club meeting wearing my hoodie from "The Orville". Wink

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: