Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
Author Topic: Why do you like Star Wars so much?  (Read 48148 times)
Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2018, 11:31:31 AM »

Don't forget Monica Bellucci  Wink

SHAME ON ME  Roll Eyes

Monica Bellucci is UNFORGATABLE!!!!!!!!

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2018, 01:51:51 PM »

SHAME ON ME  Roll Eyes

Monica Bellucci is UNFORGATABLE!!!!!!!!

Point to the fine French gentleman master!  Grin

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2018, 01:59:14 PM »

Points to everyone on this page for making it a joyful stop. Cheesy

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2018, 02:09:27 PM »

Point back my lords Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2018, 06:18:44 PM »

Unfortunately, TFA came and i was more than disappointed as this "movie" was (put the bad word you want here)  ... but Rogue One was a blast to me ... the Vader scene ... WOW .... And i spend a good time with TLJ ... so i want to be optimistic ...
I think 'merde' works just fine. Grin

Don't forget Monica Bellucci  Wink
Wait........what are we talking about? I heard "Monica Bellucci" and forgot what was going on.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2018, 10:22:14 AM »

I think 'merde' works just fine. Grin

Ohhhh yesss ... have a foreign language point Wink

Here, we also say « une purge » Wink

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2018, 02:52:12 PM »

Ohhhh yesss ... have a foreign language point Wink

Here, we also say « une purge » Wink
My French is very limited.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2018, 03:14:45 PM »

My French is very limited.

Seems that the literal translation of "une purge" is "a purge" ... it will not help i think Wink

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2018, 06:04:37 PM »

Seems that the literal translation of "une purge" is "a purge" ... it will not help i think Wink
No. Another purge would totally help.

Sig by For Tyeth

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2018, 06:42:58 PM »

No. Another purge would totally help.

Grin

EmmyV
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 33

I do dig giant robots

« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2018, 04:30:11 PM »

Hokay, sorry for late joining this thread but seriously, it’s a good topic, and this is something I actually think it worth stating and going over.

It’s probably not your standard answer, but I like Star Wars because it helped me understand war. Like, to go further, it helped me understand that it was not what it was originally sold as. That conflict is not a good guy beating a bad guy, but a complex relationship that is tragic and unwanted, but at the same time, heroic.
To try and explain that a bit I have to go to my favorite star wars games, X-Wing, and Tie-Fighter. I actually picked up X-Wing after my father saw I was very interested in the X-Wing book series by Michael Stackpole, and assumed it was a game about the book. What I got hooked on though was that first person deal. As a little girl, I was right there. I felt like that game was the most realistic simulation available. I even had the microwave fish sticks like Luke had in ep5. You know, total immersion (lol). Well, my single digit brain started off like most going “I’m flying the X wings, shooting the tie fighters, saving the world” but then the next game came out, TIE Fighter.

As I got that for my birthday, everything kinda changed for me. I first was like, “Wow I don’t want to play the empire.” But as I tried it, and as I saw first off how nice the staff officer was who guided me through the missions, cared about if we lost a wingman on the way back, and was just generally supportive. I was like “Oh he’s nice.” Then expanded that understanding when I got to the arc about the Ripoblus and Dimok forces fighting each other in bloody civil war, and you as the Empire show up and go “Yeah we don’t need to be fighting.” And well, they’re right. It was pointless. I kind of realized that the role of me as a TIE Fighter wasn’t really this oppressor, more as it was a police officer on the wrong side of the law, who takes those good moments of getting to do something right, like save those kids on the shuttles, and it got me thinking. And kept me thinking.

It’s probably why I liked Gundam in my teens and so on, I found I wanted to get to know the Empire, Zeon, the Zentradi, and so on. Star Wars made me realize that no one is really perfect, and that’s also ok. And if we’re really willing to understand that, the story is much more beautiful, and tragic, where it’s two groups of brave heroes fighting for what they believe in, during an unreconcilable conflict, and that kind of helped me be the person I am.

So, Star Wars is awesome. I hope that future generations get to keep a Star Wars that cool.

Living Here In Jersey
Fighting villains from afar
You gotta find first gear in your giant robot car
You dig giant robots
I dig giant robots
We dig giant robots
Chicks dig giant robots
Nice.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2018, 05:14:10 PM »

Extremely cool EmmyV!

I'm happy to know that it touched you so deeply.  Been a part of your life since you found it, and such.  That's excellent.

Thank you for sharing. Cheesy

+1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2018, 05:48:47 PM »

Hokay, sorry for late joining this thread but seriously, it’s a good topic, and this is something I actually think it worth stating and going over.

It’s probably not your standard answer, but I like Star Wars because it helped me understand war. Like, to go further, it helped me understand that it was not what it was originally sold as. That conflict is not a good guy beating a bad guy, but a complex relationship that is tragic and unwanted, but at the same time, heroic.
To try and explain that a bit I have to go to my favorite star wars games, X-Wing, and Tie-Fighter. I actually picked up X-Wing after my father saw I was very interested in the X-Wing book series by Michael Stackpole, and assumed it was a game about the book. What I got hooked on though was that first person deal. As a little girl, I was right there. I felt like that game was the most realistic simulation available. I even had the microwave fish sticks like Luke had in ep5. You know, total immersion (lol). Well, my single digit brain started off like most going “I’m flying the X wings, shooting the tie fighters, saving the world” but then the next game came out, TIE Fighter.

As I got that for my birthday, everything kinda changed for me. I first was like, “Wow I don’t want to play the empire.” But as I tried it, and as I saw first off how nice the staff officer was who guided me through the missions, cared about if we lost a wingman on the way back, and was just generally supportive. I was like “Oh he’s nice.” Then expanded that understanding when I got to the arc about the Ripoblus and Dimok forces fighting each other in bloody civil war, and you as the Empire show up and go “Yeah we don’t need to be fighting.” And well, they’re right. It was pointless. I kind of realized that the role of me as a TIE Fighter wasn’t really this oppressor, more as it was a police officer on the wrong side of the law, who takes those good moments of getting to do something right, like save those kids on the shuttles, and it got me thinking. And kept me thinking.

It’s probably why I liked Gundam in my teens and so on, I found I wanted to get to know the Empire, Zeon, the Zentradi, and so on. Star Wars made me realize that no one is really perfect, and that’s also ok. And if we’re really willing to understand that, the story is much more beautiful, and tragic, where it’s two groups of brave heroes fighting for what they believe in, during an unreconcilable conflict, and that kind of helped me be the person I am.

So, Star Wars is awesome. I hope that future generations get to keep a Star Wars that cool.

I've so many points to award for this. 1 for "Hokay", 1 for the insight into "the bad guys", and at least 3 for the Gundam love. Grin As I got older, I too began to enjoy the dichotomy of war/conflict. The idea that someone is just pure evil and gets off being a universal dick was just "too easy". Having bad guys with feelings?....that's a bit more interesting. It's why I eventually turned fully to the Sith. Because every great hero needs a great villain to fight, but also that every "hero" is someone else's villain. Wink

Sig by For Tyeth

Lord Vaalic
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2018, 08:14:34 PM »

SW was the first movie I ever saw. I was 4 at the time, and seeing ANH just imprinted something on me. I was hooked and drawn into this world, and I never left. I played with SW toys, most of my childhood is steeped in SW, movies, books, comics, toys. As I got older I realized how much Han Solo and his personality had really shaped me, though now I think more in terms of Jedi and Sith characters.

Its such a rich universe, full of great stories and characters, sacrifice, wisdom, power grabbing, conflict, the search for peace, questions of when its appropriate to act, lessons for the real world. Everyone has a character they identify with.

Then of course Knights of the Old Republic came along for the Xbox, and was just about the best game ever made, so much awesomeness. I love that I can share this world and its stories with my son, it was so much fun for me to take him to the premiere of TFA and RO and TLJ, something we can share and talk about and bond over.

When the prequels came out I was excited, and I actually enjoyed them. Yes, TPM has some issues, and yes Jar Jar is an obnoxious character but I still enjoyed the movie and Clone Wars and ROTS were just awesome. Then TFA was good and I really enjoyed RO a lot.

And I don't do much PC gaming anymore, but if they ever make TOR into an MMO on console, I wont be able to throw my money at them fast enough.

I hated TLJ, for many many reasons, but in no way am I done with SW. One bad movie hopefully is just that, one bad movie. I am looking forward to Solo. I just have spent so much time in this fantasy galaxy, video games, books, toys, fan fiction, etc. I know its a movie, but its part of me and shaped my childhood and teen years and is just part of who I am. I have no shame being a middle aged Star Wars nerd, my wife is not a fan, but like I said its something I can share with my son.

There is no light side, there is no dark side. There is only the force. Jedi and Sith are two sides of the same coin. One paralyzed by fear of emotion, and one ruled and destroyed by it.

Sani2341
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -39

« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2018, 08:33:05 PM »

While I was first introduced to SW by watchign the movies on TV a long time ago, what really drew me in was the part Disney put to the torch.
I am Talkign abotu the old EU, mosty the rise of the Empire to early new Republic eras.
I don't know how often I read through both the Thrawn triologie and the X-Wing bookseries.
Both the Clone wars and Rebels I followed as closely as possible, the first one I hve rewatched in its entirety at least twice.
Also ever since SWTOR came out, I have something of a fonness for the old republic era, although I only play on and off since EA made the switch to a pay to win modell.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: