Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Initiate V4 review.  (Read 1592 times)
Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« on: April 26, 2016, 02:39:49 PM »

A review of my first spring raffle entry, and ensuing prize. Smiley

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRhi0LHORO8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRhi0LHORO8</a>

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 03:05:05 PM »

What's a sith gonna do with a blue saber other than mangle it?

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 03:18:54 PM »

Applause.   Cool   I'm sure not going to be sneaking up on you LR.  Really like what you have done to both of your sabers.  Am concerned about your use of a solid or non-vented stunt pommel with sound.  Not a good idea as it could actually damage the speaker and the heat that cannot be dissipated easily from inside the hilt also could cause problems.   

pt to you.   Cheesy

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 03:19:49 PM »

Nice review Rapine. I liked that pike you made there, looks cool. And that sentinel looks great, it seems  more of a dark side customization, and with the blue light it doesn't match a lot...lol..., you did a good job on the hilt. Let see if I put some O-Rings on my sentinel so it doesn't look so plain... points for you...may the force be with you...

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 04:33:42 PM »

Thanks guys. Smiley

Am concerned about your use of a solid or non-vented stunt pommel with sound.  Not a good idea as it could actually damage the speaker and the heat that cannot be dissipated easily from inside the hilt also could cause problems.   
I put the solid pommel on the bottom of the pike, and added grit tape to it.  I have a vented coupler before the first yari extension. Smiley

The pommel you saw on it was MM's, had a hole in the bottom, and was borrowed for video purposes...lol

I've ordered some colour disks - gonna throw a red on the GB, and see if I get purple.  Meh - worth a try.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 04:43:00 PM »

Thanks guys. Smiley
I put the solid pommel on the bottom of the pike, and added grit tape to it.  I have a vented coupler before the first yari extension. Smiley

The pommel you saw on it was MM's, had a hole in the bottom, and was borrowed for video purposes...lol

I've ordered some colour disks - gonna throw a red on the GB, and see if I get purple.  Meh - worth a try.

Its not worth it, trust me.  I've tried to turn my  GB grab bag purple and it's so dim it's laughable.  Red almost completely darks the saber out.  I think pink and orange made it kinda purple but I forget.  Either way it's pretty terrible.

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 04:45:48 PM »

Its not worth it, trust me.  I've tried to turn my  GB grab bag purple and it's so dim it's laughable.  Red almost completely darks the saber out.  I think pink and orange made it kinda purple but I forget.  Either way it's pretty terrible.
Ahh well - already ordered.  $2.00 - maybe a pink or orange...

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 04:52:06 PM »

It'll get a purple color but it will barely light up.  I did a video in the dark with it and it still didn't show up well enough to upload.

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 05:04:02 PM »

It'll get a purple color but it will barely light up.  I did a video in the dark with it and it still didn't show up well enough to upload.
Oh wow.

Welp...I'll have unused colour disks then...lol

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: