Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Rogue one.  (Read 5677 times)
Iceman7199
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: May 30, 2016, 07:24:43 AM »

Does anyone think jedi will appear in rogue one movie. I personally don't think so but it wouldn't shock me if there is. And I don't mean darts vader. Pretty sure he is in it.

No ultrasabers yet.

Light side points appreciated.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 02:32:06 PM »

I don't think there will be any.  I think it's finally going to be a Star Wars movie without Jedi.  Obviously, Vader will likely appear, because this movie takes place just before the original one.  However, the Rebels clearly didn't have any Jedi working with them in the original movies, other than Luke Skywalker.  Plus, Vader supposedly hunted down and killed most of them.  So, I think any who are still alive would still be in hiding, like Obi-Wan and Yoda were.

Personally, I hope they don't appear.  While I love Jedi and Sith, (obviously) I'd like to actually see a SW film that shows what regular people can do without them.  After all, you can't tell me the Rebellion was helpless before Luke joined.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 07:15:49 PM »

Doubtful.  Though I wonder if it will give hints at where Ezra and Kanan are.  One of the reasons I am not really hyped to see it. I'll wait for it to come to DVD and rent it.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

GregG124
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 436

There is only The Force.

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 10:02:48 PM »

Doubtful.  Though I wonder if it will give hints at where Ezra and Kanan are.  One of the reasons I am not really hyped to see it. I'll wait for it to come to DVD and rent it.
It has been confirmed by Filloni and Lucasfilms that there won't be any Rebels crossovers in Rogue One.

Sabers I Own:
Dominix LE V4 (Obsidian V3) - Consular Green
Arbiter (Obsidian Lite) - Consular Green
Liberator V3 (Stunt) - Guardian Blue

Light Side Points Appreciated

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 02:40:38 AM »

It has been confirmed by Filloni and Lucasfilms that there won't be any Rebels crossovers in Rogue One.

Didn't think there would be...  but the state of the rebellion might gives us clues.  Since everything is canon now it's not a stretch to think we could establish some kind of theory even if the characters are not directly referenced

Iceman7199
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 05:24:46 AM »

I don't think there will be any.  I think it's finally going to be a Star Wars movie without Jedi.  Obviously, Vader will likely appear, because this movie takes place just before the original one.  However, the Rebels clearly didn't have any Jedi working with them in the original movies, other than Luke Skywalker.  Plus, Vader supposedly hunted down and killed most of them.  So, I think any who are still alive would still be in hiding, like Obi-Wan and Yoda were.

Personally, I hope they don't appear.  While I love Jedi and Sith, (obviously) I'd like to actually see a SW film that shows what regular people can do without them.  After all, you can't tell me the Rebellion was helpless before Luke joined.

I agree. I would like to see a film without jedis or sith. It would be a bit refreshing without them.

No ultrasabers yet.

Light side points appreciated.

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 09:03:35 AM »

There won't be any lightsabers in Rogue One either.  Roll Eyes  It's like ordering a Big Mac without the beef.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 11:16:42 AM »

There won't be any lightsabers in Rogue One either.  Roll Eyes  It's like ordering a Big Mac without the beef.

I agree. 

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 01:29:52 PM »

Remember the talk between Tarkin and Vader:

Governor Tarkin: Surely he must be dead by now.
Darth Vader: Don't underestimate the Force.
Governor Tarkin: The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe. You, my friend, are all that's left of their religion.

To me, it is clear for Tarkin that Jedi are gone for a long time ... So, in the new canon universe, i do not think that there are Jedi around for Rogue One.

But... it seems that Disney is disappointed about the first release of the movie (source : Page 6) ... They say that there will be massive new sequences shooting this summer ...

... now we can imagine everything ... including thing like Jedi/Sith ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 02:42:05 PM »

Does anyone think jedi will appear in rogue one movie. I personally don't think so but it wouldn't shock me if there is. And I don't mean darts vader. Pretty sure he is in it.

I've heard there will be no lightsabers in this film, which is tantamount to sacrilege. They've never made a SW film without sabers.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 03:11:46 AM »

Remember the talk between Tarkin and Vader:

Governor Tarkin: Surely he must be dead by now.
Darth Vader: Don't underestimate the Force.
Governor Tarkin: The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe. You, my friend, are all that's left of their religion.

To me, it is clear for Tarkin that Jedi are gone for a long time ... So, in the new canon universe, i do not think that there are Jedi around for Rogue One.

But... it seems that Disney is disappointed about the first release of the movie (source : Page 6) ... They say that there will be massive new sequences shooting this summer ...

... now we can imagine everything ... including thing like Jedi/Sith ...

So, we are still left to wonder the fate of Kanan and Ezra (and Ahsoka).  Since Vader and the Inquisitors whole job were to hunt them down.  I wonder how they wil explain that in the new canon...was Tarkin just not privy to that mission

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 04:20:33 AM »

Obi was in hiding and watching Luke, yes. However, Leia knew him. Did she only know of him or know him? I think he was still active, albeit limited, with the Rebel Alliance over the years. Ep3 leaves us just knowing he will train with Yoda to speak with Qui Gonn. But Leia still knew him by the name Obi Wan Kenobi. I would expect he left Tatooine sometimes. Even if not enough to have his own ship when Ep4 happened.

Based on what little I've seen, Rogue One seems it will be more serious and aggressive. It felt like the central woman is going to be kicking butt and leading people. I hope they do a good job of it. 6 movies for Russian roulette with a modern legend.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 04:57:10 AM »

Leia knew of Obi-Wan through her adoptive father, Bail Organa.  He sent her to get Obi-Wan from Tatooine and bring him to Alderan.  That much is said in the holographic message Artoo is carrying in the original film.

General Kenobi. Years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars. Now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire. I regret that I am unable to present my father's request to you in person, but my ship has fallen under attack, and I'm afraid my mission to bring you to Alderaan has failed. I have placed information vital to the survival of the Rebellion into the memory systems of this R2 unit. My father will know how to retrieve it. You must see this droid safely delivered to him on Alderaan. This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.

It's obvious Bail wouldn't send her on a mission to find Obi-Wan without telling her who he was and why he needed him, as well as where Obi-Wan was.  Of course, how Bail knew where Obi-Wan was is covered in ROTS.

As for other Jedi characters, it's possible they're still alive somewhere and Tarkin doesn't know of them.  Tarkin said that surely Obi-Wan must be dead, clearly he didn't know for sure.  He was probably just spouting Empire propaganda when be said they were all gone.  You've gotta figure Palpatine is the type to say they were all gone even if they weren't.

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2016, 05:19:50 AM »

It does sound like a first time introduction she's making. I do see that he probably stayed on Tatooine. But, I can also see that they may not have to stick to that.

Spoilers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDmEfiw4eWE

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2016, 02:44:33 PM »

So, we are still left to wonder the fate of Kanan and Ezra (and Ahsoka).  Since Vader and the Inquisitors whole job were to hunt them down.  I wonder how they wil explain that in the new canon...was Tarkin just not privy to that mission

Maybe.

But Tarkin is a master piece in the Death Star project ... If there was Jedi involving in some plot around this project, i imagine that he should have known ... For that reason, i do not think that there will be Jedi in Rogue One ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: