Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Problem with connecting to the Ultrasabers Launcher (Can't find solution)  (Read 9093 times)
ScrumfKitty
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 5

Master of my own path

« on: July 03, 2016, 03:20:37 AM »

Hi Saberforum! It's been quuuuuite a while.

I'll get cut right to the chase. About a week ago I decided I want to switch up the colour scheme for my blade, since I've had my first, and only, Saber (the Dark Initiate LE V4) set to guardian blue pretty much ever since I got it back in April of 2015. I guess you could say I'm "falling" to the Dark Side and want to try out a crimson blade for a change. Grin Although I've rarely tinkered around with my saber, in a software sense, I have used the ultrasaber launcher in the past about 3-4 times, just to see presets and things like that, and it's always worked fine (for those of you that remember, I'm talking about the launcher with the black background, opposed to the current white). I did so with the sound board as well. So this problem isn't something of a "defective" saber or whatever. Nothing like that. It lies completely in the launcher.

The problem I'm having seems to only be with the new version of the launcher, which I installed about two weeks ago. Since having the launcher installed I haven't been able to even connect my saber to it. At all. Nothing happens. I've tried everything. I've waited up to 3 minutes with my saber connected, and followed the steps EXACTLY how the video tutorial tells me. It just won't connect. Period. Not to the launcher at least, as my PC detects whenever I plug it in. The only other person I've seen that's had this issue was on a single reddit post I stumbled across while googling, though he was only able to fix the problem by using the Mac version of the launcher opposed to the PC. I can't really do that though, as I don't really have a Mac. I haven't re-tried connecting my saber to the launcher for about 2 days, but I doubt the outcome will change. I've uninstalled the launcher and reinstalled it even, same thing happens. I've fully charged my batteries even before plugging it in. Just nothing works.

If anyone has a helpful solution, or even has advice on what to do (I.E wait even 5, or 10 minutes) I'd really appreciate it. Please don't ask if I've uninstalled the launcher and reinstalled it though, because like I've said I've tried. Same goes for "have you searched the forums for an answer", because like I've said I haven't been able to find any solution as well. I'd also appreciate if someone could let me know why it's not a good idea to use past versions of the launcher, as they're the only versions that have ever worked for me.

Thanks!

Lightsabers:
Dark Initiate LE v4

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 06:58:59 PM »

Which OS do you use? Also, have tried to reinstall the driver, i.e. uninstalled the saber and reconnected it so that the driver reinstalls?

Many connection issues are due to defective cables, USB 3.0 ports (don't use them, use USB 2.0) and the OS's Win 8(.1) and Win 10. And make sure you always install and run the launcher as Administrator. On Win 8(.1) and 10 it can sometimes help to set the launcher's Compatibility Mode to "Windows 7" and/or use a USB 2.0 hub between the saber and the USB port.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

ScrumfKitty
Knight Lance Corporal

Master of my own path

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 06:23:36 AM »

Which OS do you use? Also, have tried to reinstall the driver, i.e. uninstalled the saber and reconnected it so that the driver reinstalls?

Many connection issues are due to defective cables, USB 3.0 ports (don't use them, use USB 2.0) and the OS's Win 8(.1) and Win 10. And make sure you always install and run the launcher as Administrator. On Win 8(.1) and 10 it can sometimes help to set the launcher's Compatibility Mode to "Windows 7" and/or use a USB 2.0 hub between the saber and the USB port.

No offense or anything, but I said twice above that I reinstalled the driver (twice actually), and did so both times with both the cable and the saber unplugged from the PC if that's what you mean.

I use Win 10, and use a USB 2.0. The cable is fine, as I use it regularly. Each time I've run it I've done so as administrator as well. Nothing works. I've tried everything you've suggested already. Still, nothing happens. No connection. I'm going to try to uninstall and reinstall again though, as I'm 50/50 on if I installed as administrator or not. Though I'm pretty sure that I did.

Lightsabers:
Dark Initiate LE v4

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 06:44:43 AM »

Could your board on the saber be an older model that is incompatible with the newer launcher?   I've not heard of there being a compatibility issues with older Emerald drivers and any of the launchers, just the sound boards.
Have you been able to find the same version of the launcher you had before and tried it out?

Could there be dust or something in the ports preventing a good contact?

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

ScrumfKitty
Knight Lance Corporal

Master of my own path

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 02:44:23 PM »

Could your board on the saber be an older model that is incompatible with the newer launcher?   I've not heard of there being a compatibility issues with older Emerald drivers and any of the launchers, just the sound boards.
Have you been able to find the same version of the launcher you had before and tried it out?

Could there be dust or something in the ports preventing a good contact?

Nope. Not at all. I got the saber back in April or May of 2015. If the launcher is incompatible with a saber that's hardly even a year old then that's just horrendously poor/scummy software design on the creators part. I use my saber very frequently as well. Dust buildup would be practically impossible.

Lightsabers:
Dark Initiate LE v4

ScrumfKitty
Knight Lance Corporal

Master of my own path

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 02:45:19 PM »

Side note to anyone else who may reply, please stop asking "have you checked-" or "could there be-" because I guarantee you I've tried every troubleshooting option available. Like I said, this is 100% a fault of the software, NOT of the hardware. PLEASE FULLY READ the issue I posted before making a response. It'd be much appreciated!

Lightsabers:
Dark Initiate LE v4

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 05:09:52 PM »

I know very well what you wrote, but you never said that you re-installed the DRIVER, you just said you re-installed the LAUNCHER. They're two different things, and if the re-installation of the launcher didn't solve the problem, then you should try to re-install the driver. The launcher is definitely not a problem or incompatible to any of the boards (except the old Obsidian v2 boards), so it must be a hardware (either of the saber or the PC equipment) or an OS problem (in most cases a driver issue).

And since we don't know what you already tried except for re-installing the launcher, I pointed out what reasons a connection issue can have. And how to bypass them. It's almost never solely a software problem but mostly a compatibility problem between the OS, the saber hardware, the PC hardware and the software. Since you didn't mention that you encountered an error message with the launcher like "App Crash", "xxx doesn't work anymore" or similar I assume the launcher is working properly. So the problem must be anywhere in the OS-to-saber (= Obsidian sound board) communication, which leads to my aspect mentioned above - try to re-install the driver by uninstalling the device and by following the connection prodecure once more. If you already tried other cables, ports and USB hubs, this is the only thing that can help you. If that doesn't work either...well, you may have to contact US or the developer of the board and software directly and see if they can provide more solutions or workarounds.

PS: With Emerald boards the launcher works fine even on Win 8(.1) and Win 10. This provides evidence that it can't be a launcher problem. Otherwise the Emerald board would be behaving the same, but it doesn't.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

ScrumfKitty
Knight Lance Corporal

Master of my own path

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 06:56:58 PM »

Shocked FOUND THE PROBLEM!! Shocked

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the launcher for a 3rd time, MAKING SURE to do it in administrator mode. This time it works, and I have no problem connecting to the launcher!

But I still have a problem...

I can't save/test blade colours without something glitching out. Either it'll tell me to reconnect, or it'll only turn my blade pure red when testing colours. Both with pulse test and with flash on clash test. Anytime I try to test a mix of Red and Blue, without even putting any green or anything into the mix, it'll just turn my blade into a red hue. Even at 1% redness. Messing with the options doesn't change anything once I unplug my saber as well. It just goes back to the way it was (is) once I exit the launcher. Basically, in summery, I have a Red+Blue driver and anytime I put even 1% of red into anything it turns the entire blade red when I test it. And unplugging it just makes it go back to normal. 

I'm really tired, and there's no point to making another thread for it, so does anyone know why this is? How I can finally get off and out of the forums and try out the shimmering pulsing red blade, with the purpley flash on clash, I have pictured in my head? It'd be nice to wake up to a "yeah you're just stupid, make sure you blahblahblah"

I know very well what you wrote, but you never said that you re-installed the DRIVER, you just said you re-installed the LAUNCHER. They're two different things, and if the re-installation of the launcher didn't solve the problem, then you should try to re-install the driver. The launcher is definitely not a problem or incompatible to any of the boards (except the old Obsidian v2 boards), so it must be a hardware (either of the saber or the PC equipment) or an OS problem (in most cases a driver issue).

And since we don't know what you already tried except for re-installing the launcher, I pointed out what reasons a connection issue can have. And how to bypass them. It's almost never solely a software problem but mostly a compatibility problem between the OS, the saber hardware, the PC hardware and the software. Since you didn't mention that you encountered an error message with the launcher like "App Crash", "xxx doesn't work anymore" or similar I assume the launcher is working properly. So the problem must be anywhere in the OS-to-saber (= Obsidian sound board) communication, which leads to my aspect mentioned above - try to re-install the driver by uninstalling the device and by following the connection prodecure once more. If you already tried other cables, ports and USB hubs, this is the only thing that can help you. If that doesn't work either...well, you may have to contact US or the developer of the board and software directly and see if they can provide more solutions or workarounds.

PS: With Emerald boards the launcher works fine even on Win 8(.1) and Win 10. This provides evidence that it can't be a launcher problem. Otherwise the Emerald board would be behaving the same, but it doesn't.
I'm really glad I found out the solution before I read this because honestly it confused the living frell out of me.

Lightsabers:
Dark Initiate LE v4

Thundercactus
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 04:29:05 AM »

Sorry about raising this post from the dead, but I had the same issue with my brand new dec/2017 lightsaber with V4 obsidian sound board today.
Works fine whit my dominix v4 saber, doesn't work with the scorpion.
Using win10, however the error at some point started coming up as "error installing driver"

Solution was to push the usb cable into the sound board VERY SLOWLY until it made first contact.

Connection is good now. Hopefully this helps someone else out!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: