Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Dominix practice  (Read 4465 times)
Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« on: August 26, 2016, 04:22:58 AM »

I feel like I don't get to practice too much because of the heat here.  I recently had a cooler day out so I figured I'd record and share!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QqYbjgrMY0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QqYbjgrMY0</a>

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 08:18:38 AM »

Great as always, point. I will never throw my sabers... Because I've never practiced it and because I can't...also affraid I could break it. And I cant do left handed...You are a master...

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 01:49:12 PM »

Thanks!  What I really like about this dominix is that no matter how I catch it the grip is comfortable.  The rings and emitter are aligned perfect for reverse grip or a normal grip.  I should really do a write up on this thing.

If you did decide to try it, I practiced tossing it from the hip at the end of an obi ani over and over until I understood how it moves.  Or try an empty blade.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 01:53:37 PM »

You, sir, are truly incredible.  It amazes me how not only can you spin that fast, but you can reverse your grip and even switch hands flawlessly, without missing a beat.  I'd probably smack myself in the head trying something like that.

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 02:40:50 PM »

You, sir, are truly incredible.  It amazes me how not only can you spin that fast, but you can reverse your grip and even switch hands flawlessly, without missing a beat.  I'd probably smack myself in the head trying something like that.

Been there, done that.  I actually stabbed myself in the eye full force doing a reverse grip obi ani once.

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 08:40:00 AM »

Thanks!  What I really like about this dominix is that no matter how I catch it the grip is comfortable.  The rings and emitter are aligned perfect for reverse grip or a normal grip.  I should really do a write up on this thing.

If you did decide to try it, I practiced tossing it from the hip at the end of an obi ani over and over until I understood how it moves.  Or try an empty blade.
The thing is I dont get to practice out door... Don't want to hit the seeling... lol...

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 04:02:49 PM »

Wow... you are just getting better and better in a cool casual confident way !  Shocked   Well done and deserved point.  Cool

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 04:09:19 PM »

The thing is I dont get to practice out door... Don't want to hit the seeling... lol...

Get outside and practice then brother!  There's nothing like the neighbors watching me walk out the door as Kylo Ren and practicing in the front yard.

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 05:34:48 PM »

Get outside and practice then brother!  There's nothing like the neighbors watching me walk out the door as Kylo Ren and practicing in the front yard.
I live in a flat...No yards here, I would have to go to a square in middle of the street...

My Lightsabers:

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2016, 11:13:42 PM »

I live in a flat...No yards here, I would have to go to a square in middle of the street...

I don't condone street sabering!  I hit up the parks in the evening sometimes because there's good lighting to practice.

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 02:03:52 AM »

That's some awesome spinning. I sympathize with the weather situation. While the heat hasn't been terrible, the humidity has been so high that everything is wet and slippery pretty much instantly. I was out trying to practice tonight and it amounted to falling saber practice. Oh well at least summer is almost over here and better practice weather should be on its way. Thanks for the video.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2016, 05:50:22 PM »

Nice!
And loved the see the wrecks in the background again! Cheesy

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 03:28:40 AM »

Very fluid. I dare say you have mastered most of what you know. Do you ever think about trying to pick up dual wield or staff though. I recall you did some a while back, but it might be worth a more thorough look. I find when I hit a wall and don't know where to go, the best thing for it is to try on a new tool or entirely different style. You learn things from a different tool that you can adapt and translate to the others that you know. Just a thought. If you ask me though, you are ready for more complex dual wield if you have the time to put in the work. As to the comment about learning throws, my advice is to get a grab bag beater saber and practice on the grass. You will find you can get a lot more daring, especially as the saber gets beat up and you have had to tape the battery pack back together a few times.

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 03:44:11 AM »

Very fluid. I dare say you have mastered most of what you know. Do you ever think about trying to pick up dual wield or staff though. I recall you did some a while back, but it might be worth a more thorough look. I find when I hit a wall and don't know where to go, the best thing for it is to try on a new tool or entirely different style. You learn things from a different tool that you can adapt and translate to the others that you know. Just a thought. If you ask me though, you are ready for more complex dual wield if you have the time to put in the work. As to the comment about learning throws, my advice is to get a grab bag beater saber and practice on the grass. You will find you can get a lot more daring, especially as the saber gets beat up and you have had to tape the battery pack back together a few times.

I'm always doing things, even if I don't show them here.  Staff is for sure a thing I'm working on.  Keep in mind I try to apply these skills to my cosplay and I've got a Nightwing costume in the works using a set of Escrima sticks that double as a staff.  The weather here is pretty ridiculous too, expect me to be trying more new things as the temperatures drop.

Also one of the main things I've been working on I showcased here.  Aerials and transition using reverse grip.  It's easy to take for granted watching me do it, but really it's not a thing I've done too often.

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 04:05:03 AM »

I can't wait to see you break out those escrima sticks. I feel you on the weather too. That and the travel is the main reason I don't post a lot right now either. When I was in SoCal recently, it was 125 degrees out. I did get in some spinning in the airport though. The main point I was making was to recommend dabbling as much as you possibly can. There is a lot more out there than single, dual, and staff and it is easy to miss that on a forum like this. There are short staffs, s-staffs, canes, batons, whips, poi, tri-staff, devil sticks, pins, darts, and a lot of others. If you page through on some of the channels people have you will find all kinds of odd stuff. There is a guy named flow warrior, from whom I am trying to figure out levitating saber, who has video of himself spinning a rice hat.

Kudoes on the reverse flips too, I did not notice the difference until I watched it back. It looked like you had been doing it for a long time.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: