Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: XTAR VC2 Plus  (Read 3296 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« on: October 02, 2016, 06:31:51 PM »

My Electrum Wind came with a free upgrade to this charger, and this thing is a beast!  I noticed my TrustFire Li-Ion batteries charge quickly, so I decided to try my Energizer Ni-MH batteries in the charger.  Using the Energizer charger, they take 10+ hours to charge.  Using the VC2 Plus, the same batteries have charged in a couple hours or less.  Now, that's what I call fast.  I love this charger!  Grin

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 07:36:33 PM »

Hi.  That's interesting information.  I thought that the v2 charger was for rechargeable Li-Ions only as that company does make a charger for regular charging  Alk/Nim  batteries.  Suggest that you double check out if that is okay to do safety wise.   Smiley

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 07:46:58 PM »

Hi.  That's interesting information.  I thought that the v2 charger was for rechargeable Li-Ions only as that company does make a charger for regular charging  Alk/Nim  batteries.  Suggest that you double check out if that is okay to do safety wise.   Smiley

The one I got says right on the box that it can be used for Li-ion, Ni-MH and Ni-CD batteries.  Plus, I looked at the manual to double check before trying to charge Ni-MH batteries with it.

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 08:25:14 PM »

He's right the new XTAR VC2 charges any thing, even you can put a big batterie in the slot 1 and it will drain that batterie to charge your mobile phone while youre out doors with no need to plug it any where... Brilliant...

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 09:11:39 PM »

I like the LED screen on it that tells you how many % the battery is currently charged, how much longer in time it will take to fully charge etc. Wonderful. I can throw out my other chargers now.  Cheesy

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 10:58:20 PM »

Good news.  Don't recall getting a box with my charger and am wondering if this is an upgraded version of the v2.  Smiley

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 01:32:40 AM »

Yeah, mine came in a box, so did the USB wall plug.

The full features and specifications are listed on the charger product page in the Parts section:

https://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/z-electronics-vc2-charger.htm

I like the LED screen on it that tells you how many % the battery is currently charged, how much longer in time it will take to fully charge etc.

It even shows which type of battery you're charging.  It's really a brilliant charger. Grin

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 01:57:07 AM »

Mystery solved.  My US XTAR with screens are the VP1.  I also purchased an expensive 4 battery VP4 from Amazon.  Again only for Li-Ion batteries.  So that is a wonderful free upgrade and even great for the small extra charge.  Must get one of those with next saber purchase.  Smiley

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 02:57:09 AM »

Yeah, I'm so glad I bought an Obsidian Premium saber while US was upgrading to these for free.  Otherwise, I'd have likely cheaped out and not gone with this one.  That would have been a shame, as I now know it's worth the money.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2016, 03:54:53 AM »

At one time not that long ago the VP1 was the upgraded charger.  The other one was basic with no screens or auto battery power charge correcting for dying cells ( or something like that  Wink ).   Smiley

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2016, 05:07:46 AM »

You've gotta love progress.  Smiley

And, that's the kind of thing some people might take for granted.  While they're going on and on about not having new sabers, UltraSabers is there upgrading other stuff that they don't even notice.

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2016, 04:12:45 AM »

Agreed SFD, the VC2 Plus is excellent . . . I got mine several months ago, and noticed my (supposed) fully charged Energizer Ni-MH (on their std charger) only showed an 80% charge on the VC2 Plus . . . I've since bought the 4 port VC4 (also charges Ni-MH batteries, sadly D7, the VP4 doesn't) and have a spare set of 4x AAA's ready to change over . . . . The ability to run these off 2.1A 5v USB is also a bonus . . .  Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2016, 01:47:52 PM »

That's an excellent point about supposedly charged batteries, JediXIX.  I've put some of my Energizers that were allegedly charged into my XBOX 360 controller before, only to have it start doing what it does (lights start flashing) when the batteries are low.  Roll Eyes  I'm willing to bet that won't be an issue with this charger.  In fact, I need to switch back to my wireless controller and a pair of those Energizers charged with the VC2 next time I play to see how long they last.  Cool

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: