Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 668960 times)
Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #540 on: December 09, 2016, 06:52:23 PM »

Well, I guess I may have read your post wrong.  As far as Ackbar or ST Han, you should go for whichever you are closer to unlocking/getting to 5 stars.  If you can manage both to 5*, even better.

Hehe, well, I'm 0/65 on both. I was thinking Ackbar for leader, but there's other Rebels with good leads too.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #541 on: December 09, 2016, 08:06:18 PM »

Hehe, well, I'm 0/65 on both. I was thinking Ackbar for leader, but there's other Rebels with good leads too.

Oh, well if you're 0/65 for both then it's a toss up.  Ackbar is a better Rebel leader than ST Han.  He's probably the best leader besides Lando.  Like I said, his speed bonus and tenacity are going to be useful for the Emperor.  However if you really need a better ST Han for Scoundrel events for credits and droids, you might go with him instead.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #542 on: December 09, 2016, 09:46:47 PM »

Oh yeah . . . full court press is on for The Emperor's Demise event.

Status check:

Lando Calrissian:  7 Star / Lvl 85 / Gear 11

Admiral Ackbar:  7 Star / Lvl 84 / Gear 9

Luke Skywalker:  7 Star / Lvl 84 / Gear 9

Princess Leia:  6 Star (55/100) / Lvl 84 / Gear 7

Han Solo:  6 Star (25/100) / Lvl 84 / Gear 8

I'll be set with Leia in time - but Han is a problem.

So I am trying to surge Biggs to 7 Star for that phase.  51/85 right now to 6 Star.

He's the easiest to mine with one Hard battle, Cantina battles, GW Shipments and now Fleet Shipments.

I'll get him there.  Smiley

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #543 on: December 09, 2016, 10:13:51 PM »

Oh, well if you're 0/65 for both then it's a toss up.  Ackbar is a better Rebel leader than ST Han.  He's probably the best leader besides Lando.  Like I said, his speed bonus and tenacity are going to be useful for the Emperor.  However if you really need a better ST Han for Scoundrel events for credits and droids, you might go with him instead.

I'm leaning towards Ackbar. I can always do the other later. Who are you using for leader?

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #544 on: December 09, 2016, 10:43:06 PM »

Oh yeah . . . full court press is on for The Emperor's Demise event.

Status check:

Lando Calrissian:  7 Star / Lvl 85 / Gear 11

Admiral Ackbar:  7 Star / Lvl 84 / Gear 9

Luke Skywalker:  7 Star / Lvl 84 / Gear 9

Princess Leia:  6 Star (55/100) / Lvl 84 / Gear 7

Han Solo:  6 Star (25/100) / Lvl 84 / Gear 8

I'll be set with Leia in time - but Han is a problem.

So I am trying to surge Biggs to 7 Star for that phase.  51/85 right now to 6 Star.

He's the easiest to mine with one Hard battle, Cantina battles, GW Shipments and now Fleet Shipments.

I'll get him there.  Smiley

You have more than 20 days until the Emperor event is over.  Lets say with Arena PvP you get 400 points(1 purchase) a day for daily ranking, which isn't too hard to do, and 200 a day for daily participation.  That's 1200 points every 2 days, or 3 purchases.  So multiply that 3 purchases by 10 days(to count every other day) and you get 30 purchases, and multiply that by 5(number of shards in a purchase) and you get 150 shards.  Well you only need 120 shards to finish Leia and ST Han, so you're good to go with a 5 man 7* squad before the event is done and that doesn't even count Biggs.  Him you can get 15 shards a day from GW alone.

I'm leaning towards Ackbar. I can always do the other later. Who are you using for leader?

Ackbar is a good choice, he is who I use as my Rebel leader.  My team will likely be as such:

Ackbar - 7*, Lvl 81, Gear IX

Leia - 7*, Lvl 81, Gear X

Biggs - 7*, Lvl 81, Gear VIII

Wedge - 7*, Lvl 81, Gear VIII

Hoth Rebel Scout - 7*, Lvl 81, Gear VIII

I also have as backup a couple more in case I need to do some shuffling around.

ST Han - 7*, Lvl 81, Gear IX

Luke - 7*, Lvl 81, Gear VIII

Last time I only made it to Tier 4, so I just missed getting him unlocked.  I was pretty pissed because I was only like 3 days away from getting Leia up to 5* where I could have taken him on and been able to unlock him at least.

This time I have no worries about doing Tier 5 and 6 to unlock him.  Tier 7 may provide a challenge and I might have to shuffle some of my guys, but I'm confident I'll get it finished.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #545 on: December 10, 2016, 12:05:48 AM »

What about Wedge? He has a good leader ability too.

Except I can't get him to 5*.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #546 on: December 10, 2016, 12:38:51 AM »

My EP team will be likely be in the 5* tier. It will be:

Ackbar (lead) 7*, gear level VIII.
Biggs 7*, gear level VIII.
Luke will be 6*, gear level VIII.
Leia 5* (maybe 6 by the time it is done), gear level VII (maybe VIII).
K-S2O will be 6*, gear level at least VII. I think he has the potential to be a stronger tank than ST Han.

I'll also have 5* Lobot (gear VIII) and ST Han (gear VII) in reserve to exchange out.

I'm also working on Wedge through ships. I plan to have him, Lando, and many of the others at 7* by the time it rolls around again. The event seems to be quarterly.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #547 on: December 10, 2016, 12:45:18 AM »

Well you only need 120 shards to finish Leia and ST Han, so you're good to go with a 5 man 7* squad before the event is done and that doesn't even count Biggs.  Him you can get 15 shards a day from GW alone.

Thanks but one little catch - it's not ST Han . . . it's regular Han Solo from the Rancor Raid. 

We're really good at that one now but we aren't gonna finish enough to get me to 7* in time for this - hence why I'm working Biggs up.

Hoping to also get Akbar to Gear 10 and Leia to Gear 9.  Han & Biggs will be Gear 8.

Akbar as Leader for sure.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #548 on: December 10, 2016, 03:32:17 AM »

So the upcoming tournament for Jyn says its for player level 50-59. So if I hit 60 before it starts, will I move up?

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #549 on: December 10, 2016, 07:04:25 AM »

So the upcoming tournament for Jyn says its for player level 50-59. So if I hit 60 before it starts, will I move up?

Yup.  And the 60's are fun.  I just hit 70 to leave them, which means I'll be facing a ton of level 79's....

No hope of getting too far in the Emperor event. Lando's the only one I've got at 5 star, Ackbar, Wedge, Biggs are 4, and Leia's only 3 (I just got her last week).  I should be able to get her to 4 by the event, maybe one of the others to 5, but I should be good to go for the next time.

I've elected to do the opposite of what it's meant for and use the ship shipments for character shards.  This helps with Wedge, Biggs, and Ackbar, as well as starring up Vader faster, and giving access to Maul and Grevious.  And it can help star up Mace and Jedi Consular for Yoda (because I don't have Barriss or Anakin yet). Is it the wisest decision? Probably not, but I've got so many things to work on that I've decided to put ships aside for the moment and work on characters.  I'm still in the top 20, so that's 3 purchases per day. If there's nothing useful available, then I wait for the next refresh.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #550 on: December 10, 2016, 12:01:08 PM »

Yup.  And the 60's are fun.  I just hit 70 to leave them, which means I'll be facing a ton of level 79's....

No hope of getting too far in the Emperor event. Lando's the only one I've got at 5 star, Ackbar, Wedge, Biggs are 4, and Leia's only 3 (I just got her last week).  I should be able to get her to 4 by the event, maybe one of the others to 5, but I should be good to go for the next time.

I've elected to do the opposite of what it's meant for and use the ship shipments for character shards.  This helps with Wedge, Biggs, and Ackbar, as well as starring up Vader faster, and giving access to Maul and Grevious.  And it can help star up Mace and Jedi Consular for Yoda (because I don't have Barriss or Anakin yet). Is it the wisest decision? Probably not, but I've got so many things to work on that I've decided to put ships aside for the moment and work on characters.  I'm still in the top 20, so that's 3 purchases per day. If there's nothing useful available, then I wait for the next refresh.

I don't think it's weird. That's what I'm using ships for, too. I'm getting ship shards only when there are no character shards I'm looking for in the shipsshipments section. That's helping me stay in the 100s, which gets me 1200 tokens each day. I'm primarily trying to get Wedge, Vader, and Grievous. If they're not there, I'll look for Fett and Mace.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #551 on: December 10, 2016, 03:05:31 PM »

I don't think it's weird. That's what I'm using ships for, too. I'm getting ship shards only when there are no character shards I'm looking for in the shipsshipments section. That's helping me stay in the 100s, which gets me 1200 tokens each day. I'm primarily trying to get Wedge, Vader, and Grievous. If they're not there, I'll look for Fett and Mace.

Yep . . . I've officially decided to sacrifice Ships for the greater good of everything else.  (Took me a while to truly commit to it.  Tongue )

Near term I am using them to finish my Vader to 7* (55/100 right now) and help get Biggs to 7* the Emperor Event.

Long term I'm using for all the others . . . Grievous, Maul & all the Clones (Rex, Echo & Cody).

Also still planning to save up for QGJ Zeta mats.  That's going to be next after Vader & Biggs.  Then work the other cool characters after that.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #552 on: December 10, 2016, 04:32:09 PM »

Why are they fun? I think I'd rather be at the top than the bottom, seeing how much depends on my ability to get her. . . at 5*.

-------

How do fleet battle shipments work? 'Cause I already have 32/65 for Wedge, so if I could get him to 5* for Palp's event, then I'm good to go. Provided I still get Jyn.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #553 on: December 10, 2016, 04:44:04 PM »

What about Wedge? He has a good leader ability too.

Except I can't get him to 5*.

His is good, but I still believe Ackbar's is better with Speed and Tenacity, plus the assist chance.

K-S2O will be 6*, gear level at least VII. I think he has the potential to be a stronger tank than ST Han.

Yeah, I think he's gonna be pretty good.

Thanks but one little catch - it's not ST Han . . . it's regular Han Solo from the Rancor Raid. 

We're really good at that one now but we aren't gonna finish enough to get me to 7* in time for this - hence why I'm working Biggs up.

Ohhh... I got ya.  We're doing Heroic Rancor too, but I only have 89/145 shards for him yet.

I've elected to do the opposite of what it's meant for and use the ship shipments for character shards.

Heh, wait until you hit the 80's brackets.  Level 85 teams with toons with 40K and 50K+ combined health and protection and a lot of power levels at 9k.  Stuff is just nuts.

I am thankful that when ships came out I had Wedge, Vader, and other tempting toons already finished.  I am content to keep using the Shard Shop for Grevious so I can keep working on my ship teams.  I've almost got a full set of 4 star ships already.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #554 on: December 10, 2016, 04:51:28 PM »

Heh, wait until you hit the 80's brackets.  Level 85 teams with toons with 40K and 50K+ combined health and protection and a lot of power levels at 9k.  Stuff is just nuts.

I am thankful that when ships came out I had Wedge, Vader, and other tempting toons already finished.  I am content to keep using the Shard Shop for Grevious so I can keep working on my ship teams.  I've almost got a full set of 4 star ships already.

Not cool.  Tongue

But how do they work? Is it like all the others when it's 400 of something for 5 shards? How many days would I need to get 33 Wedge shards?

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: