Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 669112 times)
Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #735 on: December 19, 2016, 09:37:41 PM »

This shard shop thing looks expensive. I'm thinking once I get Lumi to 7*, (1 1/2 - 2 weeks) I'll just keep buying their shards to convert. Thoughts?

I'd keep farming up the characters you think you'll need to be 7* before going for someone else in the shard shop. Grievous has gotten easier since he showed up in ships, but it's a long, long haul to get him.

Have you done the math on unlocking Grievous from the Shard Shop?

You might have a mortgage & children by the time you get him to 7*.

The conversion rate in there is TERRIBLE.  Only thing I do in there is buy the MK5 Furnaces when I need a few more to get to 50.

Skip it and get other chars from GW like 86, Resistance Pilot & Teebo to 7* instead.

I've gotten most of the characters I want from places, so I do the Shard Shop for certain things.  Still do Grievous shards in the shop since I usually spend my ship shards on ships.  Sometimes I spend my GW shards on ships, sometimes I spend them on character shards for the Shard Shop.  Just about done with characters I'm going to farm in the Cantina shop so those shards are gonna go to the Shard Shop.  PvP I need to finish Tarkin and then Nebit and then I'll start working on Shard Shop turn ins.  I'm in no hurry for Grievous now that I have K-2SO.  My droid squad is quite formidable now.  I played the long waiting game with Vader.  I got all of his shards from Achievements or the Shard Shop and got him all the way to 7*, so I have the patience for Grievous too.  I'm at 75/80 for him already, without help from Ships shop, so it's not like I'll be waiting much longer.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #736 on: December 20, 2016, 12:52:03 AM »

first character to L7 gear Kenobi
Grats :-)

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #737 on: December 20, 2016, 02:07:00 AM »

1 zarking shard from Anakin  Tongue

Cannot wait to unlock him in cantina.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #738 on: December 20, 2016, 02:10:47 AM »

Nothing new today. But a word of advice, if unlocking Shard Shop is your only motivation for getting someone to 7*, don't. It's really not that good and I have no expectations for getting anyone from it.

@LC, I got 10 Grevious shards from ships today.

Oh, and I also ranked #77 is Ship Arena today! And I haven't acquired any new ships, only have the ones from Fleet training. I've been spending cantina credits on ship building materials, but now that I almost have a level 60 fleet, I think it's time to go back to Qui-Gon.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #739 on: December 20, 2016, 08:19:15 AM »

got Dengar and Finn today, 5 shards from 4* QGJ and Eeth Koth. Wedge's  ship is pretty killer too.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #740 on: December 20, 2016, 03:33:30 PM »

Woohoo!  Credit heist today!  Man just yesterday I was saying that I REALLY needed a Credit Heist.

*Dances a little jig*

I got me a cool 10 million again.    Grin

Was just enough credits to promote my Ugnaught to 7*, then get all of my A-squad of Rebels(the ones I'll use against the Emperor), as well as my entire Droid squad(including Jawa Engineer) all to level 85. Had 41k left to spare, lol.

*in a Duke Nukem voice*  It's time to kick a$$ and chew gum, and I'm all outta gum.   Cool

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #741 on: December 20, 2016, 04:24:04 PM »

pretty sure that quote is Rowdy Roddy Piper from "they live"

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #742 on: December 20, 2016, 04:45:38 PM »

pretty sure that quote is Rowdy Roddy Piper from "they live"

Lol, yes it is.  I'm sure that's where they got it for Duke Nukem, plus some more quotes I believe.  I haven't seen that movie but once, and I've played Duke Nukem a lot more, so that's where I made the reference.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #743 on: December 20, 2016, 08:32:19 PM »

Got my Rebels ready & sitting on 7M Credits now so I can take Palpatine straight to level 85.  Smiley

If the Emperor is totally surrounded by Royal Guards, I might use Luke as my Leader for that Phase.

Him giving everyone +45% Tenacity will help a ton against all those debuffs.

Speed from Ackbar ain't gonna help if you are Stunned or have Speed Down on you . . . Luke as Lead has worked well in the Tank Raid against the barrage of debuffs Grievous inflicts.  It's not foolproof, but I get a LOT less negative status effects that way.

@DC - nice on the Grievous shards from ships & your rank!  I'm focused on finishing Vader & Darth Maul first for my Sith team (THAT will be awesome when completed) but will start working him after that from Fleet.  I'm starting to use Cantina rewards to cash in on Shard Shop to mine MK 5 Furnaces.  I need so many!  Speaking of . . .

Tip:  Do NOT save up to buy a full piece of Gear in Shard Shop!  A full is 6300 in Shop currency.  A 3 piece salvage drop is only 252 per. Multiply that by 17 to get 51 (most are 50 pieces to craft a whole one) and you only spend 4284.  That is 2000 less!  You can only convert so many shards a day if you are still building characters so just buy the 3s as they pop up. Eventually you will need those pesky Furnaces a lot more than additional characters.

@bigBear - If I were you I would totally focus on getting Qui Gon to 7*.  He is extremely useful and a really powerful QGJ will be a MASSIVE boost to you in everything.  I still view him as the MVP of my entire roster.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #744 on: December 20, 2016, 09:31:59 PM »

Got my Lando to 6*, and Ackbar to 5*
Only a handful of shards from unlocking Vader  Cheesy

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #745 on: December 20, 2016, 10:39:25 PM »

Got my Rebels ready & sitting on 7M Credits now so I can take Palpatine straight to level 85.  Smiley

If the Emperor is totally surrounded by Royal Guards, I might use Luke as my Leader for that Phase.

Him giving everyone +45% Tenacity will help a ton against all those debuffs.

Speed from Ackbar ain't gonna help if you are Stunned or have Speed Down on you . . . Luke as Lead has worked well in the Tank Raid against the barrage of debuffs Grievous inflicts.  It's not foolproof, but I get a LOT less negative status effects that way.

Ackbar does have some Tenacity in his leader skill, but it's only 10% compared to Luke's 45%.  However as long as Ackbar isn't the one stunned, he can purge all negative status effects, which you may want against the Emperor.

Also, you can spend some of those credits. Every phase of Emperor's Demise event is just like the Yoda event.  You get enough credits to upgrade his star levels along the way, and it's about 6.3-6.4 million credits to take a character from level 1-85.

I had considered saving my credits from the Heist today to do the same, but I thought it better to get some of my teams maxed out instead.  I'm sure I'll need it for 7* Emperor.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #746 on: December 20, 2016, 10:49:04 PM »

Yeah I have really nothing that pressing that I need to spend any of it (most of my good chars are already 84 or 85) and I also want to put some pricey mods on there as well.  So I'm just gonna hang on to it.  Would love to do 5 star Mods and those are really expensive to max out .  .  .

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #747 on: December 20, 2016, 10:53:48 PM »

Yeah I have really nothing that pressing that I need to spend any of it (most of my good chars are already 84 or 85) and I also want to put some pricey mods on there as well.  So I'm just gonna hang on to it.  Would love to do 5 star Mods and those are really expensive to max out .  .  .

Well, if you're going for 7* Emperor, you'll probably want all your Rebels to be 85.  Every last bit might help.

Yeah, 5* mods are super expensive at 22.5k an upgrade.  If you have them to throw at him, definitely give them to him, but upgrade each to blue first, then upgrade each to purple, then if you've still got the money, upgrade them to gold.  Sometimes it's better to get the mod to lvl 12 and see what all the stats are before you commit to equipping it or to pushing it the rest of the way to 15.  I think 12-15 costs about as much as 1-12.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #748 on: December 21, 2016, 12:54:36 AM »

Well, if you're going for 7* Emperor, you'll probably want all your Rebels to be 85.  Every last bit might help.

Already done, done, done, done & done.  Smiley

Only thing left is to get Ackbar to Gear 10 and add whatever else I can to the others.

Lando is 11, Ackbar will be 10, Luke & Leia are 9 and Biggs is stuck at 8 unless I get a Furnace in a Raid this week.

Pumped!

Handle the Mustache Connection of Lando & Biggs, the Royal Guards will not.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #749 on: December 21, 2016, 01:25:31 AM »

Already done, done, done, done & done.  Smiley

Only thing left is to get Ackbar to Gear 10 and add whatever else I can to the others.

Lando is 11, Ackbar will be 10, Luke & Leia are 9 and Biggs is stuck at 8 unless I get a Furnace in a Raid this week.

Pumped!

Handle the Mustache Connection of Lando & Biggs, the Royal Guards will not.

And of you had an elite Wedge...ouch!

I don't think you'll need everyone to be that high, unless they've tweaked the event. Remember what the gear and player level maxes were when they first unleashed the event. My 7* Yoda had everyone at level 70-72, gear level 7 or 8, and I didn't lose anyone.

Yes, the EP event will be tougher, but it was designed to be for lower levels, and I imagine it's still setup the same way. That's just my guess, though.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with having a team like that at your regular disposal for GW, mod challenges, mod battles, etc., so I imagine you'll be happy you invested in it long after you've acquired EP. I applaud you, LC.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: