Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 669348 times)
Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #990 on: January 03, 2017, 01:13:04 AM »

LOL!  This^^.  Smiley Grin

That has the potential to be quite expensive.

-1 DC

Restraint is needed for this game at times.  Cheesy

I wouldn't be so mean to my phone if it couldn't take it.  I have a tough case and I also have a shatterproof screen.

Smart. My tablet couldn't take it, but it's well worth the bigger screen.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #991 on: January 03, 2017, 01:46:27 AM »

The Jawa event is a complete dud! Two tries. Total. Thank you, EA, for the 2 Jawa shards.  Angry

I just faced a brutal GW table. I beat it, and I finished with my A Team intact plus 4 toons left on my roster. 4 junk toons. Whew!

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #992 on: January 03, 2017, 02:04:44 AM »

You know what I hate? How Crackling Doom can't kill. I beat so many toons down to the point that they have no visible health, and than I have to waste an attack on them.  Sad

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #993 on: January 03, 2017, 02:09:27 AM »

You know what I hate? How Crackling Doom can't kill. I beat so many toons down to the point that they have no visible health, and than I have to waste an attack on them.  Sad

Things like that are why I often save an AoE attack in reserve. It helps finish off someone who is stealth or if someone is really low and another just taunted. That way, I don't feel like I'm wasting an attack.

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #994 on: January 03, 2017, 02:45:06 AM »

The Jawa event is a complete dud! Two tries. Total. Thank you, EA, for the 2 Jawa shards.  Angry

I just faced a brutal GW table. I beat it, and I finished with my A Team intact plus 4 toons left on my roster. 4 junk toons. Whew!

Well, you do get two more tomorrow.

Let's see, I have HK, IG-86 and IG-100.  And that's all the droids I have.  And IG-100 is rated higher than IG-86.... No so more whining from anyone about the Jawa event.  I'm willing to bet there are a couple of others here at least who are even worse off than I am.  Oh, what's also funny is that I got 2 Jawa shards and a Jawa Engineer shard.   Cheesy

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #995 on: January 03, 2017, 02:54:10 AM »

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #996 on: January 03, 2017, 02:57:03 AM »

Well, you do get two more tomorrow.

Let's see, I have HK, IG-86 and IG-100.  And that's all the droids I have.  And IG-100 is rated higher than IG-86.... No so more whining from anyone about the Jawa event.  I'm willing to bet there are a couple of others here at least who are even worse off than I am.  Oh, what's also funny is that I got 2 Jawa shards and a Jawa Engineer shard.   Cheesy

It's how it was promoted and setup. Events are supposed to be where you get something rare, and you get several shots at it to get a lot of it. In the rewards section, it listed 1-3 shards for a whole list of different Jawas as rewards at each level. In the end, me and all the other members of my guild that I've talked to ended up with 2 total shards.

That's not an event, though. It's essentially nothing. I could've gotten more shards through normal game play on one level. And I spent a lot of gear and credits, because my 100 was at level 1 all the way around. What a waste.

Rapine, what's up?

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #997 on: January 03, 2017, 03:06:07 AM »

Oh sorry that was kind of for you.

Plus Vivectius has HK.  Tongue

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #998 on: January 03, 2017, 03:15:40 AM »

Oh sorry that was kind of for you.

Plus Vivectius has HK.  Tongue

Lol.

I'm really not that mad about it. It's just sort of a head scratcher. Like, "That's it? Really?"

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #999 on: January 03, 2017, 03:38:47 AM »

*chucks his phone* 

ARG!!!  Freaking stupid as hell teams...

I made it to 180 in the tournament and then got shoved back out over 200 in the last minute.  I hate seeing all these damn pay to win teams in high ranks.  People that have 7* Baze, Churrit, Jyn, Shoretrooper, or General Kenobi, etc....

That is exactly why I said I am waiting until I have a MINIMUM of 500,000 Ally Points and there is someone I REALLY want before I seriously do one of these again.

I've been spending a small amount each Tourney just to get some quick credits.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1000 on: January 03, 2017, 04:41:59 AM »

Thought I'd pop in and remind all you experienced players what node 12 of GW used to be. (Yes, I can be that mean, I'm a sith Tongue)

Today I've got Chewie, QGJ, Jawa, Geo Soldier, JC. All gear 8 and level 70, with Chewie the exception. He's Gear 7 and only lvl 64, also he's leader. The result is. . . . . .

Wow, I'm impressed! It's been many Wars since I've had a casualty, and they actually managed to kill Lumi on that last battle.  Grin

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #1001 on: January 03, 2017, 05:05:00 AM »

Smart. My tablet couldn't take it, but it's well worth the bigger screen.

I have a tablet, I just don't use it when I'm playing frustrating games.

The Jawa event is a complete dud! Two tries. Total. Thank you, EA, for the 2 Jawa shards.  Angry

You'll get 2 more tries tomorrow.

It's how it was promoted and setup. Events are supposed to be where you get something rare, and you get several shots at it to get a lot of it. In the rewards section, it listed 1-3 shards for a whole list of different Jawas as rewards at each level. In the end, me and all the other members of my guild that I've talked to ended up with 2 total shards.

That's not an event, though. It's essentially nothing. I could've gotten more shards through normal game play on one level. And I spent a lot of gear and credits, because my 100 was at level 1 all the way around. What a waste.

That part is true.  The event was not set up well.  It should have been more like how they did K-2SO.  You get 1 shot at each tier, and each tier is harder than the last.  You get done what you are capable of doing and that's that.  Then you get another day of doing the same thing.  Then at least that would be something useful.  You are correct, the number of shards you get from 2 tries each day for 2 days is a joke.  The bonus tier is pretty much unbeatable too.  One of my guildies has a absolute murderous droid crew and he was able to beat Tier 6 without much trouble(still had protection on all his droids after 3 rounds) and then gets smoked on the Bonus Tier.  Obviously the scaling of difficulties between the levels is off.  If you can get 3 stars on the previous tier you should be able to get at least 1 star on the next, but the scaling is so off you have no chance.

That is exactly why I said I am waiting until I have a MINIMUM of 500,000 Ally Points and there is someone I REALLY want before I seriously do one of these again.

I've been spending a small amount each Tourney just to get some quick credits.

Heh, you don't seem to understand.  I had over 300k ally points.  It wouldn't have mattered if I'd had 500k.  I only spent about 40k.  Besides I did REALLY want Vader's TIE.  I do REALLY want to be able to do Tarkin's next challenge so I can get to the next tier of ship training mats.  Omega and Zeta materials.

The point I was trying to make, in the midst of my frustration was I was running into teams I had no hope at all of beating, even with my most elite squads.  The squads you'd see are ones that are loaded with 5* mods and that are geared for speed. They smoked 1 or 2 members of my fastest squads before I even got a shot off.  Most of these squads had things like EP, Vader, Shoretrooper and RG.  Plenty of others had Lando and Wiggs all maxed out.  Other squads were loaded with an assortment of Jyn, Baze or Chirrut.  You might make a dent in part of their squad, but you couldn't win.  In order to gain serious points you squad has to survive.  Once you get to rank 300 or so you get like 3 points for a kill and 7 points for a survivor.  Your progress slows to a crawl as you hunt for a team you can hopefully beat.  At the 200 level I could hardly find anybody I could beat, and I was already running into squads that had some of the new meta characters that are crazy powerful.

Pretty sure I'm gonna have to get B2 after I finish Lando.  Some of these new squads will be unbeatable without B2's ability to clear buffs and constantly counter when your team takes damage.

Thought I'd pop in and remind all you experienced players what node 12 of GW used to be. (Yes, I can be that mean, I'm a sith Tongue)

*kicks some sand in your face*

Oops....    Tongue

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1002 on: January 03, 2017, 05:16:07 AM »

I have a tablet, I just don't use it when I'm playing frustrating games.

*kicks some sand in your face*

Oops....    Tongue

Well, it's a 4" screen or a 9.7" screen. There's no choice in my mind.

Hehe. Point for the smile.  Smiley

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #1003 on: January 03, 2017, 05:30:53 AM »

Interesting suggestions DC.  If only there was a 'training' area you could test teams out in eh.
Also, won GW today, which keeps my '1 out of 3' record in tact  Tongue

Yeah, the Jawa event was a major disappointment!  I spent limited resources getting a small droid team ready for it, and I wish I hadn't bothered.  What a waste.

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1004 on: January 03, 2017, 05:42:44 AM »

Interesting suggestions DC.  If only there was a 'training' area you could test teams out in eh.
Also, won GW today, which keeps my '1 out of 3' record in tact  Tongue

Yeah, the Jawa event was a major disappointment!  I spent limited resources getting a small droid team ready for it, and I wish I hadn't bothered.  What a waste.

Well, normal LS and DS battles could work as "training". Also around the middle to end of GW.

Anyways, I got lucky by pulling Wedge from a Chromium Card, so I've had good experiences with Rebels. Wedge's lead can keep a Rebel squad alive for a while cause it heals them on a crit and even more on a kill.

I don't even have 3 droids to use.

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: