Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 669417 times)
Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #1080 on: January 08, 2017, 03:59:06 PM »

Wow! That node 12 just wasn't going to happen.

Teebo lead
Rey
QGJ
RG
Ewok Elder

All level 85, and RG, Teebo, and Elder had crazy health stats. Of those 3, the lowest health or protection stat was 27,000. The highest was 47,000, and that's not combined. That was an individual health or protection, so each toon's combined health and protection was at least 60,000. Two of them were over 70,000.

By the time I whittled anyone down, RG did his thing, then Elder would just heal everyone back into green. Which just gave RG another taunt if I went back to that toon. If I could go back, considering how often they went stealth. Ok, take out RG. No good. Elder just revives him. Can't take out Elder, because of stealth and RG's taunt on top of his heal. No GW win for me today.

They got eaten up. So did my Rebels. And my Jedi B team. And my throw aways.

When you are up against that high level of stats in relation to my stats, it's sometimes about taking them down little by little. When that toon then goes stealth, you have to try someone else. Then EE would heal, bringing them all back up, or RG would taunt, and then it would start all over with him. That just gave EE time to recharge his heal. I was able to take out RG, but then he just got revived. I also did the same to Rey, but when she revived, she was in yellow, which just triggered RG's taunt. Which gave EE time to heal.

That also gave Rey time for her multi attack to recharge, and if I got any buffs, QGJ would hit his special and give everyone offense up. And, well, we know what that does to Rey.

It was a vicious cycle no matter which team I used or which toon I attacked.

Gotta send in at least one squad to whittle their protection down.  You focus on wearing down EE and RG.  Stealth can work against RG because it nullifies his taunt, or it forces him to come out of stealth so you can beat him up.  That first squad is probably gonna get ripped pretty good.  The next squad you send in needs to be able to remove buffs.  At least need to be able to remove RG's taunt, like QGJ or Mace, and possibly the whole team.  I have Asajj for that, but others probably don't.  B2 is another, but I don't even have him yet.  The other option is you send in a buff blocker like JKA who if you hit RG now he can't taunt at all.  Gotta focus down EE because you won't get anywhere against a toon that has 2 rezzes.  After EE is dead, then you can try taking out Rey, but you may have to whittle down RG still.  Ability blocker toons are good to have too, like Boba and IG-88, as they can keep the rest of the team pinned down on using specials.  Their other bonus is they do some good AOE which helps whittle those toons that are in stealth.  

You could send in a team like EP, Vader, Sid, RG and Boba and even the stealthers won't be safe with all the AOE.  I'd still send in a squad or 2 first to soften up the group.  Then with Vader and Boba you once you have a line of debuffs stacked you can just wait for a toon to have like 3/4 heath and then just end them with one of their finishing moves.  If you can make it be Boba, that toon can't be rezzed, period.  EE can heal and rez until he's blue in the face, but Boba makes it perma-death.  If you don't have EE to worry about, or if it's EE you're gonna kill, you could use Vader's.  His finisher hits for 50% more for every debuff on the target while Boba's hits for 30% more for every debuff on the target.  So if you're worried about a killing blow and aren't worrying about a rez then Vader is probably gonna hit harder and be more likely to get the job done.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1081 on: January 08, 2017, 04:12:54 PM »

Yeah, I tried the EE and RG strategy. I think if I had taken out EE with my best team firat, my other teams may have combined to take out the rest. The problem was that I didn't go in that order. I sent in garbage to take out their specials and then sent in my weaker teams to whittle them down. My hope was that my A Team could've beat them if they were weaker. It didn't work. If I run into something like that in the future, I'll try going in the other order.

EDIT:

I was able to get Boba up to 7* today, so that's a win. I have to up his stats, though. I'm now onto Lando on the Cantina.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #1082 on: January 08, 2017, 10:26:10 PM »

Yeah, I tried the EE and RG strategy. I think if I had taken out EE with my best team firat, my other teams may have combined to take out the rest. The problem was that I didn't go in that order. I sent in garbage to take out their specials and then sent in my weaker teams to whittle them down. My hope was that my A Team could've beat them if they were weaker. It didn't work. If I run into something like that in the future, I'll try going in the other order.
Ouch.  Just ouch.  Hate it when RNG gives you an uber epic team of BS to beat in GW.

I was able to get Boba up to 7* today, so that's a win. I have to up his stats, though. I'm now onto Lando on the Cantina.
Noice!
I'm currently working on my Lando too.  He's 50/100 to being my second 7*
Didn't get a single RG or Ahsoka shard yesterday    Undecided  I swear, the moment you need less than 5 shards.... *shakes fist*

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #1083 on: January 08, 2017, 10:37:36 PM »

So true about only needing a few shards.

I think if I had a strong Lando, that last node today would've been different. My rebel squad did a good amount of damage, but Lando's special would've been able to attack EE and RG even with taunt and stealth.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #1084 on: January 09, 2017, 12:31:19 AM »

I think if I had a strong Lando, that last node today would've been different. My rebel squad did a good amount of damage, but Lando's special would've been able to attack EE and RG even with taunt and stealth.

Especially with Ackbar enabling Mustache Massacre twice in one turn.

I just wrecked a level 80+ Clone squad in the Arena.

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #1085 on: January 09, 2017, 03:23:40 AM »

Hey soul what's your ally code?

DC: Clone teams are good and powerful but should never be set as overnight squads. you drop way too fast. Also all that gear 10 and 11 talk, well, haha Tongue Anyways Iv'e almost got biggs and liea to 7*.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1086 on: January 09, 2017, 05:28:03 AM »

That was a good chat, wasn't expecting it.

Happy to say that I'm actually holding my own against these level 80 arena teams. I somehow managed to take out Ackbar lead, ST Han, Leia, and Wiggs. Nope, not joking. Just now I opened Arena, just looking to headstart on getting 3 battles finished cause I'm gone till evening tomorrow. I randomly choose HK lead, 86, Lumi, Savage, and Fives. All gear 9-10. Apparently I somehow beat that too. I think my team works, and once I get Maul to Gear 8, maybe a few health mods, I have a solid 5th member instead of switching around depending who I'm against.

In other news, 6* Wedge today! Also Gear 7 Maul, need one more piece for 8!

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #1087 on: January 09, 2017, 08:18:33 AM »

got Leia 4* resistance x-wing 3*

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #1088 on: January 09, 2017, 05:17:29 PM »

https://swgoh.gg/characters/boba-fett/gear/
Look at gears 8-11. All of those orange gear are raid gear. And I was hoping to build that team. Anybody know of some leader abilities that benefit the whole squad regardless of type. Like bob fetts ability. Preferably a moderate to high damage character

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #1089 on: January 09, 2017, 06:27:51 PM »

https://swgoh.gg/characters/boba-fett/gear/
Look at gears 8-11. All of those orange gear are raid gear. And I was hoping to build that team. Anybody know of some leader abilities that benefit the whole squad regardless of type. Like bob fetts ability. Preferably a moderate to high damage character

Actually only Gear 10-11 is orange gear, but yes Gear 8 and up is considered "Raid gear".  You can get them outside of Raid too.

IG-88 benefits any group and he is definitely a high damage character.  He and Boba are probably the biggest 2 for high damage characters that affect a whole group.  There are others like Chewie, ST Han, Luke, but they are defensive boosts.  Of course there are several that affect some types more, and then everybody else like half as much.  Boba Fett lead, IG-88, and Dengar are a dangerous trio because they share Scoundrel and BH synergies.  You could choose how else to fill out the group.  Chewie is a great addition as a tank that can heal himself and is a Scoundrel.  You could also add Greedo cuz he has thermal detonators, but you could put Cad too if you liked.

On an unrelated note, this 4 ship shard thing from the ship store is complete BS!  It needs to be 5 shards, like everything else.  If you're gonna make ships take *5 shards to unlock or level up then your shards should come in increments of 5.  I just unlocked Darth Maul(yay!) and then went to the ship store and found more shards for his ship(yay!), but I was 1 short of unlocking it...  Curse you EA!

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #1090 on: January 09, 2017, 10:08:40 PM »

Yeah I'm kinda baffled by that myself Krace, glad I'm not the only one.

RG to 5* today
Ahsoka to 5* as well, giving me my 5* team for Yoda  Grin

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1091 on: January 10, 2017, 01:20:41 AM »

Okay, what?! Just making the rounds, I find a Gear 8-9, level 80 Arena team, (I'm 69, most toons not that high)

Phasma, (lead), First Order TIE pilot, and get this, Rey, EP, QGJ. How did I win? I'm not sure how it's possible.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #1092 on: January 10, 2017, 01:55:52 AM »

Well done, DC. One thing I've noticed is that mix and match teams that are high powered like that are easier to take down than a high powered team that has lots of synergy. My rebel team will regularly wallop a team that's a few thousand points higher than mine. If you find one in the arena, it has the chance to be a good fight in your favor, unless they're all maxed out and crazy high, which also happens.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1093 on: January 10, 2017, 02:21:41 AM »

Promoted Ahsoka, her ship, and GS...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #1094 on: January 10, 2017, 03:15:52 AM »

With a DS team that can really pile on the debuffs, Vader's culling blade and Boba's execute, as well as 88's critical damage boost on debuffed opponents, you can really knock a team down quickly. Add in EP's and RG's stun...that's a pretty devastating team.

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: