Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 669170 times)
Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #1350 on: January 24, 2017, 02:25:31 AM »

There's a pack of 8 Shoretrooper shards on my shipments menu atm.  Even I'm tempted.

Hmmm, the max amount of shards I've seen in Shipments is 4.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #1351 on: January 24, 2017, 02:44:04 AM »

You just reminded me. I'm casually starring up my Rebels in anticipation of EP's next event. What Gear level am I going to need to beat tier 7? I'm guessing 8 won't cut it.

I'm thinking at least 9, probably 10 and toon level 85. That will be my goal. Well see if it happens. If I have to wait two more times around, I will.

I suspected as much. Although going all the way and having a flippin' awesome Rebel team couldn't hurt.

Oh you should be fine.  The EP event really wasn't that hard.  I had 5 Rebels that were 85 and all at least Gear 8 and it was easy.  The event I think was originally designed for level 80, so this time around I mowed him down.

It's one thing I definitely feel like my strategy is spot on. I know it's slowing me down in other areas, but from what I read in the guild chat, it gets to the point where you need Herculean teams. Teamsssssss. Maxed droids, Ewoks, multiple Jedi teams, an Empire team, other DS teams, a Rebel team or 2, and even scoundrels. All that just to feel confident in your ability to take out node 12 on a regular basis.

It may be slowing me down in other areas, but it will save me time in the long run.

Well, they seemed to have toned it back for a bit, at least for me.  I haven't had any GW nodes that have taken more than 2 teams to finish lately.  Of course I do have some pretty killer teams, but for the most part it's been bearable.  For a time it was insanely hard and sometimes I couldn't finish even with all my teams.  Though some in my guild are running into teams with Bariss and Chaze, which means forget it and turn around and walk away.

Apparently people are now bringing back Asajj or leaning heavily on B2 to help them past those teams.  B2 on a droid team is pretty brutal.

There's a pack of 8 Shoretrooper shards on my shipments menu atm.  Even I'm tempted.

Hmmm, the max amount of shards I've seen in Shipments is 4.

Maybe it's two 4's

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1352 on: January 24, 2017, 02:53:09 AM »

Oh you should be fine.  The EP event really wasn't that hard.  I had 5 Rebels that were 85 and all at least Gear 8 and it was easy.  The event I think was originally designed for level 80, so this time around I mowed him down.

Maybe it's two 4's

That's relieving to hear. I was worried I'd need a maxed out team, cause I heard tier 7 was really tough. I'm planning to run Wiggs, Lando, Ackbar, and Leia. Probably with Wedge leading. His lead can partially make up for the lack of a healer.

He said a pack of 8.

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #1353 on: January 24, 2017, 03:17:05 AM »

Oh it was a pack of 8.  I'd never seen an 8-pack of anything before, that's why it caught my attention.  There was a 6-pack of Baze shards yesterday  Shocked

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #1354 on: January 24, 2017, 03:26:36 AM »

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1355 on: January 24, 2017, 03:42:06 AM »

Interesting. I've never seen 6 or 8. With that many crystals I say go for it.

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #1356 on: January 24, 2017, 03:53:02 AM »

Eh, I save my crystals like it's a full time job.

I'm planning to run Wiggs, Lando, Ackbar, and Leia. Probably with Wedge leading. His lead can partially make up for the lack of a healer.

Ackbar's ability, It's a Trap!, is also a great team heal when fighting a debuff team, which you would be against EP I assume.  I've brought my whole team from less than 50% health to full with that when fighting Vader/Boba teams in arena.  I'm already working on getting Wedge, and he'll probably replace Lumi on my A-team some day.

Don't lie, you all read that character ability in his voice  Cool

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1357 on: January 24, 2017, 04:16:10 AM »

Eh, I save my crystals like it's a full time job.

Ackbar's ability, It's a Trap!, is also a great team heal when fighting a debuff team, which you would be against EP I assume.  I've brought my whole team from less than 50% health to full with that when fighting Vader/Boba teams in arena.  I'm already working on getting Wedge, and he'll probably replace Lumi on my A-team some day.

Don't lie, you all read that character ability in his voice  Cool

For what?

It is great, but I find I don't get a prime use out of it very often. Normally when I really need it one of the debuffs going around is Ability Block, and he usually has it too. Cheesy

Nope, I actually didn't.

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #1358 on: January 24, 2017, 04:20:44 AM »

Hah, for the same reason people save health pots in games... for just in case (read: no good reason).

Yeah, nothing sucks more than an ocean of debuffs and Ackbar being ability blocked.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1359 on: January 24, 2017, 11:39:38 AM »

Promoted QGJ and TFP...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1360 on: January 24, 2017, 04:16:25 PM »

Oh you should be fine.  The EP event really wasn't that hard.  I had 5 Rebels that were 85 and all at least Gear 8 and it was easy.  The event I think was originally designed for level 80, so this time around I mowed him down.

Well, they seemed to have toned it back for a bit, at least for me.  I haven't had any GW nodes that have taken more than 2 teams to finish lately.  Of course I do have some pretty killer teams, but for the most part it's been bearable.  For a time it was insanely hard and sometimes I couldn't finish even with all my teams.  Though some in my guild are running into teams with Bariss and Chaze, which means forget it and turn around and walk away.

Apparently people are now bringing back Asajj or leaning heavily on B2 to help them past those teams.  B2 on a droid team is pretty brutal.

Maybe it's two 4's

Yeah, after running into B2 in the tank raid, I suddenly realized I needed him. He'll be the last droid I farm for them, though. I have GG, 86, 88, and JE, but I need HK for his lead. I'll get him after I finish starring up 88, then I'll star and gear them all up while working on unlocking B2. I'll at least have a strong team at that point, and when I get B2, I can plug him in if I need debuffs.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1361 on: January 24, 2017, 05:15:42 PM »

If I don't watch it I won't have a tablet anymore. Stupid tier 3 of Droid Smuggling! If I had Wedge's lead I'd easily beat it. Or a wicked fast Lando. . . . . .

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1362 on: January 24, 2017, 05:19:17 PM »

If I don't watch it I won't have a tablet anymore. Stupid tier 3 of Droid Smuggling! If I had Wedge's lead I'd easily beat it. Or a wicked fast Lando. . . . . .

Wedge isn't a scoundrel, so he can't even be in the heists, let alone be the lead.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1363 on: January 24, 2017, 05:28:41 PM »

Wedge isn't a scoundrel, so he can't even be in the heists, let alone be the lead.

I know, that's why I said "if".

But by temporarily stealing EP's speed mod and giving it to Lando so he could unleash Mustache Massacre even more proved to be the needed boost. I beat it, granted, I only got 1 star on it, but I did get the maximum amount of droids possible, so that'll help a lot.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #1364 on: January 24, 2017, 06:01:42 PM »

Lol, don't do that.  I just found that while my phone's screen is shatterproof, the internals can still take a beating.  Had to have it warranty replaced.  No visible damage so didn't cost me anything.

If you think Tier 3 is bad, Tier 4 they REALLY crank it up.  4-5 guys on every round, they are all very fast, and almost every one of them has an AOE, either guns or grenades.  Boba Fett is the best leader for Scoundrel events, especially if you have other Bounty Hunters with him like IG-88 and Dengar.

Yeah, after running into B2 in the tank raid, I suddenly realized I needed him. He'll be the last droid I farm for them, though. I have GG, 86, 88, and JE, but I need HK for his lead. I'll get him after I finish starring up 88, then I'll star and gear them all up while working on unlocking B2. I'll at least have a strong team at that point, and when I get B2, I can plug him in if I need debuffs.

Yeah, HK makes the whole droid team click.  Also, once you get B2, you'll probably want to dump Grievous.  He can be pretty brutal himself, but he can put a random taunt on one of your team. This wouldn't be too bad on HK, B2, or K-2SO cuz they are beefy, but IG-86 or 88, or Jawa Eng are not so much.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: