Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 669246 times)
Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #1635 on: February 13, 2017, 01:33:27 AM »

Thanks for the info. I think I had read that somewhere, too.

Here's the thing, though. The F2P people have to wait 3 months before even being able to get or successfully farm those characters? That doesn't really help. We just fall farther behind while those who pay buy up the crystals and packs. I'm willing to bet I encounter a near maxed out Krennic and DT in GW before I have the chance to get mine up to 4*, because the P2W players have been buying the citadel pack like it's their job.

And gear level 12? I'm also willing to bet that we'll start seeing Mk 7 gear pieces, and guess how many we'll need to get to fill a gear slot? Probably 50 of three different pieces per slot for multiple slots on multiple toons.

I'm glad they're trying to do something, but they aren't really solving the problem. I may need to have to bow out at some point, too. It shouldn't take me a month to fill a gear slot, because I need 50 Mk 5 furnace pieces, but I can't get them except through the incredible generosity of my guild. Two per day is all I can possibly get. All the meanwhile, I lose ground because of it.
That''s all they've really said so there could be something else in the works. And keep in mind that you can purchase Mk5 Furnaces for 1400 crystals or 6300 shard shop tokens I've done both. I'm F2P and I've learned that tier 5 raids are your friend with furnaces. We finish them within 24 hours and keep them going as much as possible.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1636 on: February 13, 2017, 01:40:19 AM »

That''s all they've really said so there could be something else in the works. And keep in mind that you can purchase Mk5 Furnaces for 1400 crystals or 6300 shard shop tokens I've done both. I'm F2P and I've learned that tier 5 raids are your friend with furnaces. We finish them within 24 hours and keep them going as much as possible.

I know that, too. It just takes me a long time to get to that point. And then other people need them, too. It's just a brutal climb. It's demoralizing.

My guild only does heroic rancor raids on order to get Han Solo shards. I've gotten quite a few of them from those raids, but it's hit or miss.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

« Reply #1637 on: February 13, 2017, 03:32:31 AM »

I know that, too. It just takes me a long time to get to that point. And then other people need them, too. It's just a brutal climb. It's demoralizing.

My guild only does heroic rancor raids on order to get Han Solo shards. I've gotten quite a few of them from those raids, but it's hit or miss.
Direct from the devs.

Hello, holotable heroes!
I’m dropping by to let you all know about some upcoming changes to the way we release characters.

As you are no doubt aware, we have been using a new event structure to introduce new characters into the game. We’re really excited for you all to experience the upcoming Lord of Hunger event and hope you’ve enjoyed playing with Director Krennic and Deathtrooper in the Special Operations event. There’s been some questions floating around about when you can get more shards for these characters. Is this a recurring event? Will these characters be available on the board?

Fret no more, answers are here!

Our current plan is to have nearly all of our new characters (aside from some VERY special characters which we plan to release through “Yoda-styled” events) released through the new event structure for the near future.

The intention behind the new event structure is:

Give new character releases the pomp and circumstance they deserve.
Release new characters more regularly to keep the game fresh.
Get the characters into your hands!
Additionally, for those of you that are able to complete the events and are so inclined to purchase packs, the events will enable you to progress part of the way to their 7 star version for free.

After the end of these events, we are going to wait for approximately four to six week to move the characters to Chromium packs and/or relevant Category packs and/or the Shard Shop (we’re still designing this part of the deployment).

From there, after another four to six weeks characters will move to either a Shipment or a node on the Light, Dark, or Cantina Battle tables

To be clear, all characters from an event will move together at the same time, so Director Krennic and Deathtrooper will both go into the Chromium at the same time (when they move there) AND to the board (when they move there later on).
As such, you can expect any new characters to end up on the board within two to three months.

We’re working on the timing of these phases and hope we’re able to get this down to clockwork sooner, rather than later.

We’re going to be monitoring your feedback and the data as it comes in on these events and make the appropriate tunings to bring you the best experience we can. Please bear with us as we go through the next few tuning passes and lock down our schedule.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #1638 on: February 13, 2017, 04:25:04 AM »

Keep in mind guys, this is EA we are talking about.  They are a money slurping machine.  Think about Battlefront.  They put out a game that was like $60 or $80, had no campaign/story mode, and then wanted you to pony up another $60 for a season pass.  Plus you can pay for unlockables in the game.  They also run SWTOR, another game that takes money.  They really only listen to the people that put money into the game, and those are the P2P players.  From your average crystal buyer to your whale that blows huge amounts on packs.  If they don't keep the game rolling for them, they stop making money from them.  Sadly the rest get left in the dust.

I will not be quitting anytime soon, but those of you that are considering it, I can't say I blame you.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1639 on: February 13, 2017, 04:37:09 AM »

Keep in mind guys, this is EA we are talking about.  They are a money slurping machine.  Think about Battlefront.  They put out a game that was like $60 or $80, had no campaign/story mode, and then wanted you to pony up another $60 for a season pass.  Plus you can pay for unlockables in the game.  They also run SWTOR, another game that takes money.  They really only listen to the people that put money into the game, and those are the P2P players.  From your average crystal buyer to your whale that blows huge amounts on packs.  If they don't keep the game rolling for them, they stop making money from them.  Sadly the rest get left in the dust.

I will not be quitting anytime soon, but those of you that are considering it, I can't say I blame you.

If I do quit, it won't be for a while. It's just hard to catch up. I'm still trying to get most of my toons up to gear 9, let alone 12.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #1640 on: February 13, 2017, 04:56:49 AM »

I am (mostly) F2P. I usually have the pack that gives 100 crystals a day going. I use them to buy the Mk V furnaces in Shipments so I don't have to collect all the pieces. Grin

I've gotten 2 so far, Lando and ST Han. Next ones probably for Lumi.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1641 on: February 13, 2017, 05:13:44 AM »

If I do quit, it won't be for a while. It's just hard to catch up. I'm still trying to get most of my toons up to gear 9, let alone 12.

I know how you feel.  It's taken me quite some time to progress this far.  I only just now have 4 toons at Gear 11, though I have another 14 at Gear 10.  Hoping that Gear 11 will start to progress faster if my guild can get into Heroic Tank.

I am (mostly) F2P. I usually have the pack that gives 100 crystals a day going. I use them to buy the Mk V furnaces in Shipments so I don't have to collect all the pieces. Grin

I'm pretty much the same.  I buy that pack again usually within a day or two of it expiring.  Though my use for it is mostly energy for farming.  I usually spend 100 a day on energy refreshes and I'll spend 200 a day on Sunday and Monday when it's time for Cantina energy spending.  The rest of the time I will buy pieces that come up that I need for whatever.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1642 on: February 13, 2017, 05:26:05 AM »

I'm pretty much the same.  I buy that pack again usually within a day or two of it expiring.  Though my use for it is mostly energy for farming.  I usually spend 100 a day on energy refreshes and I'll spend 200 a day on Sunday and Monday when it's time for Cantina energy spending.  The rest of the time I will buy pieces that come up that I need for whatever.

I also make sure I get RG every time he's in Shipments. I'm looking forward to unlocking his Cantina Battle.

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

« Reply #1643 on: February 13, 2017, 05:57:46 AM »

I also make sure I get RG every time he's in Shipments. I'm looking forward to unlocking his Cantina Battle.
I'm jealous. I'm entirely F2P. Anyways I tried lightside battles 9. I cleared normal but hard 9-A... My whole squad including the gear 11 wedge I was borrowing got slaughtered.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1644 on: February 13, 2017, 06:21:40 AM »

I'm jealous. I'm entirely F2P. Anyways I tried lightside battles 9. I cleared normal but hard 9-A... My whole squad including the gear 11 wedge I was borrowing got slaughtered.

True fact: I used to not be able to beat DS hard battles. Then I got Emperor Palpatine and everything changed. I think it was somewhere in 4-5 of the DS path.

Hard battles can be extremely frustrating. I figured out something that works really wel for LS. Wedge(L) Biggs, Lando, ST Han, Lumi. Then borrow Ackbar and your Rebels kick butt with Wedge and Ackbar leading. Lumi's there just in case. It might work even better with Leia instead, but mine's not powered up enough.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #1645 on: February 13, 2017, 08:57:19 AM »

9 shards from 7* Asoka, she'll be my 3rd one.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #1646 on: February 13, 2017, 10:48:58 AM »

I stopped buying his shards from shipments once mine hit 5 stars.  My grind from 6stars to 7stars will be slow, so you'll probably beat me there now  Cheesy

Good luck with that last handful of Asoka shards bigBear, we all know how RNG can get when you're that close  Roll Eyes

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1647 on: February 13, 2017, 03:22:35 PM »

True fact: I used to not be able to beat DS hard battles. Then I got Emperor Palpatine and everything changed. I think it was somewhere in 4-5 of the DS path.

Hard battles can be extremely frustrating. I figured out something that works really wel for LS. Wedge(L) Biggs, Lando, ST Han, Lumi. Then borrow Ackbar and your Rebels kick butt with Wedge and Ackbar leading. Lumi's there just in case. It might work even better with Leia instead, but mine's not powered up enough.

Don't feel bad GO, LS 9 Hard Battles are REALLY difficult. 

DC, LS 9 Hard Battles are like a different caliber than DS.  I've beat DS 9A and B so far, and yes, EP was a huge turning factor. 

However even MY strongest teams could not beat LS 9A.  I had to have that special help from General Kenobi.  Honestly I don't think Rebels have the fortitude to do the LS 9 Hard Battles.  There is a LOT of damage output.  I am still having trouble beating LS 9B with 3* so I can Sim it.  I beat it with 1* and then later 2*.  Almost every opponent in 9B can AOE strike your whole team and they can do it like every 2 turns.  You need a LOT of health and a lot of healing.  I think I have the right combo now with Barriss lead and GK ally lead.  Sadly my team suffers with the speed loss, but the double health boost makes survivability better.  Maybe a couple more tries and I'll get 3*.  It'd probably be easier if I had my Zeta Barriss ready, but I'm still only like 8/20 to it.

Just so you all know, the devs intended the level 9 LS and DS Hard battles to be for people that had level 85, 7* toons with 4-5* mods and at least one or more of your team should possess Zeta abilities. They ARE intended to be VERY difficult.

9 shards from 7* Asoka, she'll be my 3rd one.

Good luck with that last handful of Asoka shards bigBear, we all know how RNG can get when you're that close  Roll Eyes

Actually he doesn't need luck.  Cantina shipments sell Ahsoka shards.  If he gets 4 from the two battles where you can farm her and buys 5 from the shop he's done.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1648 on: February 13, 2017, 04:25:07 PM »

I just unlocked Finn and spent all my Sim tickets and energy getting him to Gear 6. Training droids are gone too. And then I unlocked Grevious and am really close to getting Poe. Training droid Smuggling please? Roll Eyes

Oh, also got Maul to 6*.

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

« Reply #1649 on: February 13, 2017, 06:19:37 PM »

My Lumi's not powerful enough have'nt used her in months. Still sitting at gear 6 5*. I do have barriss though.
Don't feel bad GO, LS 9 Hard Battles are REALLY difficult. 

DC, LS 9 Hard Battles are like a different caliber than DS.  I've beat DS 9A and B so far, and yes, EP was a huge turning factor. 

However even MY strongest teams could not beat LS 9A.  I had to have that special help from General Kenobi.  Honestly I don't think Rebels have the fortitude to do the LS 9 Hard Battles.  There is a LOT of damage output.  I am still having trouble beating LS 9B with 3* so I can Sim it.  I beat it with 1* and then later 2*.  Almost every opponent in 9B can AOE strike your whole team and they can do it like every 2 turns.  You need a LOT of health and a lot of healing.  I think I have the right combo now with Barriss lead and GK ally lead.  Sadly my team suffers with the speed loss, but the double health boost makes survivability better.  Maybe a couple more tries and I'll get 3*.  It'd probably be easier if I had my Zeta Barriss ready, but I'm still only like 8/20 to it.

Just so you all know, the devs intended the level 9 LS and DS Hard battles to be for people that had level 85, 7* toons with 4-5* mods and at least one or more of your team should possess Zeta abilities. They ARE intended to be VERY difficult.
Yeah I'm going for barriss instead of zeta'ing vader first. Definitely going to build up my teamms for AAT. I NEED General Kenobi NOW.

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: