Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 669049 times)
bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #2115 on: March 20, 2017, 03:31:05 PM »

unlocked chopper and Leia to gear 7* not a bad day.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #2116 on: March 20, 2017, 04:09:18 PM »

With Shoretrooper unlocked, any recommendations for a team setup once he's ready for use? I'm thinking EP (L), Vader, RG, and Shore would be crazy hard to kill. Then put in a high DPS toon for 5th slot, preferably someone who would benefit from Palps lead. This would be an Arena team and most likely will see use in GW too.

Darth Maul would be the perfect choice against Jedi, but what if I'm not? I'm thinking getting Nihilus's basic and Drain Force Omega'd would make him a decent choice. He would be lacking the high DPS, but Ceaseless Craving would be helpful against tanks and with all those debuffs flying around I may get Annihilate in a good amount of the time. He's tanky too.

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #2117 on: March 20, 2017, 04:13:27 PM »

Yeah I guess it might be.

Just want to confirm with anyone over 80, you get 1 free Omega mat daily? That would help me a ton right now.
Yup and when you hit level 85, you get a couple salvages for gear every day. It ranges from Pit raid gear to Tank raid gear to gold gear and the other stuff that's a pain in the arse to get(i.e. stun cuffs).

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #2118 on: March 20, 2017, 09:39:59 PM »

With Shoretrooper unlocked, any recommendations for a team setup once he's ready for use? I'm thinking EP (L), Vader, RG, and Shore would be crazy hard to kill. Then put in a high DPS toon for 5th slot, preferably someone who would benefit from Palps lead. This would be an Arena team and most likely will see use in GW too.

Darth Maul would be the perfect choice against Jedi, but what if I'm not? I'm thinking getting Nihilus's basic and Drain Force Omega'd would make him a decent choice. He would be lacking the high DPS, but Ceaseless Craving would be helpful against tanks and with all those debuffs flying around I may get Annihilate in a good amount of the time. He's tanky too.

Consider Tie fighter pilot.
He's very high dps with a dot/debuff team, and he's protected from immediate death by shoretrooper's opening taunt.  Switch out RG for Nihilus or Maul imo.  I mean I've seen effective double tank teams, so give RG/ST a go.  I guess it depends on the current power of each of the above toons.

Edit:  Also, my "complete all dailies" reward now includes 1 omega shard thingy.  There you go DC, confirmed at lvl 80.

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2119 on: March 21, 2017, 12:25:07 AM »

He's very high dps with a dot/debuff team, and he's protected from immediate death by shoretrooper's opening taunt.  Switch out RG for Nihilus or Maul imo.  I mean I've seen effective double tank teams, so give RG/ST a go.  I guess it depends on the current power of each of the above toons.

Hey, that's not a bad idea. I'll definitely consider TFP. Mine's 2* almost Gear 8. Starring him up couldn't hurt cause his ship is my first reinforcement.

One tank should usually be enough, but if RG goes down fast, he normally takes the rest of the team with him. I don't know how much Shore will help with that, but he has the highest health and 3rd highest protection in the game (when maxed), so it couldn't hurt to try.

Edit:  Also, my "complete all dailies" reward now includes 1 omega shard thingy.  There you go DC, confirmed at lvl 80.

Very good to know. Enjoy the Omegas and I'll join you soon.

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #2120 on: March 21, 2017, 01:15:29 AM »

Palpatine to gear 9, my first toon above gear 8  Grin

Now I've just gotta decide what I do with the Mk5 Furnace I picked up.  I could gear 9 Lando now as well, or work towards Boba's gear 9.  Decisions decisions..

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #2121 on: March 21, 2017, 01:19:27 AM »

Now I've just gotta decide what I do with the Mk5 Furnace I picked up.  I could gear 9 Lando now as well, or work towards Boba's gear 9.  Decisions decisions..

I'd go with boba. TFP also needs one if you want to go that route.
I'd go with boba. TFP also needs one if you want to go that route.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2122 on: March 21, 2017, 01:28:54 AM »

Lando. Definitely Lando. If Boba dies you should be able to get Bounty Hunters Resolve back up if you play it right.

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #2123 on: March 21, 2017, 03:45:51 AM »

Out of curiosity, and seeing as it's come up recently...

What does everyone think you should 'omega' first?
As resources are limited (though not as limited as zetas obviously) are there specific abilities on specific toons you think should be omega'd sooner than others?  Also, are there any abilities you think shouldn't be omega'd that people often do?

All input welcome, I'd love to see a variety of thoughts!

For my 2c, I'm thinking Biggs' assist special is probably high on the list of most people's ASAP omega lists.

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #2124 on: March 21, 2017, 03:55:30 AM »

As resources are limited (though not as limited as zetas obviously) are there specific abilities on specific toons you think should be omega'd sooner than others?  Also, are there any abilities you think shouldn't be omega'd that people often do?

For my 2c, I'm thinking Biggs' assist special is probably high on the list of most people's ASAP omega lists.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2125 on: March 21, 2017, 03:57:03 AM »

My list of abilities I've Omega'd:

Lando's basic (that was a mistake, don't do it first)

Vader's basic (totally worth it)

Palpatine's basic (also worth it)

My ASAP list:

Force Crush (Vader)

Double Down (Lando)

Ceaseless Craving (Nihilus)

Drain Force (Nihilus)

Assassin Protocol (HK-47)

EDIT:

I'm going to have to disagree with Vivectius. All of Rey's attacks get +15% damage from the Omega upgrade. That's not opportune. Certainly do them someday if you use Rey, but there are better things to spend early Omega's on than extra damage.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #2126 on: March 21, 2017, 02:07:29 PM »

You could always go with Nihilus' lead against Rebel teams as they are fairly prevalent in Arena.  Though instead of RG or Shoretrooper then you might use the Sith Trooper to benefit from Nihilus' lead.

He's very high dps with a dot/debuff team, and he's protected from immediate death by shoretrooper's opening taunt.  Switch out RG for Nihilus or Maul imo.  I mean I've seen effective double tank teams, so give RG/ST a go.  I guess it depends on the current power of each of the above toons.

Hey, that's not a bad idea. I'll definitely consider TFP. Mine's 2* almost Gear 8. Starring him up couldn't hurt cause his ship is my first reinforcement.

One tank should usually be enough, but if RG goes down fast, he normally takes the rest of the team with him. I don't know how much Shore will help with that, but he has the highest health and 3rd highest protection in the game (when maxed), so it couldn't hurt to try.

Very good to know. Enjoy the Omegas and I'll join you soon.

When using TFP just be wary of teams that can cleanse debuffs or block them like Jedi and Rebels.

As resources are limited (though not as limited as zetas obviously) are there specific abilities on specific toons you think should be omega'd sooner than others?  Also, are there any abilities you think shouldn't be omega'd that people often do?

Leader abilities are what you might consider first.  Leader abilities usually affect your whole team, or at least most of it.  Consider that as a bonus to everything you do with your whole team, not just 1 toon.  Then after that you might consider powerhouse abilities that are the cornerstone of your team doing a crapload of damage(like Biggs' special) or surviving something devastating.

-------------

I have to say I am disappointed in the Chopper event.  I got him unlocked to 2* and then of course his pack came out and I bought it and got him to 3*.  Tier 2 and 3 are just crap for daily rewards.  Not to mention I still haven't gotten my 10 day win bonus opportunity.  Supposed to get another at 25 before the event is over, and I'm gonna be really pissed if I don't get that.

On the bright side, I finally finished B2 to 7* and I have all 3 of his abilities Omega'd.   Cheesy   Now I can really kick some butt with him.

Since I finished him, now I've started farming Health Mods at Tier 3 in the Mod challenges.  Only thing I don't like is that you don't get any ships credits like with the cantina.  At least you still get Cantina store tokens.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2127 on: March 21, 2017, 02:28:01 PM »

I *think* that this "Bonus" in the Chopper Event just refers to Tiers 2 and 3 that unlock with Chopper being promoted to 2* and 3* in addition to the normal Chopper shard-Tier 1. At least I haven't really imagined that this could mean something else like getting extra shards apart from Tier 1. But if it does, I agree with you.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2128 on: March 21, 2017, 03:32:29 PM »

You could always go with Nihilus' lead against Rebel teams as they are fairly prevalent in Arena.  Though instead of RG or Shoretrooper then you might use the Sith Trooper to benefit from Nihilus' lead.

At the risk of sounding really stupid, why Nihilus lead specifically against Rebels?

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #2129 on: March 21, 2017, 03:50:45 PM »

At the risk of sounding really stupid, why Nihilus lead specifically against Rebels?

Well, as long as you don't use an Empire enemy to hit Biggs, and you don't crit him with anybody else, he doesn't gain the 100% turn meter.  Nihilus negates crits for Sith.  His lead is also good against teams with Zeta Barriss.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: