Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 668963 times)
Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #3165 on: July 06, 2017, 07:09:18 PM »

I'm encountering more and more nodes 11 which are unbeatable to me...most featuring a Sith/Sith-Imperial team, but also others with f***ing high speed values. All above 210, when Thrawn, TFP, GK or R2 are in the team those mostly come at 250+. My fastest two are Rey at 207 and Wedge at 198...no way to beat them.

This is one of the many reasons a maxed Resistance team is next for me. All I need to unlock is Finn, who i will seat as soon as I can. They give you the speed mods. They'll alsonstomp a mudhole in many teams and then walk it dry. It'll help raids, HE, and Light Side 9b.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3166 on: July 06, 2017, 07:14:56 PM »

I've got all 6 Resistance toons (R2 is still locked, but I have enough shards for unlocking and promoting him to 6*), pulled Finn  from one of the cards (don't remember if it was a Chromium or Bronzium...I think it was Chromium) a few days ago.

But...it will be a hard and long way to a full Resistance team for me. My most powerful memeber is Rey, all others are way below 10k power.

However, I finally managed to 3* Tiers 2 and 3 of the Potency challenges today Cheesy Swapped some Mods since I had to use Magmatrooper (TFP wasn't eligible for the last Tier) and Tarkin wasn't modded at all, but it worked great!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #3167 on: July 06, 2017, 09:51:04 PM »

I'm encountering more and more nodes 11 which are unbeatable to me...most featuring a Sith/Sith-Imperial team, but also others with f***ing high speed values. All above 210, when Thrawn, TFP, GK or R2 are in the team those mostly come at 250+. My fastest two are Rey at 207 and Wedge at 198...no way to beat them.

Yeah, it's hard, but those are the teams that usually require multiple groups to beat.

This is one of the many reasons a maxed Resistance team is next for me. All I need to unlock is Finn, who i will seat as soon as I can. They give you the speed mods. They'll also stomp a mudhole in many teams and then walk it dry. It'll help raids, HE, and Light Side 9b.

Bear in mind that it's not just the speed type mods that make all the teams super fast, it's mods with speed stats on them, specifically the Reciever(arrow) mods. I have almost no speed type mods, because I don't have a full Resistance team yet, however I still have beaten all levels in the game with 3* and can usually beat most GW levels.  That being said, I am trying for a full Resistance team because yes they are quite powerful in GW and in raids.

I've got all 6 Resistance toons (R2 is still locked, but I have enough shards for unlocking and promoting him to 6*), pulled Finn  from one of the cards (don't remember if it was a Chromium or Bronzium...I think it was Chromium) a few days ago.

But...it will be a hard and long way to a full Resistance team for me. My most powerful memeber is Rey, all others are way below 10k power.

However, I finally managed to 3* Tiers 2 and 3 of the Potency challenges today Cheesy Swapped some Mods since I had to use Magmatrooper (TFP wasn't eligible for the last Tier) and Tarkin wasn't modded at all, but it worked great!

If you want to go for Resistance to use them, go for it.  If not, don't go for them JUST to unlock speed mods.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #3168 on: July 06, 2017, 10:15:41 PM »

Further to that, I think it was in one of Warrior's mod vids where he stated that after a certain point, speed mods are actually a bad investment.  Apparently the percentage gain only takes base speed into consideration or something, I can't remember the reason specifically.  Basically the ideal for most toons seems to be either crit damage/chance or potency mods, with high speed secondaries.

On a different topic, I recently beat my best arena rank of 48 by securing rank 36 on Tuesday.  Then I took 33 on Wednesday.  Yesterday (Thursday) I cashed in at rank 31.  While my Zader team is far from perfect (no shoretrooper or Baze), it's certainly made pushing through the ranks of Chaze teams a tad easier  Smiley

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3169 on: July 06, 2017, 10:42:33 PM »

Further to that, I think it was in one of Warrior's mod vids where he stated that after a certain point, speed mods are actually a bad investment.  Apparently the percentage gain only takes base speed into consideration or something, I can't remember the reason specifically.  Basically the ideal for most toons seems to be either crit damage/chance or potency mods, with high speed secondaries.

Ding ding ding!  You win a prize!  One point for you.  I was going to reference those videos if nobody else did.  Another drawback of the speed mods is that they take 4 to complete a set, which limits you to only 2 others.  The other popular ones are health mods as they are quite easy to obtain and who doesn't need a toon with just a little more health?

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #3170 on: July 06, 2017, 10:55:29 PM »

I'm well aware that speed mods aren't everything, but there are times where every little bit helps. There is someone in my guild with Zinn or Rex (I don't remember which) on his arena team. He says he's virtually unbeatable if his lead goes first. In that case, they're a good investment if you have other mods with speed primaries or secondaries.

Having Zinn put expose on everyone, and then crit chance and damage and/or offense on the others, and you can blast them away quickly.

Sometimes this game calls for specific situational preparedness. A sledgehammer has no real practical use in an operating room.

But, yeah, don't just get that team solely for the speed mods.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #3171 on: July 07, 2017, 01:31:09 AM »

Further to that, I think it was in one of Warrior's mod vids where he stated that after a certain point, speed mods are actually a bad investment.  Apparently the percentage gain only takes base speed into consideration or something, I can't remember the reason specifically.  Basically the ideal for most toons seems to be either crit damage/chance or potency mods, with high speed secondaries.

On a different topic, I recently beat my best arena rank of 48 by securing rank 36 on Tuesday.  Then I took 33 on Wednesday.  Yesterday (Thursday) I cashed in at rank 31.  While my Zader team is far from perfect (no shoretrooper or Baze), it's certainly made pushing through the ranks of Chaze teams a tad easier  Smiley

I heard that too. If one of your toons has a base speed of 130, and then you put +50 speed on with mods, and then further add a speed mod set, you'll get a 10% speed boost based on the 130, not 180.

Congrats, those extras crystals are really nice.

----

Speaking of arena, I just started my 5* (almost Gear 11) Thrawn arena trials. I'll let you know how it goes in a couple days. Current comp is Thrawn (L), Vader, Palpatine, TFP, and Shoretrooper. I want to get Rex in there once he's powered up, but I don't know who I would take out.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #3172 on: July 07, 2017, 04:24:37 AM »

Just got my Thrawn to Gear 11. Woohoo! First few arena battles have been very promising, especially fun to take out fully maxed Chaze teams. Shocked

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3173 on: July 07, 2017, 04:59:11 PM »

I fought against a maxed Resistance team in Arena some days ago. Considering Finn's Zeta lead, I would possibly find places where I can use them, GW for example Cheesy So it's not just for the Speed mods Wink

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #3174 on: July 08, 2017, 03:58:30 AM »

Thrawn. Just . . . Thrawn.

Node 9: ZQGJ Jedi team including Kenobi.

Node 12: Zader lead with EP, Zihilus, Kenobi, and Thrawn.

I just plowed through the entire GW with the same team while my Thrawn laughed at their pitiful attempts to stop me. There's nothing quite like Fracturing a Thrawn that has one of your toons Fractured. "I'm sorry, you were wanting to counterattack me with your jacked crit chance and damage? That's just too bad for you."  Cheesy

On a more serious note, Thrawn's basic actually does hit hard. Very hard. I have no crit damage on him but his basic still crits for 11-13K. 7-8K non crit. Granted, I've only run him under Zader and leading himself (bonus offense), but since those are the leads I use for him, that's immaterial.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3175 on: July 08, 2017, 06:51:36 AM »

I just plowed through the entire GW with the same team while my Thrawn laughed at their pitiful attempts to stop me. There's nothing quite like Fracturing a Thrawn that has one of your toons Fractured. "I'm sorry, you were wanting to counterattack me with your jacked crit chance and damage? That's just too bad for you."  Cheesy

On a more serious note, Thrawn's basic actually does hit hard. Very hard. I have no crit damage on him but his basic still crits for 11-13K. 7-8K non crit. Granted, I've only run him under Zader and leading himself (bonus offense), but since those are the leads I use for him, that's immaterial.

I sorta borrowed him earlier... He's quite powerful.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #3176 on: July 08, 2017, 01:44:31 PM »

I sorta borrowed him earlier... He's quite powerful.

Borrowed mine?

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3177 on: July 08, 2017, 05:13:11 PM »

Fought a Zaul team (forgot the composition Cheesy) at node 11 and a Palp (or Zader?) team with Vader, Chaze and Nihilus in today's GW. First, I didn't even try it, thinking I wouldn't stand a chance. But I was curious, so I threw in some teams in 11 and they did better than expected. In 12, I managed to take out Baze and Palp first before losing. DN was next, and Chirrut and Vader the last ones. TFP made a good job against Chirrut and Rey beat Vader. 12/12 Cheesy

Sig by Master Nero

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3178 on: July 08, 2017, 08:44:11 PM »

Borrowed mine?

I don't remember, it was either yours or GO's

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3179 on: July 08, 2017, 09:50:45 PM »

Just got my Thrawn to Gear 11. Woohoo! First few arena battles have been very promising, especially fun to take out fully maxed Chaze teams. Shocked

Yeah, you're ahead of me on Thrawn.  I still only have him at Gear 8 because I haven't finished up a Stun Gun yet.  That should change soon though.

He is quite powerful though.  Seems you're having quite the luck using him.  Gotta figure out who I'm gonna Zeta next cuz I think it's time to switch teams I'm using in GW.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: