Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: A most amazing gift - The Warlord.  (Read 15918 times)
Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« on: November 03, 2016, 08:49:38 PM »

I need to start by saying that I am completely blown away by this.  I'm still in shock!

I really had no idea that my presence on this forum, with its thousands of members, mattered to that many people - and on such a scale.  Not to merit a saber at least.   Shocked Shocked

When it arrived, I had just finished a rather labour intensive project, and my brain was mush.  I had just cracked a beer, and my GF arrived.  The delivery guy showed up 30mins later.  I remember being slightly annoyed, because he knocked and made the dog bark...lol   I was thinking "Who now?"  It was 5pm.

I saw that he had delivered a package, and looked at my GF in wonder.  "I didn't order anything - Did you?" "Nope." "WTH??!!"

I saw who it was from, and my heart skipped a beat.

"Oh, Rev - What have you done?"

In hind sight, I should have done an un-boxing video, but I was like a 5yr old at xmas!

I read the enclosed letter first, and very nearly cried.  

This was inside:

The letter informed me that a saber was being presented to me on behalf of the forum members here, in appreciation of my contributions, and to let me know that I'm valued.

Well, this guy feels very valued now - for damned sure.  

This thing is truly amazing!

It started life as a Dominix V4, but a bath in strong acid, and repeated blows with a ball-pean hammer fixed that right up.  A Scorpion pommel was modified and added, and one of my favourite features - the AV switch - is brass, and in inset, or countersunk into the hilt.  It has a raised activator.  (It has Lord C all over it. Smiley)

It also has a kill key, and recharge port!

AND the pommel spikes are engraved in aurebesh (RAPINE)!

But that's not nearly all.  Not even close.  Oh no my friends...

RevanReborn is a technomancer.  He's an absolute whiz at electronics.  This saber has not only a glow coming from the pommel, but a FoC feature that fires two extra LEDs out the bottom - simulating a sparking mechanism inside.

It has V4 sound, and two extra blade rentention holes were drilled and tapped.

The blade plug was customised, and one of the very best features is the TRI "Deep Red" LED set-up (insanely bright).

I LOVE THIS SABER!!!
I made a slideshow/montage set to music - obviously, and will post a video shortly.

LC & RR ought to explain the processes of making this.  They did it, so who better to explain it?

A huge, huge thank you to RevanReborn, Lord Canterbury, and all others who were involved in this, and to this very forum for making this guy feel awesome.

Love.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsYnrwPtp-A" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsYnrwPtp-A</a>

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 09:18:49 PM »

Whooohoooo!
Congrats LR, that's fantastic!
And however I completely missed this project (find me next time!!) I send a solid handshake for all of you involved!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 09:24:25 PM »

That's really freaking sweet.  Lord C and RevanReborn (who are so getting points) outdid themselves.  You're a terrific guy, Lord Rapine, I can see why they would give you such a gift.  Grin

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 09:33:19 PM »

MINDBLOWN!

Wow Lord Rapine, this is a fantastic story and saber! Truly unique and totally Lord Rapine.
I too want to thank Lord Canterbury, RevanReborn and all the other members behind this extraordinary act!

I am speechless now, but to Lord Rapine, you deserve every part of this awesome gift!

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 09:52:56 PM »

Congratulations Rapine. That is just amazing.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 11:12:00 PM »

Holy Foyk!!
It's my anniversary Saturday, I doubt my wife gets me a glass of water!
You, my friend, scored deluxe on this gift!!

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 11:56:22 PM »

LR, Congratulations mate, you deserve it!

LC, that must have taken a lot of beating to get that look... kudos! most people would have just used hammerite lol What kind of acid was it you used?
Rev, you crazy electronics genius! Love what you did with the internals, your cram-fu is rivaling Calculon! the precision work on those accent LEDs is phenomenal.

Awesome saber, awesome guys. The forums are privileged to have all three of you!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 11:58:31 PM »

I'll say I scored huge!!

I'm stunned!  Just floored by this. O_o

I thank you all deeply. Such amazing people.  All of you.

The colour looks a bit pinkish in the pics.  I think that's due to the light actually overwhelming the detector in the camera.  It's definitely red in person.   Shocked Shocked  Very, very bright.

I'll do a video soon...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 12:11:38 AM »

But the big question is, shall you be wielding it this weekend in London?

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 12:20:34 AM »

I followed the progress of this closely as those two were working on it - super glad to see you finally have it.
Beautiful piece of work for an amazing forum member for sure!

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 12:25:15 AM »

Wow... what a beautiful saber. Congratulations man, you really deserve it.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 12:32:20 AM »

Wow Rapine... you did a spectacular presentation of your Warlord saber and your new signature.  I know that Lord Canterbury and RevanReborn or LC and Rev as we fondly call them (for the newer members)... are just as excited as you are.  I'll do the crying for you which will be easy for me... as the entire gift from a single thought to completion... is both an amazingly joyous and a deeply touching personal tribute to you.

But the kudos must also go to Rev and LC.  You two never cease to both delight and amaze me with your warm expansive hearts, selfless generosity and kindred adventurous pioneering of technical and artistic skills.

Can't even fathom what this Forum would be like without the three of you fine gentlemen and scoundrels.  Grin

x3 appreciation points  Cool

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2016, 12:48:34 AM »

Epic . . . congrats LR! Woot woot! Thanks for sharing this so we can all celebrate together Cheesy

Kudos to two Masters of the Force - Lord Canterbury and RevanReborn.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2016, 01:07:38 AM »

Wow!! Congrats Rapine!! You do really deserve this, youre a great person. And points for LC and RR, very good job,...

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2016, 01:18:54 AM »

Epic indeed . . . points to you know who  Wink

Looking forward to the video LR . . . . and everyone else seeing the sparking pommel lighting effects by our resident Technomancer genius . . .  Cool

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: