Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Review of the FULCRUM ... and something else  (Read 17083 times)
Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« on: November 18, 2016, 01:35:03 AM »

It's been a couple hours since I received my UltraSabers Fulcrum and wanted to get a review up as soon as possible. Unboxing a saber from UltraSabers always gets the adrenaline pumping!  This saber is something special indeed and even the beautiful pictures we've all seen making us all want to order one still cannot give it the introduction it deserves in person ... UltraSabers!  You guys are my heroes for making such an awesome, other-worldly looking lightsaber.  Incredible details and the tactility of this saber has its own unique signature compared to other sabers ... in a very good way.

On to my video review and pics! Hope you like them.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9VJeXuBeeI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9VJeXuBeeI</a>

*spoilers* of what I received today below if you didn't watch the video...

Sauron's EYE!   LOL

Side-by-side, the Fulcrum and the Lost Gray pommels

The Fulcrum Pommel removed showing Obsidian V4 speaker:

The Lost Gray Pommel removed showing Obsidian V4 speaker:

These blew me away, and I was already prepared for AWESOME out of the box.  They look surreal on the web page, but they definitely look their best in person.  Love these and appreciate UltraSabers beyond words.  They are lightsaber gods.  Thank you, US!

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 203

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 01:49:23 AM »

It's been a couple hours since I received my UltraSabers Fulcrum and wanted to get a review up as soon as possible. Unboxing a saber from UltraSabers always gets the adrenaline pumping!  This saber is something special indeed and even the beautiful pictures we've all seen making us all want to order one still cannot give it the introduction it deserves in person ... UltraSabers!  You guys are my heroes for making such an awesome, other-worldly looking lightsaber.  Incredible details and the tactility of this saber has its own unique signature compared to other sabers ... in a very good way.

On to my video review and pics! Hope you like them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9VJeXuBeeI

*spoilers* of what I received today below if you didn't watch the video...

Sauron's EYE!   LOL

Side-by-side, the Fulcrum and the Lost Gray pommels

The Fulcrum Pommel removed showing Obsidian V4 speaker:

The Lost Gray Pommel removed showing Obsidian V4 speaker:

These blew me away, and I was already prepared for AWESOME out of the box.  They look surreal on the web page, but they definitely look their best in person.  Love these and appreciate UltraSabers beyond words.  They are lightsaber gods.  Thank you, US!

Exceptionally good review Lord Bladewraith. Your video and photos do these Sabers a great service. Wishing I had my own right now. Definitely in the future.

" Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 02:17:29 AM »

Awesome review LB, nice new toys!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 02:51:15 AM »

Way to go Lord Bladewraith!

Congratulations man. Smiley  Those look spectacular!   Shocked Shocked

I'm jelly over here. Tongue

+1

(nice sig pic too BTW)

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 02:58:33 AM »

Well, that was awesome. I'm glad you compared them with the EW, because I know what size that one is. Beautiful.
How hard are they to wield backhand? just wondering because that is how I will always wield them when I get mine.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 03:18:24 AM »

Exceptionally good review Lord Bladewraith. Your video and photos do these Sabers a great service. Wishing I had my own right now. Definitely in the future.
That's incredibly kind, JT!  Thank you! I really love showcasing these things in the best possible way, at least that I can manage. UltraSabers' hard work on these marvels deserves the best review I can muster.  Grin

Awesome review LB, nice new toys!
Thanks, CVB!  I hoped for a decent review.   Roll Eyes   I feel so much like a kid today.  UltraSabers are just the greatest!

Way to go Lord Bladewraith!

Congratulations man. Smiley  Those look spectacular!   Shocked Shocked

I'm jelly over here. Tongue

+1

(nice sig pic too BTW)
Thanks, man!  I'm jelly here, too.  Tongue  They are so spectacular to behold.  My eyes almost melted. UltraSabers... I am speechless.  Thanks a bunch!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 03:21:10 AM »

Well, that was awesome. I'm glad you compared them with the EW, because I know what size that one is. Beautiful.
How hard are they to wield backhand? just wondering because that is how I will always wield them when I get mine.
That's great.  Glad I did okay.  They're pretty comfy for backhand wielding.  They're contoured in a way that really compliments the backhand style, like the choke point is kind of reversed with the tapering near the pommel end.  I haven't had much of a chance to run them through the paces yet, but the bit I did try backhanded worked very well and smooth... putting the review together took some time and then.... grrrr.... back to being an adult and getting back to work.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 03:52:26 AM »

Those are sexy, I can't wait to get my Fulcrum and Lost Gray.

Quick question, I had speculated that this would be the location of the blade retention screw.  Is that, in fact, the screw?

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 04:19:06 AM »

Those are sexy, I can't wait to get my Fulcrum and Lost Gray.

Quick question, I had speculated that this would be the location of the blade retention screw.  Is that, in fact, the screw?

Ha!  Oh my! I forgot to include that!  Yes, that is the blade retention screw.  Here's a pic showing the blade blug screw on both:

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 04:26:24 AM »

Ha!  Oh my! I forgot to include that!  Yes, that is the blade retention screw.  Here's a pic showing the blade blug screw on both:

Oh now thats gonna drive me nuts! the lower one.... it doesnt look centered on the gap... please tell me thats an illusion! lol

Akacen
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 64

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2016, 04:32:26 AM »

Thanks so much for the video. Put me over the edge - just ordered the Lost Gray for myself. Very exciting!

But, I will agree with Corwyn - I just hope the retention screw on mine isn't off center like that. Still, I'm very excited!

LS points please. ^.^

My Sabers:
Stunt: Initiate (CG), Catalyst (SRD), Mantis CE (AB), Aeon v2 (CG), Dark Apprentice v4 (BR), Dark Initiate v4 (CG), Apprentice LE v5 (AB), Sentinel LE v5 (AB, SRD), Aeon LE v5 (SRD), Arbiter (GB), Consular (CG), Spectre (FO)
Lite Sound: Catalyst (SRD), Sentinel LE V4 (AB)
V4 Sound: Aeon LE v4 (CG), Bellicose (FO), Lost Gray (SRD)
Emerald: Fulcrum

Wishlist: Grand Master LE (currently in cart), Savior, Brood Guard SE, Dorinian, Flamberge CE, Shock LE, Dark War Glaive, Guardian

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2016, 04:53:40 AM »

Oh now thats gonna drive me nuts! the lower one.... it doesnt look centered on the gap... please tell me thats an illusion! lol

Oh shoot, no, that was just my poor camera skills - the bottom one, the Lost Gray, was just at a bad angle.  I was trying to take a picture of both the Fulcrum and Lost Gray at the same time, and it was too wide of an angle for my iPhone camera.

Here's a picture shot straight on the bottom one, The Lost Gray - it really isn't off center:

Thanks so much for the video. Put me over the edge - just ordered the Lost Gray for myself. Very exciting!

But, I will agree with Corwyn - I just hope the retention screw on mine isn't off center like that. Still, I'm very excited!

You're so welcome! - Saying it put you over the edge is the highest compliment!  They're both just such awesome pieces.

Retention screw is definitely not off center - see above.

Akacen
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 64

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2016, 05:59:03 AM »

Thank you for that clarification. Appreciate it! Now i'm just MORE excited to get it in... thanks. Tongue

LS points please. ^.^

My Sabers:
Stunt: Initiate (CG), Catalyst (SRD), Mantis CE (AB), Aeon v2 (CG), Dark Apprentice v4 (BR), Dark Initiate v4 (CG), Apprentice LE v5 (AB), Sentinel LE v5 (AB, SRD), Aeon LE v5 (SRD), Arbiter (GB), Consular (CG), Spectre (FO)
Lite Sound: Catalyst (SRD), Sentinel LE V4 (AB)
V4 Sound: Aeon LE v4 (CG), Bellicose (FO), Lost Gray (SRD)
Emerald: Fulcrum

Wishlist: Grand Master LE (currently in cart), Savior, Brood Guard SE, Dorinian, Flamberge CE, Shock LE, Dark War Glaive, Guardian

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2016, 08:15:52 AM »

Great review, and pics, enjoyed it a lot, thanks, the Fulcrum looks fantastic and not too long...+1

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 203

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2016, 11:37:50 AM »

That's incredibly kind, JT!  Thank you! I really love showcasing these things in the best possible way, at least that I can manage. UltraSabers' hard work on these marvels deserves the best review I can muster.  Grin
Thanks, CVB!  I hoped for a decent review.   Roll Eyes   I feel so much like a kid today.  UltraSabers are just the greatest!
Thanks, man!  I'm jelly here, too.  Tongue  They are so spectacular to behold.  My eyes almost melted. UltraSabers... I am speechless.  Thanks a bunch!

When you were going through all the features in your video and explaining your choice of color for the AV switch, I also wanted to go with a white illuminated, black AV switch. Your final color choice for your sabers look superb with the red illuminated, black AV switches. I also will be going with the black finish for the activation box, plus gold for the top button and black for the bottom button. I know exactly what I want to put into each saber and will save up to make it happen.

" Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: