Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Hello from Chicagoland  (Read 3881 times)
Akheron
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 18

"The middle path is the way to wisdom."

« on: November 18, 2016, 11:48:31 PM »

Hello! I live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. I currently have two sabers with two more on the way. I have just recently been sparring with some friends, and we are interested in getting a group together for regular practice.

If you live in the area and want get something going, please drop me a line. Perhaps we crossed blades at ACEN this year. I regret not getting the contact information of some of the cool people I met there (I guess I'm shy). I'm really getting on my buddies to pick up some Ultrasabers of their own instead of borrowing mine all the time; but I do have those spares, so if you too have friends that are interested, call them up! I live in the Crystal Lake/Barrington/Wauconda area.

And greetings to all other saberists worldwide!

Ultrasabers what I own:

Dark Initiate LE V4 - Diamond
Dark Apprentice LE V4 - Diamond
Bellicose - Emerald, ObsidianV4
Apprentice V4 - Tri-Guardian Blue, ObsidianV4
Crimson Scorpion - Blazing Red, Silver FoC, ObsidianV4 <- Raffle Prize Smiley

Jedihunter214
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -101

Following The Path of Grey

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 11:51:13 PM »

Hello there welcome to the forums  Smiley

OWNED:
Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 Silver
Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 Guardian Blue
Aeon LE v4 Sentinel Yellow/w Yari Pike Extensions Black x2
Aeon LE v3 Guardian Blue x2/w quick release coupler
Manticore w Emerald Sound & Light
Renegade LE Blazing Red

ON THE WAY:
Dark Initiate v2 Blazing Red
The Dominix v2 Blazing Red
Aeon LE v3 Sentinel Yellow/w Yari Pike Extensions Silver x2
Brood Guard Blazing Red x2
Phantasm LE v2 Guardian Blue
Sentinel LE v5 Guardian Blue

skullsquadronx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -183

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 01:25:29 AM »

Hello Akheron Welcome to the Saber Forum family, from Northeast Pennsylvania.

11/15 (2)Ravens SS VA (ED&O4) 12/15 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 06/16 Flamberge v2 AS (ED&O4) 06/16 Initiate v4 CG 07/16 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 07/16 D Initiate v4 AB 09/16 Archon v3 EG (ED&O4) 09/16 Initiate le v2 CG 09/16 D Apprentice le v4 FO 09/16 Dominix v4 GB 10/16 Electrum Wind DVA (ED&O4) 10/16 Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 GB 10/16 Aeon v3 AB 11/16 Aeon v4 AB 04/17 Emperor's Hand DVA (DC) 04/17 Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber tri CG & O litell 04/17 Initiate le v2 GB

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 01:45:24 AM »

Welcome to the Saber forums, what sabers do you have?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 04:56:00 AM »

Welcome to the forum.  Grin

Getting your friends to get their own sabers is an uphill battle.  I have friends who have been talking about getting their own since I got my first one in May.  It hasn't happened yet.

Akheron
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 05:28:42 AM »

Taegin, I have a Dark Initiate V4 LE and a Bellicose, both with Emerald and Obsidian V4. So cool!

I got a Raven blade holder for the Bellicose, and a small collection of pommels. Of the pommels I own, I think my favorite for the Initiate is the Dark Catalyst pommel, and for the Bellicose, the Malice round pommel. Though I think the Raven SS pommel would look great on it. However, once the QD coupler came out, I got a pair of those and a yari segment, so I can put the sabers together or attach the yari to either one of them.

I just entered the Autumn raffle with a tri-GB Apprentice V4 with Obsidian V4 (couldn't swing the Emerald this time), and I ended up winning second prize. They should arrive next Tuesday, I'm very excited!

Getting your friends to get their own sabers is an uphill battle.  I have friends who have been talking about getting their own since I got my first one in May.  It hasn't happened yet.

Oh, I know! It got to the point where I was pushing one of them to borrow money from me in order to enter the raffle in time! "Please, take my money, we need to build up an armory so we can start a club!" He was afraid he wouldn't be able to pay me back in a time frame that he was comfortable with, and he's too strong-minded for force persuasion to work  Undecided

Ultrasabers what I own:

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 06:11:55 AM »

Taegin, I have a Dark Initiate V4 LE and a Bellicose, both with Emerald and Obsidian V4. So cool!

I got a Raven blade holder for the Bellicose, and a small collection of pommels. Of the pommels I own, I think my favorite for the Initiate is the Dark Catalyst pommel, and for the Bellicose, the Malice round pommel. Though I think the Raven SS pommel would look great on it. However, once the QD coupler came out, I got a pair of those and a yari segment, so I can put the sabers together or attach the yari to either one of them.

I just entered the Autumn raffle with a tri-GB Apprentice V4 with Obsidian V4 (couldn't swing the Emerald this time), and I ended up winning second prize. They should arrive next Tuesday, I'm very excited!
That is awesome, My next saber is going to be a Dark Initiate LE v4 with Emerald and v3 sound, I hope to get a bellicose soon as well. I have been thinking about getting a different pommel to go with it, but I haven't decided which one yet.

How do the Raven claws hold up in battle, they just look so thin?

Congratulations on winning second prize. I didn't get to enter this raffle, but I am hoping to next time.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2016, 07:30:45 AM »

Labintias sulig tave Jen' Garthaz iv SoCal, bustas iv tave Tsis!!! Cool
(Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith)

Zhelosa kia tu'iea kitok addiction! Grin
(Welcome to your new addiction!)

Tikazi j'us itik zo kukas, tuls kair photos iv tu'saen is tu'iea Zibeti Karza kalsoka su tu'iea vidta.
(When you get a moment, post some photos of yourself in your Star Wars costume with your saber (click > here. < click))

Galez Akuyi Buti Su J'us!
(May The Force Be With You!)

Akheron
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2016, 08:22:42 AM »

That is awesome, My next saber is going to be a Dark Initiate LE v4 with Emerald and v3 sound, I hope to get a bellicose soon as well. I have been thinking about getting a different pommel to go with it, but I haven't decided which one yet.

Congratulations on winning second prize. I didn't get to enter this raffle, but I am hoping to next time.

Well, it's actually just the internal blade holder part of the Raven, not the actual emitter. You can find it here: https://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/ravenholder.htm. It sort of sticks up within the Bellicose shroud, you can't see very much of it, but it does add a nice little bit of detail. I got the idea from someone else who posted a picture here. If you search for the terms, you can probably find it, or I hope to have a camera to use by the time my order comes in, I can post a pic later. Unfortunately, the Bellicose emitter itself is not removable, but I dig the shroud it has.

I don't think I'd try to duel with Raven claws. I've never handled one, maybe they would hold up, but I wouldn't want to risk it. In fact, I prefer to use the stock Bellicose blade holder for dueling, I've gotten a tiny ding on the Raven holder already. The lip around it seems a bit delicate.

You won't be disappointed with the Dark Initiate, it feels great in the hand, and I really love the emitter window option. It's a little short, but you can always add some length with a different pommel. The Dark Catalyst pommel I mentioned is very comfortable, and I think the flush diameter and tapered shape balances it well, visually speaking.

I love my Bellicose too. It struck me that, for some reason, it looks even better in person than it does in the pictures.

I do recommend springing the extra ten bucks for the V4 sound, the increased storage space will let you get some extensive sound fonts in there. There are a couple fonts I tried to use that wouldn't fit, even after cutting out many of the swings and clashes they included. I need to reformat and reduce the number of storage banks to free more space.

Good luck in your future raffles!

Ultrasabers what I own:

Memeosity
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 16

Padawan

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2016, 08:34:04 AM »

Welcome Wink hope you enjoy your time here Cheesy

skullsquadronx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -183

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2016, 09:59:37 AM »

I haven't Battled with them. Just cough one claw on trim of my SUV door when it fell down side of the seat. So when I open the door to get it I bent the claw some so for sparring not good.

11/15 (2)Ravens SS VA (ED&O4) 12/15 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 06/16 Flamberge v2 AS (ED&O4) 06/16 Initiate v4 CG 07/16 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 07/16 D Initiate v4 AB 09/16 Archon v3 EG (ED&O4) 09/16 Initiate le v2 CG 09/16 D Apprentice le v4 FO 09/16 Dominix v4 GB 10/16 Electrum Wind DVA (ED&O4) 10/16 Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 GB 10/16 Aeon v3 AB 11/16 Aeon v4 AB 04/17 Emperor's Hand DVA (DC) 04/17 Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber tri CG & O litell 04/17 Initiate le v2 GB

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -248

6 movies & Rogue one. That's all folks....

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2016, 01:38:42 PM »

Greetings Akheron,

Welcome to the madhouse Tongue

I was afraid my SS Raven Claws would damage blades! .Admit I havnt dueled with it.  They just look so cool Smiley

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2016, 02:38:06 PM »

Oh, I know! It got to the point where I was pushing one of them to borrow money from me in order to enter the raffle in time! "Please, take my money, we need to build up an armory so we can start a club!" He was afraid he wouldn't be able to pay me back in a time frame that he was comfortable with, and he's too strong-minded for force persuasion to work  Undecided

I won't give my friends money to buy sabers, but I'm willing to give them sabers.  That's probably what will wind up happening.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2016, 06:20:17 PM »

welcome to the forums. check the groups and sparring section, could find more in your area as well.

facebook is always a nice start for doing a group and if you're interested I'd be glad to help get you started in the right direction....you can ask Ravage how I helped him get running.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Akheron
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2016, 05:32:53 AM »

Thanks, I'll check into that. I did some searches, looks like I missed a bunch of NW Illinoisans by a few months. I'm hoping some more will stop by soon.

Ultrasabers what I own:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: