Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: recharge port question  (Read 1474 times)
Aayrick
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 25

« on: December 20, 2016, 09:57:18 PM »

So, I got a grab bag saber and I think I got a Standard Issue Battle Saber V3. Looks to have the Arctic Blue color (no idea if it's the tri color or regular), and there's a recharge port.  Pictures will be incoming, just have to get it scheduled.

Standard alkaline batteries in it currently. So, my question: Can I find a generic ac adaptor to fit the plug and if so, will it recharge rechargeable batteries or, for the port to be useful, would I need to upgrade the battery set up?

Thanks.

Sentinel (staff) V4 Stunt w/Adegan Silver and Arctic Blue
Aeon V4, Obsidian lite w/Arctic Blue, flash silver on clash
Standard Issue Battle Saber w/Arctic Blue (from grab bag)

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 09:59:45 PM »

Recharge ports that come on grab bag hilts are not wired up. The batteries would have to be changed, and the wiring changed, along with resistor/buckpuck probably.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 10:01:27 PM »

Unless you paid about an extra $80 for the recharge port it does not work.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Aayrick
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 10:15:41 PM »

Thanks for the info.  Good thing I didn't try to plug it in since that might have been bad.  I did post a quick review of the grab bag and suggested a list of components (both working and non) be included so people know what they got

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 04:26:28 PM »

Woah!!  Dude, you scored HUGE!! 

Ok, first you can prob look inside the hilt to see if it's wired up- with batteries out look up inside with flashlight and see if any wires attached to it?

Even if it's not wired, that's actually super easy to do Smiley.  The tough part of actually drilling the port in is done for you.  You can totally find the cords you need- and those plugs/ cables can be made up for any power source.  Like the 2.1mm plug end can be stuck on any charge cable you need.  Perosanlly I'd just go with li ion cause better and really not a big price difference from nicad or whatever in long run. 

If you ever wanna look into this gimme a shout Smiley

Aayrick
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 07:36:12 PM »

Thanks.  I took a quick look inside and it doesn't look like it's wired up, but I was nervous moving stuff around.  I'd hate to accidentally detach something.  Upgrading to rechargeable might be in the future and will definitely keep your offer in mind. 

Woah!!  Dude, you scored HUGE!! 

Ok, first you can prob look inside the hilt to see if it's wired up- with batteries out look up inside with flashlight and see if any wires attached to it?

Even if it's not wired, that's actually super easy to do Smiley.  The tough part of actually drilling the port in is done for you.  You can totally find the cords you need- and those plugs/ cables can be made up for any power source.  Like the 2.1mm plug end can be stuck on any charge cable you need.  Perosanlly I'd just go with li ion cause better and really not a big price difference from nicad or whatever in long run. 

If you ever wanna look into this gimme a shout Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: