Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Sound on clash without flash?  (Read 1809 times)
JayMeezy
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -17

Darkside points

« on: January 14, 2017, 09:20:31 PM »

Please excuse the noob question, but I am new to the "real" lightsaber world and am looking to make my first purchase for my son and me. I have searched and can't seem to find the answer to this question:

Do I still get sound on clash if I don't purchase flash on clash (assuming I have the obsidian board). Logically, I would think that I do, but I suppose there could be a sensor that the foc purchase adds.

Thanks in advance for the help.

The Jedi seek to take away your humanity; the sith simply show you how to control it.

Sabers:
The Malice: BR, FoC Silver, Obsidian v4 Sound, Red Illuminated Switch, large claws
The Chosen One SE: BR, FoC Silver, Obsidian v4 Sound
Dark Initiate LE v4(main hand. Built from empty hilt): VA, FoC Silver, NB v3 sound, VA illuminated 12mm Switch
Dark Initiate LE v3 (off hand): VA
Initiate v2: BR

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 09:40:34 PM »

Exactly right. With Obsidian Lite, Obsidian V3 and Obsidian V4 sound boards, sound on clash comes standard.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Darth Blightus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -201

dark side points

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 10:23:42 PM »

all my sabers have sounds without flash on clash
i still have the impact sounds. flash on clash is a separate option from sound
feel free to have just sound if you want

Only in darkness can one see the true light.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 02:32:55 AM »

Yes, FoC is just for light. If you have a saber with sound, you will have the clash sounds.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

JayMeezy
Knight Lance Corporal

Darkside points

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 08:23:22 AM »

Thanks for the quick replies. I just submitted my first order. I fear I may have started venturing down a path of addiction.

The Jedi seek to take away your humanity; the sith simply show you how to control it.

Sabers:
The Malice: BR, FoC Silver, Obsidian v4 Sound, Red Illuminated Switch, large claws
Dark Initiate LE v4(main hand. Built from empty hilt): VA, FoC Silver, NB v3 sound, VA illuminated 12mm Switch

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -432

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 02:52:40 PM »

Thanks for the quick replies. I just submitted my first order. I fear I may have started venturing down a path of addiction.

Welcome to the custom saber world then! XD Congrats on your first order, what did you end up getting?
And yes, it kind of becomes like an addiction, but quite a patient one if you ask me, so it could be worse Tongue

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Emerald driver + Obsidian V4 - Crimson red
Menace SE staff - BR
Chosen Once CE - Obs V4 Deep Red (custom)
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Archon V3.1 - Obs V4 Viridian green (custom lime+cyan)
War glaive/reaper hybrid, raven style - Deep Red/FO
Custom Prophecy V3 (Anakin AotC) -Medium Blue (custom)
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Apprentice LE (with black grip) - VA
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 03:12:20 PM »

Yes, yes you have.  Don't worry, you probably won't place your second order until at least an hour after your first order arrives, mostly because when you first turn it on, and it lights up and your hear the sound, you won't want to do anything else for at least an hour. Or two. Or five.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

JayMeezy
Knight Lance Corporal

Darkside points

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 07:11:27 PM »

Welcome to the custom saber world then! XD Congrats on your first order, what did you end up getting?
And yes, it kind of becomes like an addiction, but quite a patient one if you ask me, so it could be worse Tongue

Thanks. I've been a huge Star Wars fan all of my life and so are my 3 kids (10yo boy and 18yo & 4yo girls). It started out as me looking for a saber like Vader's that wasn't cheap plastic. I then discovered the world of dueling. My son and I decided that we want to teach ourselves to do it. I did a lot of research and realized that there were 2 main brands, and the US designs looked a lot better than the other guys, imo (not to mention I didn't want to wait months to get it). My Vader will be for display, so I decided to get a couple dueling sabers for us. My son designed his dream saber and is saving up for it, but he'll find out at our unboxing that I already bought it for him Smiley. Sound was big for him, but he didn't care about FoC...which was the reason for this question. The 4yo wants a pink one, so I ordered a plastic one off ebay...for now. When my 18 comes down to visit from college, I'm sure I'll have to buy her a US, too. Hopefully I'll win something on the raffle...but I fear that will only feed the addiction. Lol.

I picked up:
The Chosen One: Blazing Red (obviously), Obsidian v4, FoC silver
Initiate v3 LE (my son's): Consular Green, Obsidian v4
Dark Initiate v3 LE (dueling): Violet Amethyst, no sound, standard setup
Free Initiate (dueling)

Sabers:

Darth Blightus
Knight Commander

dark side points

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 07:21:27 PM »

nice choices
your kids will love those sabers
cant wait till your 4yo moves up to an ultrasaber

Niels
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2017, 07:29:48 PM »

Thanks. I've been a huge Star Wars fan all of my life and so are my 3 kids (10yo boy and 18yo & 4yo girls). It started out as me looking for a saber like Vader's that wasn't cheap plastic. I then discovered the world of dueling. My son and I decided that we want to teach ourselves to do it. I did a lot of research and realized that there were 2 main brands, and the US designs looked a lot better than the other guys, imo (not to mention I didn't want to wait months to get it). My Vader will be for display, so I decided to get a couple dueling sabers for us. My son designed his dream saber and is saving up for it, but he'll find out at our unboxing that I already bought it for him Smiley. Sound was big for him, but he didn't care about FoC...which was the reason for this question. The 4yo wants a pink one, so I ordered a plastic one off ebay...for now. When my 18 comes down to visit from college, I'm sure I'll have to buy her a US, too. Hopefully I'll win something on the raffle...but I fear that will only feed the addiction. Lol.

I picked up:
Free Initiate (dueling)

Nice to read a story I can relate to. At the moment I'm awaiting delivery of my first sabers as well. I can't wait to see the look on the face of my 6 year old son, probably to be followed by totall destruction of our house interior lol  Grin As far as the addicting element you mentioned... I'm still awaiting delivery of my first order but I keep on returning to the US site to determine what to buy next whenever my wallet (and probably the mrs...) allows for it  Wink

- Apprentice V4, Tri Blazing Red, Obsidian V4, Arbiter Pommel
- Apprentice V4 LE, Tri Consular Green, Obsidian V4, Arbiter Pommel
- Initiate V2 LE, Guardian Blue
- Crimson Scorpion, Emerald, Obsidian V4 (Winter Raffle 1st prize)

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 11:54:21 AM »

I picked up:
Free Initiate (dueling)

WOW, you dropped the Chosen One on your first purchase! Kudos to you, it took me a while for me to get my own chosen one XD That is very nice to hear, Star Wars will hopefully continue to be something to be passed down from generation to generation. Great choice of sabers for dueling, I'm sure your kids will love them, V3 initiates are very comfortable to use. Maybe slightly too short for some people, but it shouldn't be a problem in most cases, and veeeeery comfortable one handed sabers! Hopefully you'll get a V2 or a V4 initiate as the free one to try a different one out, big fan of the simple design of the V2.
And if your 4yo insists on a real pink saber, know that you can get a hot pink saber from Ultrasabers! It's a forum color, meaning you can get it on any saber by buying a premium color (sunrider's destiny/arctic blue/violet amethyst) and adding an extra 5$ and stating "Hot Pink" or any of the forum colors on the order comments.

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Menace SE staff - BR
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 12:02:28 PM »

Nice to read a story I can relate to. At the moment I'm awaiting delivery of my first sabers as well. I can't wait to see the look on the face of my 6 year old son, probably to be followed by totall destruction of our house interior lol  Grin As far as the addicting element you mentioned... I'm still awaiting delivery of my first order but I keep on returning to the US site to determine what to buy next whenever my wallet (and probably the mrs...) allows for it  Wink

The struggle is real XD You can't get just one, probably because US gives away so many free saber that we just easily get used to getting new sabers all the time XD

Lightsabers:
Menace SE staff - BR
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

JayMeezy
Knight Lance Corporal

Darkside points

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 02:14:13 AM »

WOW, you dropped the Chosen One on your first purchase! Kudos to you, it took me a while for me to get my own chosen one XD That is very nice to hear, Star Wars will hopefully continue to be something to be passed down from generation to generation. Great choice of sabers for dueling, I'm sure your kids will love them, V3 initiates are very comfortable to use. Maybe slightly too short for some people, but it shouldn't be a problem in most cases, and veeeeery comfortable one handed sabers! Hopefully you'll get a V2 or a V4 initiate as the free one to try a different one out, big fan of the simple design of the V2.
And if your 4yo insists on a real pink saber, know that you can get a hot pink saber from Ultrasabers! It's a forum color, meaning you can get it on any saber by buying a premium color (sunrider's destiny/arctic blue/violet amethyst) and adding an extra 5$ and stating "Hot Pink" or any of the forum colors on the order comments.

Yeah. My intention was ONLY to get a vader replica sword...and then I discovered US and wound up with 4 sabers before I even knew what happened. Thanks. I didn't know that about the forum colors. I'll have to find and read that thread. I actually picked the v3 because of the grip area in the middle and top. I want to eventually learn to duel wield, so I thought that would be a good one hander.

It's definitely being passed down in mine. At any given time you might see them playing in their rooms dressed like this. Lol

Sabers:

Darth Blightus
Knight Commander

dark side points

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2017, 02:31:19 AM »

omg thats the cutest kylo ren and stormtrooper ever

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2017, 03:03:11 AM »

omg thats the cutest kylo ren and stormtrooper ever

I can agree with you on that one DB.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st