Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Tetris GOD  (Read 2919 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: January 17, 2017, 12:53:13 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alw5hs0chj0&amp;index=48&amp;list=LLRtzoiWs-twRpYL0Add7WAg&amp;spfreload=10" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alw5hs0chj0&amp;index=48&amp;list=LLRtzoiWs-twRpYL0Add7WAg&amp;spfreload=10</a>

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 02:32:20 PM »

Oh crap, that's funny.  You've gotta love College Humor.  Though, sometimes when you're playing, you do wonder who the hell is sending you those crap blocks....

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 02:40:48 PM »

Oh crap, that's funny.  You've gotta love College Humor.  Though, sometimes when you're playing, you do wonder who the hell is sending you those crap blocks....
#longpiececonspiracy

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 02:51:19 PM »

So true! As a kid, I'd practically would be at the top, then, couldn't get that line piece over in time!!

No points, just fist bumps baby!

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 02:58:55 PM »

So true! As a kid, I'd practically would be at the top, then, couldn't get that line piece over in time!!

Or you'll hit the top, die, and see in the box that shows you what was coming next that it would have been the piece you needed.   Roll Eyes

Yeah, Tetris is an unfair game sometimes, but still great fun to play.  I recently scored a copy for the NES on Ebay in fantastic shape.  (It was in a lot)  I also still have the Game Boy cartridge that came with my original Game Boy when I bought it back in the '90s.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 03:01:54 PM »

I spent far too much money and time playing this game. O_o

The video rings true...Only the most malevolent of gods could be responsible for those pieces...lol

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 03:03:11 PM »

Unfair, frustrating and yet so deceptively addictive and awesome.

My best score is 274 lines

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 03:04:34 PM »

Unfair, frustrating and yet so deceptively addictive and awesome.

My best score is 274 lines

That's a lot of lines.  Grin

Yeah, definitely addictive and awesome.  I made the mistake of introducing my mom to it on my old Game Boy, then it was a pill getting the Game Boy back from her when I wanted to play something.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 03:06:46 PM »

That's a lot of lines.  Grin
I've got my Tetris skills yo!

Yeah, definitely addictive and awesome.  I made the mistake of introducing my mom to it on my old Game Boy, then it was a pill getting the Game Boy back from her when I wanted to play something.
I still have my gameboy and the only two games I have is Super Mario Land and Tetris.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 03:30:03 PM »

I still have my gameboy and the only two games I have is Super Mario Land and Tetris.

I still have a Game Boy Color, which replaced my original after it died.  I also have the Super Game Boy adapter, which lets you play Game Boy games on the Super Nintendo.  I have 17 Game Boy games, including Tetris.  Two of my games are recent acquisitions, thanks to a certain well known auction site.  I got Star Trek 25th Anniversary, which I had back in the day but found it extremely frustrating, so I got rid of it, and R-Type.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 03:44:32 PM »

I still have a Game Boy Color, which replaced my original after it died.  I also have the Super Game Boy adapter, which lets you play Game Boy games on the Super Nintendo.  I have 17 Game Boy games, including Tetris.  Two of my games are recent acquisitions, thanks to a certain well known auction site.  I got Star Trek 25th Anniversary, which I had back in the day but found it extremely frustrating, so I got rid of it, and R-Type.
Cos of my playstation I only break out the gameboy if I'm going on holiday. Passes the time one the plane when I'm not sleeping. And in those instances, Tetris and Marioland are the two best games to have.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 03:47:09 PM »

Cos of my playstation I only break out the gameboy if I'm going on holiday. Passes the time one the plane when I'm not sleeping. And in those instances, Tetris and Marioland are the two best games to have.

The only thing I don't like about the Game Boy is the amount of glare on the screen, which makes it hard to play in certain lighting conditions.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 03:48:51 PM »

The only thing I don't like about the Game Boy is the amount of glare on the screen, which makes it hard to play in certain lighting conditions.
True. But the adjustable contract helps (a little). The battery life is amazing though

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: