Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 624   Go Down
Author Topic: Posting Game 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 1265983 times)
Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #7170 on: April 18, 2019, 04:51:52 PM »

Yet more reasons why I'm less and less a fan of that monster.

I probably could get my unmasked version approved since I based it from one of the game avatars, but I would have to go through approval process. It will be a lot easier once I finish my Star Forge robes, since those are unmasked already.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7171 on: April 18, 2019, 04:59:32 PM »

I probably could get my unmasked version approved since I based it from one of the game avatars, but I would have to go through approval process. It will be a lot easier once I finish my Star Forge robes, since those are unmasked already.
You live a complex cosplay life.

We are currently looking into the Dark Empire, and it's not going so hot. Angry

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7172 on: April 18, 2019, 05:07:14 PM »

You live a complex cosplay life.

We are currently looking into the Dark Empire, and it's not going so hot. Angry

That I do. But hey, it has its perks. On another note. I successfully proved my tabards aren’t shiny, so I can do the reshoot if my Jedi now XD

Oh? I hung out with their head a lot, and he invited me. In the process of joining also.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7173 on: April 18, 2019, 05:34:31 PM »

That I do. But hey, it has its perks. On another note. I successfully proved my tabards aren’t shiny, so I can do the reshoot if my Jedi now XD

Oh? I hung out with their head a lot, and he invited me. In the process of joining also.
First Kath said they're gonna fight me on my Mandolorian Iron armor. I told her to come back that they are beskar, supposed to be ancient, but not what people know as classic beskar-gam (Mando armor). And now she's working out whether our masks are allowed. If this keeps up, Ima start my own cosplay group...with blackjack and hookers.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7174 on: April 18, 2019, 05:48:58 PM »

First Kath said they're gonna fight me on my Mandolorian Iron armor. I told her to come back that they are beskar, supposed to be ancient, but not what people know as classic beskar-gam (Mando armor). And now she's working out whether our masks are allowed. If this keeps up, Ima start my own cosplay group...with blackjack and hookers.

Masks are definitely allowed. Dark Emoire is the most lax out of the big 5 I’m terms of what’s allowed. I say go for it and see what they say

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7175 on: April 18, 2019, 12:42:41 PM »

It’s not the “masculine version,” it is the armor. A long long time ago before the blasphemy of the novel and SWTOR, “Revan” was an entity that existed without knowledge of gender unless unmasked. Revan was both light and dark, both male and female, and that was much of the beauty and charm of the original game before the aforementioned sequels. Revan was whomever you created Revan to be. “Revan is a man” was a concept superimposed many years after the release and assumes what is, in comparison, the very weakest of about 18 possible different endings (albeit very subtle differences in many), male and female, light and dark. This ending was the one chosen largely because it was the one that appealed the the plurality of the audience as Light Side Male Romancing the hot Jedi chick to “save the damsel in distress.” While this ending does, again, cover the majority of the gaming audience, it is far from the strongest storyline possible, and effectively invalidates the validity of other endings in the eyes of the less-aware, destroying much of the charm of the original concept.

Forgive me, and I know this changes nothing on your stance and nor should it...But Revan was "canonized" as male before the novel.  He was listed as being Male in The New Essential Chronology which came out in 2005.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7176 on: April 18, 2019, 08:13:03 PM »

Masks are definitely allowed. Dark Emoire is the most lax out of the big 5 I’m terms of what’s allowed. I say go for it and see what they say
I don't have all the details, but she made it sound like we couldn't use them because they are established component....or something.

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7177 on: April 18, 2019, 05:07:53 PM »

Forgive me, and I know this changes nothing on your stance and nor should it...But Revan was "canonized" as male before the novel.  He was listed as being Male in The New Essential Chronology which came out in 2005.

Changes nothing. Game is from two years before then so still superimposed after the fact. Like I’ve said, I’m really not in the mood to argue.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7178 on: April 19, 2019, 12:47:10 AM »

I don't have all the details, but she made it sound like we couldn't use them because they are established component....or something.

I have trading cards from their members of original characters and canon characters and original takes on canon characters with masks, so I think you’ll be fine. Worst case scenario, you sibmit, they say no and ask you to alter a component.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7179 on: April 19, 2019, 01:44:28 AM »

One of the reasons I'm going with an "unmasked" character. Plus Mara Jade is hot, and a badass.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7180 on: April 19, 2019, 12:59:58 PM »

I have trading cards from their members of original characters and canon characters and original takes on canon characters with masks, so I think you’ll be fine. Worst case scenario, you sibmit, they say no and ask you to alter a component.
I got their cards too. If all goes well, I cannot wait to have my own trading cards to hand out. So cool.

Read further. They say no Mando elements, probably to keep peace with the Mando Merc clans. But my armor is distinctly not recognizable as Mando. I just want the material, screw recognizability. That's why their backstory is they are ancient Mando armor. I have an alternate backstory if that should fail. And I already have an alternate mask.

One of the reasons I'm going with an "unmasked" character. Plus Mara Jade is hot, and a badass.
'Masked' resides in the psyche as a threat. It is faceless, expressionless, "eyeless", and therefore soulless. It allows us to dissociate the wearer as potentially human, further separating us from this agent of villainy. The Sith acolytes, Vader, Death Eaters, Stormtroopers, Winter Soldier, Darth Revan, Cobra Commander, samurai, even Emo Ren. And as much as hate to admit, TFA nailed it: a mask hides your humanity. Makes a villain easier to hate. Wink

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7181 on: April 19, 2019, 03:51:07 PM »

I got their cards too. If all goes well, I cannot wait to have my own trading cards to hand out. So cool.

Read further. They say no Mando elements, probably to keep peace with the Mando Merc clans. But my armor is distinctly not recognizable as Mando. I just want the material, screw recognizability. That's why their backstory is they are ancient Mando armor. I have an alternate backstory if that should fail. And I already have an alternate mask.
'Masked' resides in the psyche as a threat. It is faceless, expressionless, "eyeless", and therefore soulless. It allows us to dissociate the wearer as potentially human, further separating us from this agent of villainy. The Sith acolytes, Vader, Death Eaters, Stormtroopers, Winter Soldier, Darth Revan, Cobra Commander, samurai, even Emo Ren. And as much as hate to admit, TFA nailed it: a mask hides your humanity. Makes a villain easier to hate. Wink

Probably. Mando Merchs are also one of the more liberal  groups in regard to standards. I don’t think you should have an issue. Your armor doesn’t look Mandalorian and the mask is clearly Sith Acolyte.

I’m working on my own trading cards right now. There’s a person in Saber Guild who gives special rates for members and I can get 1000 cards for $30 if I edit myself and for $60 if they do the editing. So far I have 3 cards possible. Working on 3 more. Some will be duo cards. I have a nice pic for Bastila, one for Revan VS Mandalore the Ultimate, and I think one for just Darth Revan. I’m going to see if I can salvage one of the Revan VS Malak pics for a card (because Visible badges and no Mask), and then also get one for my Jedi once I finish resubmission and possibly play with photoshop to do a Revan VS Bastila card.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7182 on: April 19, 2019, 09:17:58 AM »

Okay, but MJ still doesn't wear one. I was talking in a costume sense, I don't want to deal with being told when, how, and why I can and cannot remove a mask. Plus I've wanted to be MJ for a long time now. You sir are partially responsible for that, and I thank you for it.

I'm honestly surprised nobody chimed in on my makeup question... Smiley

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7183 on: April 19, 2019, 04:28:36 PM »

Okay, but MJ still doesn't wear one. I was talking in a costume sense, I don't want to deal with being told when, how, and why I can and cannot remove a mask. Plus I've wanted to be MJ for a long time now. You sir are partially responsible for that, and I thank you for it.

Where is the makeup question? D: *clearly blind, probably due to limited visibility from mask XD*

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7184 on: April 19, 2019, 04:31:14 PM »

I know. In regards to makeup: Wearing a mask removes the need for make up. Grin Grin Grin Grin I've saved a bundle not having to get Sith eye lenses.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 624   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: