Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
Author Topic: WINDOWS: Ultrasabers Launcher with Diamond Controller UPDATED 01-11-2018  (Read 141171 times)
Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 700

« on: March 15, 2017, 05:36:21 PM »

Run installer As Administrator to overwrite the previously installed v4 app.  It is imperative that you have your diamond controller turned on and plugged in while the installer is running to properly install the drivers.

Updated 01-11-2018 v2.45 The main changes are:
SOFTWARE:
- extended Express Font Wizard Features
- faster reconnect after writing fonts
- usability improvements in Font Wizard
- other fixes

Updated 11-20-2017 v2.40 The main changes are:
SOFTWARE:
- express and advanced font wizard. Advanced is the old one, express is new and creates automatically a font based on a sound template, blade, pulse and FOC colors
- quick reconnect (now it takes less than 3 seconds, except for the first connection when it has to read the memory content)
- 16 fonts instead of 10
- a built-in resources page with links to documents and videos
FIRMWARE:
- real time volume adjustment (there's no need for a mute font anymore!)
- quick menus requiring significant fewer voice messages. Now we have a quick menu for font selection and another one for learning gestures.
- reduced the power off and menu exit time from 3 to 2 seconds

Updated 04-18-2017 v2.19 The main changes are:
1. The driver and the software itself is now signed with Windows. This means:
- no more workaround on Windows8
- no more "unsigned driver" warning
- no need to have the Diamond connected when installing
2. The font editor now has an "Apply to font" button, which is active only if the editor was open on an already existing effect (with the "Edit Effect" button from the wizard). This button saves the changes made in the effect directly on the current font, so there's no more need to write one effect at a time or to save each effect in a file if you want to make multiple changes. Reduces the time required for editing multiple effects in a font (The need for this was brought to our attention by forum users).
3. Minor bug fixes.

Download Standalone Signed Diamond Controller Driver for Windows 7 and Windows 8 HERE

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4WsIGJrcOo&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4WsIGJrcOo&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

- Visual C++ Redistributable might need to be installed on some machines: this is specified in the readme.txt file that is open automatically after installation, and also the visual c++ installation link is provided there.
- **Windows 8 users only** Installing the unsigned driver on Windows 8 requires a special procedure: until we get the driver signed, the workaround can be found here: http://www.craftedge.com/tutorials/driver_install_windows8/driver_install_win8.html
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 04:23:35 PM by Deep » Logged

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 700

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 05:36:52 PM »

MAC VERSION

If you already have a previous version of the Launcher installed you should uninstall the older pre-v2.64 Launcher and install the new 2.64 version.  Do NOT run the MaintenanceTool.  Please completely uninstall the older version and install the new 2.64 version.

If the OS won't allow installation then the you must have the "Allow apps downloaded from:" set to "App Store and identified developers". This is found in System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> General tab.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 09:40:06 PM by Deep » Logged

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

KyloBen
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 05:14:15 AM »

Hey Emory, do we have to uninstall the previous emerald and Obsidian launcher? If so, does that mean this launcher powers the Emerald driver and Obsidian soundboard along with the Diamond driver? If not, then just to clarify, we keep the previous Ultrasabers Launcher to control the Obsidian and Emerald drivers correct?

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 01:27:22 PM »

It would seem that in the video, the launcher has tabs for Obsidian and emerald. I want to get the new launcher, but it seems I'll have to wait until I have a Diamond board to install it properly.

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -43

In time you will call me master

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 09:50:51 PM »

Sooooo, tons of problems trying to install the new launcher. Bugs galore. The drivers wont install, apparently Im supposed to somehow enable unsigned drivers, but it doesn't tell me how to do that or where they are. It says I can enable the drivers after I install but when I do they always fail. On top of that its all in computer speak, which I don't understand. I should have controlled myself and stuck with Emerald/V4 instead of being a guinea pig for this.
I had no problem installing the previous Emerald/Obsidian US launcher. But theres so many different errors here Il never get it sorted out.
And yes I did have my saber plugged in during the installation. Didn't make a difference.

Im running windows 8 if that makes a difference.

Dark Mantis-Blazing red-Obsidian V4
Chosen one- Obsidian V4/Emerald driver
Dark Monarch-Diamond controller

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 10:14:59 PM »

Ok so from googling around I believe the problem is that your drivers are unsigned. Unfortunately the process for making unsigned drivers installable on windows 8 looks extremely complicated(which makes it likely Il mess it up) and windows doesn't even recommend doing it in the first place. So yea. I guess let us know when your drivers are complete and signed and maybe Il try again.
The saber isn't of much use to me without US launcher so I guess Il just toss it in a drawer for now until you guys get your drivers sorted out.

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 10:45:17 PM »

Well I figured out how to install the drivers and finish the installation. Quite a process. However the program still does not work. When I attempt to open it I get a system error stating "The program cant start because api-ms-win-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"
Reinstalling the program of course doesn't fix it.
I cant believe the program was released in this condition. Its clearly got some things to be worked out.

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 10:53:46 PM »

OK. Finally got it working. Im gonna try and save you guys some trouble here. IF you get the message "The-program-can-t-start-because-api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0-dll-is-missing" you need to download something called Visual C++ Redistributable. I really cant believe this stuff wasn't explained in the tutorial videos.  To make things easier here is a link to the Visual C++ download. Scroll down for either the 64 bit or 32 bit versions.

https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/articles/206881749-The-program-can-t-start-because-api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0-dll-is-missing

Protip to Ultrasabers: Your average websurfer is not going to understand about unsigned drivers or missing Visual C programs from their computer. The program never should have been released this way, or it should have been thoroughly explained in the tutorial videos. Keep it simple and never assume all your users have the same level of computer savy as you do.

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 11:01:29 PM »

Also for any Windows 8 or 8.1 users out there. Here is a link describing the process I used to make unsigned drivers install on windows.
https://revryl.com/2013/08/06/install-unsigned-drivers/

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2017, 12:18:22 AM »

My god is this thing difficult to program. Do you really have to program every single point of light intensity for a pulse effect? Theres not just a simple pulse mode like on the emerald driver. Holy moses. My head hurts. I gotta stop now.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2017, 02:31:10 AM »

My god is this thing difficult to program. Do you really have to program every single point of light intensity for a pulse effect? Theres not just a simple pulse mode like on the emerald driver. Holy moses. My head hurts. I gotta stop now.

Well this makes me glad that I've held off on buying one lol. They said in the video they were working on getting the drivers signed, but your problem still occurred so that's all that really mattered.

The manual pulse effect method sounds really tedious. I would personally do it, but I know others wouldn't, and that the classic emerald way of setting was probably easier. Hopefully the old interface will be added to this so pulse can be easy added and adjusted on a saber.

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2017, 02:39:32 AM »

Well this makes me glad that I've held off on buying one lol. They said in the video they were working on getting the drivers signed, but your problem still occurred so that's all that really mattered.

The manual pulse effect method sounds really tedious. I would personally do it, but I know others wouldn't, and that the classic emerald way of setting was probably easier. Hopefully the old interface will be added to this so pulse can be easy added and adjusted on a saber.

Its not as tedious as I first thought, though still more tedious than the Emerald way. You can use the points to set up a couple of flickers and then set it to loop over and over. Im starting to get the hang of it the more I mess with it. I tend to get frustrated when things don't just drop into my lap.
This thing by no means sucks, in fact its awesome, but there is a learning curve. It doesn't come as easily as Obsidian or Emerald.

PS> Most of my frustration stemmed from trying to get all the drivers and programs I was missing working. It put me in a bad frame of mind and I never should have started messing with the Diamond until I was over that. The Diamond is for sure capable of some amazing stuff and I don't want to leave anyone with the impression that its trash, cuz believe me its not.

PSS> I finally got my Sidious no mercy font working. The increased memory let me put the entire font on unaltered save for the usual 16bit/48KHZ conversion. That makes converting fonts a whole lot easier. I set it up with my custom crimson red with green FOC(cuz Yoda fight) The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to add more than 12 swings and clashes. When I tried to up it to 16 the US Launcher would crash.

PSSS> LED ramp up on powerup and ramp down on powerdown looks amazing. You really feel like the blade is coming out of the hilt.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2017, 02:56:03 AM »

Let us know if you finally feel confident everything is working properly. I hope it works right. Now I'm hesitant to get one myself.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2017, 03:08:03 AM »

Let us know if you finally feel confident everything is working properly. I hope it works right. Now I'm hesitant to get one myself.
The board appears to be working as intended. Its the user interface on the US launcher that takes some learning. Ive pretty much figured out how the lighting works. You can cheat a lot on things like pulsing and lockups by just creating a couple of flickers and then setting it to play back multiple times. The trick is timing the amount of light playblacks to be the same as however long the hum/lockup sound is. There is a limit to how many times you can playback a light effect(100 times) so for really long hums(Sidious no mercy for instance has a hum in excess of 20 seconds) you may have to create more than a couple of pulses to be able to get it to last as long as the sound.
I still cant figure out how to have more than 12 swings/clashes.
Also I know projectno253 was wondering about multiple powerups. I can add multiple sounds in the powerup tab when Im editing,but when I try to write to board it appears to only take the first sound file. So I don't think you can have multiple powerup sounds.

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2017, 03:18:56 AM »

Also the new sensitivity settings are awesome. Way more range than on the obsidianV4(which was also very good) You can set it so the slightest movement will trigger a motion sound or the slightest tap can trigger a clash. It can be super sensitive, but in all honesty the default settings are pretty damn spot on. I upped the motion sensitivity a bit just cuz I like my sabers noisy, but that's about it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: