Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: A Promo Vid (Starring Ultrasabers!)  (Read 640 times)
DamageInc96
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -10

Dark side points, please :)

« on: March 17, 2017, 07:03:28 AM »

Saberforum,

I am still fairly new around here but quickly becoming a huge fan of all things Ultrasabers. I'm in the men's chorus at my college, and with our alumni weekend among us, our publicity manager prompted us to all make promo videos to get high turnout for our Saturday concert. As he was talking about this, the wheels started turning in my head - we should do some sort of a SW parody using my sabers to promote our concert! It's unique and my group of friends are huge SW fans. So, I pitched the idea to them, and they loved it. We then together came up with this idea to parody the final scene of Rogue One. Everyone else's videos from within the choir are just cheesy single shot videos with no theming, and we decided to go excessive and show them up... After an hour and a half of nearly peeing ourselves laughing between takes, and a couple hours of editing courtesy of our friend studying integrated media, we created this. We finished at roughly 2am our time. It was an absolute blast and a full group collaboration. I thought this community would be a place to see the fun and humor in this (even if you can't come to our concert.. that isn't the point of sharing it here Tongue)!

Yes, it's very silly. It's supposed to be super terrible, but fun! Also yes, we know we filmed it vertically without thinking. Oh well, too late now. The sabers, especially the green one, came out beautifully in the film. Thanks Ultrasabers!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf44g1Xp0r8&feature=youtu.be

I haven't seen much reaction from the choir yet because sane people sleep at this time of night. But, knowing them, I think they'll love this tomorrow.

****Sabers used: Dark Prophecy TRI BR with Premium Sound and Red Illuminated Black Switch, Archon v2.1 TRI CG with Premium Sound and Green Illuminated Silver Switch

Disclaimer, just in case: We claim no ownership of any of the music or themes portrayed. We created this as a fun parody and to promote our concert, which will be free for admission and thus give us no revenue whatsoever. This was made just for fun and out of love for the franchise.

“The dark side will devour those who lack the power to control it. It’s a fierce storm of emotion that annihilates anything in its path. It lays waste to the weak and unworthy. But those who are strong can ride the storm winds to unfathomable heights. They can unlock their true potential; they can sever the chains that bind them; they can dominate the world around them. Only those with the power to control the dark side can ever truly be free.”

Sabers: Blazing Red Dark Prophecy, Guardian Blue Sentinel

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: