Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: LARP thoughts  (Read 1710 times)
justmutantjed
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

I prefer to stay close to neutral.

« on: June 28, 2017, 12:34:45 PM »

Hey all,
I was letting my mind wander on a walk across town, like I usually do. I was on my way to a tabletop game, and my mind started drifting to the subject of LARP games. I remembered seeing footage where spell-casters were given NERFTMpleasedon'tsue darts or beanbags to toss, to represent spell effects like fireballs, lightning bolts, magic missiles, etc.
Well, I got to thinking, are there any Star Wars LARP games where there are Jedi/Sith characters doing this? Seems like it'd be pretty easy to sew some hook-and-loop patches to a belt (or even the inside of a sleeve?), where you could stick some similarly-rigged beanbags or whatever to represent Force Pushes or Lightnings. Does anyone have any experience with anything like this? D'you think it'd work? At the moment, this is just a thought-exercise with no actual motivation behind it, but fun to think about.

... I won't lie, it also seemed mildly hilarious to me: the thought of, mid-duel, jumping back, ripping a beanbag off my belt, shouting "FORCE PUSH!!!" and whipping it at my opponent.

There are neither light or dark side; The Force is a vast and beautiful rainbow. I would seek neutrality and balance in and through the Force.
Sabers owned:
Shock with RGBW Emerald (SRD, Pulse: EG, FoC: AB) and Obsidian v4 Sound, Recharge Port, non-illuminated AV Switch.
Dark Catalyst in Blazing Red w/ Red-illuminated AV Switch and Obsidian V3 Sound.
Dominix LE v3 in Adegan Silver (standard setup).

Mr.SithMaul
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 12:43:18 AM »

I think this would AWESOME I love the thought of the force push, it does sound pretty cool.  I love the idea. Do you have any other thoughts on how you would do it all

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 11:11:42 AM »

Cool idea actually.I haven't larped in over a year though. Other colors would also represent other Force abilities like lightning or whichever

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 06:36:08 PM »

And now young skywalker...you....will....LIGHTNING

WHAP

Sani2341
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -39

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 03:24:19 PM »

Well to me that idea sounds about as horrible as the tennis/softball fireball does for a mage.
Most sith and Jedi I larped with so far (all 2 of them) had much better ways of doing things, especially consdiering that actions taken in a LARP are always two way streets so to speak.

Star Wars already comes with a lot of 'key gestures' for certain force uses.
wavign the hand before the target's face for mind tricks
chokehold for force choking
push for force pushes.
etc.
etc.

what they did was simply integrate a little red/blue led into their gloves which added an mysteries, and easy to grock signal to those gestures letting you in on their rough intentions with the force use. Which allowed for some very great scenes to be played out.
Still remember that time I got suffocated/tortured for basic intel.

the only issue with this is if you don't see the force user, you can't act appropriately, but that is exactly the same for throwing foam at people for effects. or shooting someone from behind in western LARP.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: