Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Weathered Dark Apprentice Blade Colors  (Read 1555 times)
Galvatrix98
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -47

Unaffiliated. DS points preferred

« on: November 27, 2017, 04:54:43 AM »

Hey guys. So I'm wanting to eventually get a Dark Apprentice, probably LE version and weather it to get that battered, dusty grey kinda look. Problem I'm having is I don't know what blade color would look best on it. I'm mostly torn between DVA and BR, definitely no green as I have enough green atm and probably no blue as I'm not really a fan of blue on black hilts, although if the hilt lightens up enough from weathering I may consider it. Does anyone have pics of Dark Apprentices or even Dark Sentinels with different blade colors that they've scraped up a bit that they'd be willing to show me? I appreciate it

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

Owned: 
Dark Initiate v3 | Dominix LE v4
Overlord | Aeon v2
Fulcrum
Dominix v5
Monarch
Bane | Phantasm Initiate v3

Wishlist:
Sentinel LE v5
Manticore

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 09:44:37 PM »

Hey guys. So I'm wanting to eventually get a Dark Apprentice, probably LE version and weather it to get that battered, dusty grey kinda look. Problem I'm having is I don't know what blade color would look best on it. I'm mostly torn between DVA and BR, definitely no green as I have enough green atm and probably no blue as I'm not really a fan of blue on black hilts, although if the hilt lightens up enough from weathering I may consider it. Does anyone have pics of Dark Apprentices or even Dark Sentinels with different blade colors that they've scraped up a bit that they'd be willing to show me? I appreciate it

Don't have a scraped up one, but have you considered FO? (don't remember if you like FO or not) It is what I have on my DA, and it looks amazing. I can post a pic if you want.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Galvatrix98
Knight Ensign

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 12:58:53 AM »

Don't have a scraped up one, but have you considered FO? (don't remember if you like FO or not) It is what I have on my DA, and it looks amazing. I can post a pic if you want.
Sure, I bet thatd look good now that I think of it.

Owned: 
Overlord | Aeon v2
Fulcrum
Dominix v5
Monarch

Wishlist:
Sentinel LE v5
Manticore

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 01:12:08 AM »

Standard pommel

Dark Shock pommel

Galvatrix98
Knight Ensign

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 01:21:42 AM »

Standard pommel

Dark Shock pommel

Ooooh nice. Does the extra weight with the shock pommel balance it out nicely? Im a one-hander so Im all about optimal length and weight on these smaller hilts

Owned: 
Overlord | Aeon v2
Fulcrum
Dominix v5
Monarch

Wishlist:
Sentinel LE v5
Manticore

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 02:28:25 AM »

Ooooh nice. Does the extra weight with the shock pommel balance it out nicely? Im a one-hander so Im all about optimal length and weight on these smaller hilts

To me that depends on what blade I'm using. For a 32" HG blade, then the Dark Shock pommel balances it out perfectly, but for a 32" MG blade, there is too much weight in the hilt that way. The regular pommel is what I like when I have the MG blade on it. Both work great though, and look pretty awesome as well.

EDIT: Either way is great for single hand. I can use two hands, and do sometimes, but it is easily a one handed saber.

Galvatrix98
Knight Ensign

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 05:19:08 AM »

To me that depends on what blade I'm using. For a 32" HG blade, then the Dark Shock pommel balances it out perfectly, but for a 32" MG blade, there is too much weight in the hilt that way. The regular pommel is what I like when I have the MG blade on it. Both work great though, and look pretty awesome as well.

EDIT: Either way is great for single hand. I can use two hands, and do sometimes, but it is easily a one handed saber.
I gotcha. I use heavy grade, and on my Dark Initiate V3 I actually find custom length blades about 28-30 inches make the whole setup the most comfortable weight for me. But I think the Apprentice is lighter so a 32 inch blade may be good. I'll keep the pommels in consideration though, Dark Shock or Archon is what im thinking right now

Owned: 
Overlord | Aeon v2
Fulcrum
Dominix v5
Monarch

Wishlist:
Sentinel LE v5
Manticore

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 06:30:20 AM »

I gotcha. I use heavy grade, and on my Dark Initiate V3 I actually find custom length blades about 28-30 inches make the whole setup the most comfortable weight for me. But I think the Apprentice is lighter so a 32 inch blade may be good. I'll keep the pommels in consideration though, Dark Shock or Archon is what im thinking right now

I use a HG blade on my Dark Initiate LE v4, as well as a Dark Shock pommel, and again, it is very similar to the Apprentice. Both good sabers. Archon pommel would probably look good too.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1109

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 12:02:47 PM »

Standard pommel

Dark Shock pommel

Great combination with that FO blade and the Dark LE design, TR^^ 

And the Shock pommel looks perfect!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: