Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: BATMAN NINJA - ANIME TRAILER (2018)  (Read 2505 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: January 02, 2018, 09:29:42 PM »

Gather together some of the most talented writers, producers and animators in Japan, give them the Batman characters, transport them to feudal Japan and see what they can come up with.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwPFxcefpdU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwPFxcefpdU</a>

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 11:47:29 PM »

Is this going to be a movie or a series? Seems like a lot of characters packed into one trailer. I like the animation style, seems unique, but the character design for a few of them are questionable lol Joker's moustache makes me cringe a bit

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 11:58:39 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Oooooooohhhhhh
I want to watch the hell out of that.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 01:52:57 AM »

Is this going to be a movie or a series? Seems like a lot of characters packed into one trailer.
From what I can tell it is going to be a movie - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_Ninja

I like the animation style, seems unique, but the character design for a few of them are questionable lol Joker's moustache makes me cringe a bit
are you a fan of Manga/Japanimation? If so, you might recognise that Joker's moustache is very in-keeping with character designs from other movies from that part of the world.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Oooooooohhhhhh
I want to watch the hell out of that.
HELLS TO THE YES!!

Give me some of that Ninja Scroll vibe mixed in with some Afro Samurai craziness, all with these recognisable characters. Can't remember the last time I was this excited for an animated DC movie.

*EDIT*
Just noticed that a second trailer was released. It's all in Japanese with no subtitles, but the visuals looks totes amazeballs.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wId8XY6y_HA&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wId8XY6y_HA&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 02:29:18 AM »

Me thinks it's because it reminds me of Waluigi LOL

Also, good golly, Damian's hair. Overall, it looks really good!

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 02:37:58 AM »

Neeeeeeed toooooo seeeeeeeee

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 07:13:43 PM »

Gather together some of the most talented writers, producers and animators in Japan, give them the Batman characters, transport them to feudal Japan and see what they can come up with.
Shocked WHOA!

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 07:37:12 PM »

Shocked WHOA!
Yep.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 10:04:32 PM »

I guess I'm too old and the only Anime I ever watched growing up was Speed Racer LOL. I just can't see watching Batman and needing sub titles. But that's just me, the visuals do look pretty good.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 10:48:54 PM »

I guess I'm too old and the only Anime I ever watched growing up was Speed Racer LOL.
So you never saw Akira? Ghost in the Shell? Ninja Scroll? Fist of the North Star? Spirited Away (or anything by Studio Ghibli)? Afro Samurai? (They all came out in the 90s/early 00s).

Japanimation isn't for everyone, but it typically features stunning visuals (far more cinematic than Western animated movies) and usually quite adult themes/content. If you haven't seen any of the ones I mentioned I highly recommend them.

Most come with English dubs that are pretty good, so you won't have to rely on reading subtitles. Afro Samurai was actually produced in conjunction with RZA from Wu Tang Clan and Samuel L Jackson (who voices some characters along with Ron Perlman).

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 03:05:16 PM »

So you never saw Akira? Ghost in the Shell? Ninja Scroll? Fist of the North Star? Spirited Away (or anything by Studio Ghibli)? Afro Samurai? (They all came out in the 90s/early 00s).
The only one in this lineup I've seen was Akira, just to see a so-called classic. It was well done, but I didn't get it.

Japanimation isn't for everyone, but it typically features stunning visuals (far more cinematic than Western animated movies) and usually quite adult themes/content. If you haven't seen any of the ones I mentioned I highly recommend them.
I'm going to contest this. It is my belief that there is an Anime for everyone. You just have find it.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2018, 05:33:51 PM »

I'm going to contest this. It is my belief that there is an Anime for everyone. You just have find it.
There is a very distinctive difference in the narrative/story telling in Japanimation when compared to Western animation. It is these differences which is the basis for my comment that Japanimation isn't for everyone. For instance, you mentioned that you didn't "get" Akira. That is a very common comment regarding that movie (it was the first Japanimation movie I saw and it blew my mind as it was so complex, beautiful to look at, weird and confusing. Definitely needed several viewings).

If you look at the recent live action version of Death Note and then watch the original anime, you can very easily see that the film makers completely missed so many essential aspects of what made the original anime fantastic.

Also, many times Japanimation is only available in Japanese with English subtitles which I know can be very off-putting for some people. You can occasionally get certain movies with English dubs, but on the whole, I think the original subtitles version tends to be better (just my personal opinion).

However, I would say that the Studio Ghibli releases are probably the most accessible for Western audiences to get into. But then again, maybe not. It'd hard for me to say as I love the genre. Obviously there are bad releases, as with any genre, but when they get it right they really knock it out of the park.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2018, 06:15:20 PM »

There is a very distinctive difference in the narrative/story telling in Japanimation when compared to Western animation. It is these differences which is the basis for my comment that Japanimation isn't for everyone. For instance, you mentioned that you didn't "get" Akira. That is a very common comment regarding that movie (it was the first Japanimation movie I saw and it blew my mind as it was so complex, beautiful to look at, weird and confusing. Definitely needed several viewings).

If you look at the recent live action version of Death Note and then watch the original anime, you can very easily see that the film makers completely missed so many essential aspects of what made the original anime fantastic.

Also, many times Japanimation is only available in Japanese with English subtitles which I know can be very off-putting for some people. You can occasionally get certain movies with English dubs, but on the whole, I think the original subtitles version tends to be better (just my personal opinion).

However, I would say that the Studio Ghibli releases are probably the most accessible for Western audiences to get into. But then again, maybe not. It'd hard for me to say as I love the genre. Obviously there are bad releases, as with any genre, but when they get it right they really knock it out of the park.
Oh, my comment was based on the broad diversity of subjects. But I agree, not all Anime is for everyone. I used to consider myself to be quite the otaku, and there were still ones that I didn't like for a myriad of reasons.

Sig by For Tyeth

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2018, 08:14:27 PM »

I'm ready.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2018, 08:39:26 PM »

Most come with English dubs that are pretty good, so you won't have to rely on reading subtitles. Afro Samurai was actually produced in conjunction with RZA from Wu Tang Clan and Samuel L Jackson (who voices some characters along with Ron Perlman).
Not only have a not seen them that was just like reading Japanese to me LOL. I think the only thing I understood was Samuel L Jackson haha. I might try to check out that one.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: